What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had been such a good boy recently, not going out and purchasing more bourbon than I could possibly consume in a lifetime.  I stopped by one of the local stores today, "JUST TO LOOK!", and left there with this . . . 

20170713_141520_zpse2og1zdv.jpeg  20170713_141539_zpsipwe6uy4.jpeg

I mean, 110.8 proof, 10 year 4 month old 4R, how could I leave it sitting on the shelf??????

I went out and bought the Rhetoric.  How often do you get a chance to drink 23 year old bourbon? Paid $109.99. 

IMG_0014.JPG

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

I went out and bought the Rhetoric.  How often do you get a chance to drink 23 year old bourbon? Paid $109.99.

Is the "Rush" screen and the Rhetoric planned?   ...Or just a happy coincidence.    I mean who spouts more rhetoric than Rush?

Is the "Rush" screen and the Rhetoric planned?   ...Or just a happy coincidence.    I mean who spouts more rhetoric than Rush?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

And they're both well aged. I'll see if the Rhetoric is as good as Rush. ;)

As luck would have it, I happened to be in the right place at the right time for a change. Finally! I do have to say that if I had delayed another day, I probably would have struck out like normal. I visited a store, and the manager happened to remember me. I was able to purchase a lone handle of Weller 12 from that store, and the next to last bottle of Weller SR from it's sister store. Both at retail. :o Looks like I might be shopping at a couple of different places in the future. They have a decent selection and mostly decent prices to boot. Needless to say, I'm an extremely happy camper.

Cheers! Joe

weller.jpeg

Congrats on the score Joe! It looks like we are going to have to wait until Fall around here before the distributor releases any Weller 12 and Elmer. [emoji22]

I guess it's a good thing that I have a couple in the bunker already.

6 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I had been such a good boy recently, not going out and purchasing more bourbon than I could possibly consume in a lifetime.  I stopped by one of the local stores today, "JUST TO LOOK!", and left there with this . . . 

20170713_141520_zpse2og1zdv.jpeg  20170713_141539_zpsipwe6uy4.jpeg

I mean, 110.8 proof, 10 year 4 month old 4R, how could I leave it sitting on the shelf??????

Ha - photobucket strikes again!  I thought they were only anti-firearms (most of the folks on the shooters' forums that had their pics hosted on photobucket have been dumped and they don't know where their gun pics went.  Now they're dumping bourbon pics, too?!?  Oh, the humanity!    :angry:

Edited by GeeTen
Grammar this time

Well picture a Barrel Strength 4R Single Barrel OSEV age 10 years, 4 months and 110.8 proof.

^^^^Attaboy Joe!

I spotted some ER10 priced under $30, so I snagged a couple for the bunker today.  One can never have too much ER10, IMO. 

15 hours ago, Radioyada said:

These two just arrived. This is the third bottle of Blanton's Gold I have purchased, and I am really looking forward to trying the North Star. 

image.thumb.jpg.241fead3641137728a81191d50827627.jpg

I have never heard of North Star.  If they only made 154 bottles did you find at the distillery? Have you tried it yet?

5 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

I have never heard of North Star.  If they only made 154 bottles did you find at the distillery? Have you tried it yet?

I had not heard of North Star until Monday either.  It was found on Master of Malt while ordering the bottle of Blanton's Gold.  Apparently it was distilled in Tennessee for 13 years at an undisclosed distillery, and bottled in Scotland by North Star.  It peaked my interest enough to order the bottle, but unfortunately both are still at my office as I was unable to bring them home yesterday.  

Not sure when it will be opened, as there are several bottles ahead of it that I have not tried yet.  So many bourbons and so little time...

6 hours ago, Radioyada said:

I had not heard of North Star until Monday either.  It was found on Master of Malt while ordering the bottle of Blanton's Gold.  Apparently it was distilled in Tennessee for 13 years at an undisclosed distillery, and bottled in Scotland by North Star.  It peaked my interest enough to order the bottle, but unfortunately both are still at my office as I was unable to bring them home yesterday.  

Not sure when it will be opened, as there are several bottles ahead of it that I have not tried yet.  So many bourbons and so little time...

Yes, I understand your very nice problem! Please review for us when you do get to it.

Found a barrel select of ER10 I haven't seen before so picked that up along with a few beers.

e9015f3e47b257a20443fbe3adf2b7be.jpg

Not necessarily something that I would purchase myself but it was a much appreciated gift from the guys that work for me for my birthday.
f953952b4d1f9c009932397034e85f7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily something that I would purchase myself but it was a much appreciated gift from the guys that work for me for my birthday.
f953952b4d1f9c009932397034e85f7d.jpg

Is this worth 109.00 ? I see it on the shelf near me.

I haven't opened it yet. I'm in a bit of scotch mood tonight. I will report back when I open it, there is rumor of a GBS gathering in the near future so I will probably bring it there too so that the full Atlanta contingent also provide their thoughts.

I haven't opened it yet. I'm in a bit of scotch mood tonight. I will report back when I open it, there is rumor of a GBS gathering in the near future so I will probably bring it there too so that the full Atlanta contingent also provide their thoughts.

[emoji106]

37 minutes ago, BigPapa said:

I passed on a pact 3 at TW today for $77.

44 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Well Happy Birthday (either in advance, or belated, or whenever the @#$% it is)!  Look forward to that gathering as well!

In my continued quest for good bourbon a decent price I picked up my first VOB 100. Not entirely sure, but it seems like this used to have both an age statement and BIB designation, which it lacks now. But it looks like it's still an enjoyable bourbon to some people, so I'm hoping for the same appreciation on my end. And I also picked up what's slowly but surely becoming a quick favorite (and daily go to)of mine: OGD BIB

20170714_205512.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.