What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I hate to say “none” but my bother and I are on a 30 day challenge to make zero purchases! 10 days in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

I hate to say “none” but my bother and I are on a 30 day challenge to make zero purchases! 10 days in....

October is not the month I would pick for that challenge. 

October is not the month I would pick for that challenge. 

We both scored some w12 last month.....and the chances of us hitting a big allocated is slim and non...with none winning. If we do, we will certainly fail the challenge.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

It took forever to track down the OBSO, but it puts me at 10/10 of the recipes. It was buried in a box in the back of the store and took the very helpful guy 10 minutes to dig it out. Looking forward to some comparative sampling.

IMG_7735.thumb.jpg.31da38cbccbfcc5ee09fde85144ef16e.jpg

nice age on it too congrats

22 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

It took forever to track down the OBSO, but it puts me at 10/10 of the recipes. It was buried in a box in the back of the store and took the very helpful guy 10 minutes to dig it out. Looking forward to some comparative sampling.

IMG_7735.thumb.jpg.31da38cbccbfcc5ee09fde85144ef16e.jpg

I tried the search to find a post where all 10 recipes were shown? No luck. Would you be kind enough to educate me? 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

I tried the search to find a post where all 10 recipes were shown? No luck. Would you be kind enough to educate me? 

Thanks

Google is your friend. I’m using a tablet and don’t know how to copy and paste but I did a search on 4 roses liquor variations and got the info. ;)

Ps - I should probably google how to copy and paste on an iPad. :D

Edited by DCFan

33 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Thanks

IMG_3355.JPG

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, netboog said:

Pleasantly surprised to find WT Decades on the Sunday special....Picked up 2 @ $70.

That's a fantastic deal.  I picked up a Decades a few months ago and it was $120 (and that was with a 20% off coupon).

49 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Thanks

Here ya' go FP.

Cheers! Joe

Thanks Joe and Mako. Is it grounds for dismissal to admit I'm not a big 4R fan? Surely with 10 recipes I can find 1 I like.

:huh:

3 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Thanks Joe and Mako. Is it grounds for dismissal to admit I'm not a big 4R fan? Surely with 10 recipes I can find 1 I like.

I'm pretty sure you can find one you like FP. Even though I'm not a huge FR's fan, I've had a couple of their different recipes. My favorite was one I bought by mistake. :huh: I was at Binny's once, and they had a few of the different recipes on the shelf. I thought I grabbed one that I'd heard was pretty good. (I can't remember which recipe. CRS disease) When I got home, I noticed it was an OESO and not the one I had intended to buy. As it turns out, I really enjoyed the OESO. I wasn't upset at all with my mistake. :) 

Cheers! Joe

9 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Not everyone loves 4R.  Like me!  Outside of standard Single Barrel and some OBSK, most recipes aren't in my wheelhouse.  As a distillery, I rank them tied with Brown-Forman and behind HH, BT, and Beam.  But, with the way B-F products are killing it with me lately, B-F may bust forward from that tie.  The Single Barrel can be special, though.

16 hours ago, BigRich said:

Nothing too noteworthy today. I was doing a wine run and grabbed a couple bottles of a local store's PS Buffalo Trace.

This is a good thing & at a good price. Between a buddy & me, we have now about six different PS BT & have been making our way thru. So far only one has been questionable.

Not really a purchase but one of my good bourbon buddies gifted me a Calumet Farms for my birthday.  Interested to see how this tastes.  Aged stated 10 years and single rack.

20171015_165734.jpg

18 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Not really a purchase but one of my good bourbon buddies gifted me a Calumet Farms for my birthday.  Interested to see how this tastes.  Aged stated 10 years and single rack.

20171015_165734.jpg

This is small batch of 19 barrels from a single rack in the warehouse? Interesting. I don't recall ever seeing that strategy used before. Once you crack it open,  let us know how it tastes. Is this source or distilled by Calumet themselves?

According to my research, Calumet is Barton sourced and bottled by the same company that owns Bird Dog.  The regular Calumet is alleged to be 6-8yrs old, so that 10yr stated might be very nice.  The 86 proof is kind of a bummer though.

Edited by Nm0369

Nothing officially purchased by me, but a good friend's father just bought me a few bottles of HH6.  I have never tried it and am very excited to see how it measures up against the other "bottom shelfers"

4 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Nothing officially purchased by me, but a good friend's father just bought me a few bottles of HH6.  I have never tried it and am very excited to see how it measures up against the other "bottom shelfers"

I think you'll like it Bob. IMHO, the only thing bottom shelf about the HH6 is the price. :) Enjoy!

Cheers! Joe

BTW, how many are a few? ;) 

7 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Does it have screw top caps? J/k. :D

• I like it 1

Not everyone loves 4R.  Like me!  Outside of standard Single Barrel and some OBSK, most recipes aren't in my wheelhouse.  As a distillery, I rank them tied with Brown-Forman and behind HH, BT, and Beam.  But, with the way B-F products are killing it with me lately, B-F may bust forward from that tie.  The Single Barrel can be special, though.

I don't even know you anymore...

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I don't even know you anymore...

I am a man of a million scintillating facets...  :D

• I like it 1

On 10/13/2017 at 6:21 PM, $helby said:

It was a great day as my name finally made the top of the list in a NC ABC store.   Scored 1 bottle each of this year’s release THH, PHC 11, GTS AND A Michter’s 10      

8D46AF75-107A-49B8-9B4D-81C77A6E9D02.jpeg

Indeed one of the best scores yet.

• I like it 1

Have you tried the OESK pick at one of our favorite stores? I think it is fantastic. I'd be happy to let you try it if you want. Their OBSV pick was pretty good too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked this up today for $28.99 at VA ABC. I don't expect it to be awesome, but it is straight bourbon (2 yr, 92 proof), and for the price it's worth taking a flyer on.

Tried to find the Isaac Bowman Port Finished but it's not out yet.

IMG_1123.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.