What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks everone for the kind words. Yeah I know the ribbing is all in fun. First world problems and all. 

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Hop said:

Picked up a Charter 101 and another ECBP B517 earlier this week.  

Are you still finding the Charter 101 in glass bottles (with the barley engraved in the glass) or the new plastic 750's?

The latest shipment around here has all been plastic 750's.

Also, send some of that ECBP  "B" batch west. 

There's a couple of us on here from STL who's mouths are watering to try it, after hearing about it all summer.  :) 

4 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

Spend more than I needed to but got a couple bottles I have been looking for.

IMG_5079.JPG

Let me know what you think of the new Rare Breed. 

I finally caved last night and bought the Old Forester 1920 that I've had my eye on for a few months.

It was worth the wait!

This is an explosion of caramel and sweet flavors on the attack with a full, robust mouth coating midpalate. You don't get the burn that you'd expect from 115 proof until the finish. The finish creeps up on you slowly with a mid-long lingering finish.

Absolutely amazing bourbon! If you have the chance to buy it, don't pass it up... I never will again.

It's going to be really difficult to reach for anything else for a pour in my liquor cabinet with this still in it...

Happy bourboning!

Cheers!

IMG_1277.JPG

It took forever to track down the OBSO, but it puts me at 10/10 of the recipes. It was buried in a box in the back of the store and took the very helpful guy 10 minutes to dig it out. Looking forward to some comparative sampling.

IMG_7735.thumb.jpg.31da38cbccbfcc5ee09fde85144ef16e.jpg

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

It took forever to track down the OBSO, but it puts me at 10/10 of the recipes. It was buried in a box in the back of the store and took the very helpful guy 10 minutes to dig it out. Looking forward to some comparative sampling.

Congrats on the 10/10! On 9/10 myself but only for a little while longer thanks to a fellow SB member. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Are you still finding the Charter 101 in glass bottles (with the barley engraved in the glass) or the new plastic 750's?

There's a couple of us on here from STL who's mouths are watering to try it, after hearing about it all summer.  :) 

You mightve gotten skipped on the b517, been finding it out in CA for a few months now.

21 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Congrats on the FR's 10/10.

I see you also found a Little Book. It would be interesting to hear what your thoughts are on this one. Please post some tasting notes when you open it up.

Cheers! Joe

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

I"ve only seen the glass w/barley around here.  In fact it was the first time I'd seen it in NC at all most of what I have came from SC.  I a fortunate to have a good source of the ECBP here in a control state

33 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Is the Little Book new?  I haven't seen that on the shelves, just regular Bookers batches.

1 hour ago, NDN98 said:

Is the Little Book new?  I haven't seen that on the shelves, just regular Bookers batches.

Apparently it showed up just yesterday and I was somewhat surprised to see it. I figured I'd pick it up while I had the opportunity at $70.00. I will post some notes once I get it open, but it may be a few weeks as I'll be on the road. The packaging is really well done-- a formal evolution of the Booker's DNA.

1 hour ago, jshleffar said:

You mightve gotten skipped on the b517, been finding it out in CA for a few months now.

B517 hasn’t hit VA yet 

1 hour ago, NDN98 said:

It is a recent release

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Congrats on the four roses. That’s an older one from the Jim Rutledge days too. 

8 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Congrats on the four roses. That’s an older one from the Jim Rutledge days too. 

Provided they're over 8yrs old, they're all from the Rutledge days until 2023.

• I like it 1

Just now, The Black Tot said:

Provided they're over 8yrs old, they're all from the Rutledge days until 2023.

True, but I meant bottled

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Might start watching for it.  It didnt show up all summer in Kansas City, but my local grocery got 3 bottles late this past week, and one was left when I got out today.

Edited by gurgalunas

1 hour ago, gurgalunas said:

Might start watching for it.  It didnt show up all summer in Kansas City, but my local grocery got 3 bottles late this past week, and one was left when I got out today.

My favorite store in southern rural MO just finally got A117 last week. Distribution is a weird business.

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

As a recent FR 10/10 guy, congrats. I think you'll enjoy the rare breed as well. 

56 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

As a recent FR 10/10 guy, congrats. I think you'll enjoy the rare breed as well. 

Thanks. Yes, I certainly will enjoy the Rare Breed. I pick up the 375mL bottles whenever I see them as they pack well and make great hotel room companions. Getting tougher to find now with the recent bottle change.

Nothing too noteworthy today. I was doing a wine run and grabbed a couple bottles of a local store's PS Buffalo Trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.