What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, Kane said:

Interesting, I knew about this but it never occurred to me that aesthetics would be the reason. But I suppose it made sense in the olden days when chill filtration wasn't all that well understood by the common folk.

Yeah, I found it interesting when I first heard about it too. Funny though, every since then I've noticed that cloudiness whenever I have a pour of a non-chill filtered bourbon with ice or water. As long as it tastes good, it doesn't bother me a bit.  :P

Cheers! Joe

53 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

AND he's in a K+L ship state!!!!

I think I'm going to whine now. It clearly gets results!

Not anymore unfortunately - just changed sometime within the last 4 weeks as I received a shipment from them about a month ago. Just this week I tried again, and this was my result (from K&L - Informational only - plenty others do ship to MO)

Shipping Prohibited

We're sorry... we're unable to process your order online for the distilled spirits in your basket. We can only ship distilled spirits within California.

48 minutes ago, LongGone said:

Not anymore unfortunately - just changed sometime within the last 4 weeks as I received a shipment from them about a month ago. Just this week I tried again, and this was my result (from K&L - Informational only - plenty others do ship to MO)

Shipping Prohibited

We're sorry... we're unable to process your order online for the distilled spirits in your basket. We can only ship distilled spirits within California.

My life just got more difficult.

Thanks for telling me, this is some SERIOUSLY bad news!

Picked up some more OWA from another store PS Barrel today. This was priced a bit more than the earlier purchase this week, but this is supposed to be NCF. There was also a purchase limit, which allowed it to last more than a few hours like the two other stores that had OWA PS Barrels this week. They also got in four different BT PS Barrels, a 1792 FP PS and an ER PS Barrel. The 1792 was the best I've ever had and the ER and BT was darn good too. So, needless to say, my wallet took another hit today because I left with at least one of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LongGone said:

Shipping Prohibited

I deserve the ribbing. I'm not looking for a sympathy vote but my dad passed away this morning. Was not unexpected. On my 2 hour drive to the funeral home the store messaged me so I felt it was fate. If you notice the background of the pic I stopped at a little veterans memorial park. 

Also, one of those PHC is for a friend. I had never seen those in the wild either except for 3+ times retail. 

My gratitude to GeeTen for providing the location where I could get this. Can't wait to try this. GeeTen I owe you one.

Rock_Hill.jpg.fe36bf130c05e1b3ffee04b1644d0b88.jpg

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I deserve the ribbing. I'm not looking for a sympathy vote but my dad passed away this morning. Was not unexpected. On my 2 hour drive to the funeral home the store messaged me so I felt it was fate. If you notice the background of the pic I stopped at a little veterans memorial park. 

Also, one of those PHC is for a friend. I had never seen those in the wild either except for 3+ times retail. 

Hey Clueby that's terrible news and we're all sorry to read it.

I'm sure you know the ribbing here is all in the spirit of good friendship, and we'll all raise a glass for your loss around the world tonight.

• I like it 3

Was at P & M picking up some butterscotch schnapps to make Buttery Nipples and Wafflez at our tailgate on Saturday I picked up another OGD 114 for the bunker and a Pikesville Rye (I know it's a rye and not a bourbon but I'm just too lazy to go post it in the What Rye Did You Purchase Today) thread.

48 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Sorry to hear of this Clueby. Just poured a tall OF 1920 here and raising it now to your father and your family during this time. Take care.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Really sorry to hear that. Sorry and condolences. My old man passed last year. Cheers to you.

^^^^Clueby,

I'll still rib ya', but please accept my most sincere condolences.  Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family, as well as a toast in honor of your fathers memory.  

On topic:  I got a text day before yesterday.  Co-worker on the road (out of state) found a honey hole of Stagg Jr. for $54.99.  We agreed to buy 5 of 8 bottles on the shelf.  He took one, I took one, and three friends still consider us friends in good standing!  :)  Part of me wishes I'd bought it all, but I have a personal rule that I try not to break when it comes to stores that I'm not a regular in (always consider the local guys even when the owner doesn't give a $&!%)...

5 hours ago, Dango said:

My gratitude to GeeTen for providing the location where I could get this. Can't wait to try this. GeeTen I owe you one.

You're very welcome!  And you did tell them it was for me, right?   :lol:

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father.    I know it is a tough thing, whether or not it's 'expected'.    I shall raise a glass later today in your and his honor, Clueby.

Does it count as a purchase if you didn't pay anything for it? Most interesting bourbon at the local whiskey festival last night was a bottle of the new PHC 11yo which I of course tried immediately. But later in the evening I noticed to my surprise that it was still hanging around. Naturally I hung around to the end and then, being a gallant southern gentlemen, I offered to assist the women at the booth with carrying things to her car. And of course I also offered to dispose of that excess bottle of PHC. Very thoughtful of me right? :D

So I go home with about 1/4 of the bottle for the bargain basement price of zip, zero, nada. My favorite price!

How it lasted to the end in the first place is still a conundrum to me.

• I like it 3

^^^^and that good sir, is the way to get it done!  Very well done!  That is one thing we have going for us in Kentucky, often times a tasting means that three (or eight:lol:) distilleries will show up.  Once those bottle are open............:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Paddy said:

^^^^and that good sir, is the way to get it done!  Very well done!  That is one thing we have going for us in Kentucky, often times a tasting means that three (or eight:lol:) distilleries will show up.  Once those bottle are open............:rolleyes:

Even better was that I had gotten a free industry pass to the festival in the first place!

Should have played the lottery. That would have been my only expense!

Well, I did Uber but that is always a good idea at an event like this. For me anyway!

• I like it 2

It was a great day as my name finally made the top of the list in a NC ABC store.   Scored 1 bottle each of this year’s release THH, PHC 11, GTS AND A Michter’s 10      

8D46AF75-107A-49B8-9B4D-81C77A6E9D02.jpeg

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, $helby said:

It was a great day as my name finally made the top of the list in a NC ABC store.   Scored 1 bottle each of this year’s release THH, PHC 11, GTS AND A Michter’s 10      

BOOM - You're the winner.  Nice

32 minutes ago, $helby said:

Very nice! I would be a happy camper with those two on the left!

Picked up a ECBP batch B517. It was a bit above retail at $69.99, but I find it hard to pass these days when I see it at any reasonable price, although that is about my upper limit. After exiting that store, I crossed the road to another store and saw the same batch in their premium cabinet, marked at $130, needless to say I passed on that one!

20 hours ago, Dango said:

Geeten is a good man. Enjoy the RHF

Edited by graftonbc1
  • I like it 1

Pretty sure this will be terrible but I had $11 burning a hole in my pocket. Stopped in one of my main Weller Antique spots and found them still recovering from flooding from Harvey and had just opened back up. Saw this on the shelf wanted to buy something from them and figured I'd be the only kid on the block with Bourbon De Luxe.

ba01e75bfa38d8af48224bac1e2b17e1.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.