Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 minutes ago, Caskstrength said:

That is 33 years of alcohol at 1 bottle a month...a big mountain to climb.

"One bottle a month" :)  That's a good one!

Edited by jvd99

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

"One bottle a month" :)  That's a good one!

LOL - one plus a week...if I go lightly

Holy mother of crap I hope you never have to move.  I just packed a very small fraction of that to move over one county.  Lost sleep for 2 or 3 days knowing my safety stock was going to be in someone else's possession for a few hours.  Thankfully everyone made it to the new house safely.

On 1/26/2017 at 1:48 PM, Masset1982 said:

. . . I've never seen so much bottles in one place. Like other said, every time me my wife is gonna give me a hard time about my bottles, Im gonna show her this picture. 

Will.

Two thoughts -- Putting them all in one place allows the spouse to have an easy time giving me a hard time which is why I keep them spread out and disorganized.  AND - EXcellent presentation.

Two thoughts -- Putting them all in one place allows the spouse to have an easy time giving me a hard time which is why I keep them spread out and disorganized.  AND - EXcellent presentation.

Thanks Harry coming from you that's a HUGE compliment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go, Hop. I wish my collection was organized photogenically - Mine are all crammed into storage.

Loving all that Old Charter - I'm quite into that as well and was able to grab a lot of it around Houston.

Having recently visited Hop's "bunker" I can attest to its majesty! It motivated me to buy some new shelving units and tighten up my game!

On 1/29/2017 at 6:21 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

haha, exactly!  don't wanna keep all my eggs in one basket for her to see! ;)

On 1/25/2017 at 9:21 PM, Hop said:

Added another shelf/bookcase last weekend and finally have it somewhat sorted out. This resides in my office hence the printer and file organizer you see on the shelves. Still a little work to go but at least I have all the bottles together now.

1c380a52899176146ec9460afb0a275b.jpg9c4ce017ee1fa0aa099ef04e5a8b432b.jpg395fbd83a95a2bd89ef07e759bcab9d5.jpg091ab88f992ae0fa5786e60b1856af44.jpgcd9dba96f7694851abb0853077dc5c26.jpg9203e1f1a0517e07c0e4ca0a56911c6b.jpga54b0d68b1d71f6c2b0d7f23e8c874ee.jpgb71d04a1edf40839a88eda6cbce1bf46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely stunning!

I'd be thrilled just to have your bottom shelf.

I love seeing all those bottles of Old Fitzgerald BIB and Heaven Hill BIB.

12 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Absolutely stunning!

I'd be thrilled just to have your bottom shelf.

I love seeing all those bottles of Old Fitzgerald BIB and Heaven Hill BIB.

I would just be happy to be his neighbor.  He would never have to cut his grass again!

16 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I would just be happy to be his neighbor.  He would never have to cut his grass again!

I like that - love to share! Going to take a few bottles with me to a Super Bowl party at a neighbors tonight

Got my new liquor cabinet today.  Had a pour of Bakers while stocking it.  Don't have a ton of bourbon yet but give me some time.  

Liquor%20Cabinet_zpsurqjje2o.jpg

13 hours ago, Hop said:

Nice Cabinet!  and a a very nice selection - one suggestion

Get another cabinet... :) 

Let me get this one filled up first.  However, if you can convince my wife to let me buy another one I down for it. :)

Trust me, it'll be easier to justify purchasing another cabinet than all the bourbon it'll take to fill it up B)

9 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Trust me, it'll be easier to justify purchasing another cabinet than all the bourbon it'll take to fill it up B)

Heehee.  Gentlemen, this here is a man who knows how the game is played.   ;)

15 hours ago, jvd99 said:

......BUT, considerably easier to smuggle in the Bourbon bottles one or two at a time, than to try to get that cabinet into the old homestead unseen...... then try to hide it.   ...Just sayin'.

19 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

......BUT, considerably easier to smuggle in the Bourbon bottles one or two at a time, than to try to get that cabinet into the old homestead unseen...... then try to hide it.   ...Just sayin'.

Darn it, you've already exposed my plot.  I figure one or two bottles at a time can be sneaked past the wifey.  Did that yesterday with a bottle of Booker's.  She's starting to figure me out though.  I had to buy a second wine refrigerator last year after our trip to Napa.  She would definitely notice and know why I bought another cabinet.

Your cabinet, while very nice, is too open and well lit. Ya' can't really hide anything! ;) 

When I first bought my cabinet, and would finish bottles, I'd leave them on or in my cabinet. When I bought something, I'd then place my purchase in the spot(s) occupied by my empties. My cabinet looked like it pretty much stayed the same. This trick only worked a short time for me though. My wife is a pretty smart cookie, and along with that, my purchasing habits may have  just possibly started to get slightly extreme. :huh: "Know what I mean Vern?" :lol: 

But seriously, nice cabinet Cards. I hope you enjoy it, and also enjoy filling it up as well. :)

Cheers! Joe

Joe, I am definitely enjoying filling it up.  Doing the Evan Williams Experience next Saturday so I'll probably pick up a bottle while there (suggestions are appreciated).  Thinking my next bottle from my local purveyor will be CEHT.  So many bourbons, so little time. :)

Edited by CardsandBourbon

8 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Joe, I am definitely enjoying filling it up.  Doing the Evan Williams Experience next Saturday so I'll probably pick up a bottle while there (suggestions are appreciated).  Thinking my next bottle from my local purveyor will be CEHT.  So many bourbons, so little time. :)

The best approach is one in and two out.  Unfortunately, most of us end up putting two in for every one we take out.

9 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Not Joe but for items available at EW there usually isn't a lot there that's special but one thing that they have that I really like and think is priced right is the Evan Williams Master Distillers Select in the 375ml crock jug for $20 - I think it's great bourbon at a good value and my wife likes the little crocks

Got my new liquor cabinet today.  Had a pour of Bakers while stocking it.  Don't have a ton of bourbon yet but give me some time.  
Liquor%20Cabinet_zpsurqjje2o.jpg

Seeing that Rick Pitino bottle of Maker's, I'm guessing the cards in CardsandBourbon is for the Louisville Cardinals.
That is a good looking cabinet. Congrats.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!