What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally got my stash of 3 Weller 12 and a OFBB.  Relayed by 3 different friends and family to get to me!  The last relay guy got the first pour of Weller.

Finally got the Kentucky trip in. Thanks to all who made suggestions. I picked up many of them. Some they didn't have. I have never had any of these. With a 10% discount, all this was a whopping 130.00! Can't wait to start trying them.

image.jpg

• I like it 1

Bought a 750ml of 1792 full proof. Will open it sometime soon. But have to finish a couple open ones first.

Just got a Buffalo Trace store pick which is really good...my first bottle of BT and definitely a fan.  Also bought another OWA but this time $26.99 as opposed to $42.99 a month ago...good sign.

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

Finally got my stash of 3 Weller 12 and a OFBB.  Relayed by 3 different friends and family to get to me!  The last relay guy got the first pour of Weller.

Nice!

On 10/17/2017 at 4:53 PM, FacePlant said:

Was with another SBr at lunch today and we lamented not seeing a B in our market. Now we know where it all went. :)

By the way we haven't seen any C either.

B517 still hasn't made it's way to VA (at least as far as I know).  I haven't even heard of a C release yet.

I picked up a bottle of baby Saz for $30 at a local TW this evening - I'm guessing either no one noticed it, or they don't know what it is (6 bottles on the bottom shelf and a case in overhead storage).

Also came across a bottle of Stagg Jr at a small LS for $50 last night, which was a first finding it.

Found a bottle of ECBP B517 earlier in the week (FINALLY!).  Was at a grocery liquor store today, and clerk mentioned they had a A117 in the back room, been there for months.  Manager couldn't come up with a price after several phone calls, so offered $25.  SOLD!

• I like it 4

So I took my good fortune, and added to it.  Got a 12 yr KCSiB for $35, a HWMWND for $95, got a CRNH I've wanted to try (but nobody carried), and finally a W12 handle for $50.  One of my best days hunting yet...

A buddy/coworker offered to be on the look out for me a few bourbons I told him I wanted.  On that list of course is the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection with all 5 listings (GTS, WLW, ER17, etc) 

Today he comes walking in with a standard bottle of Buffalo Trace...-_-  Not to worry, it will be enjoyed by me without a doubt, but I may need to explain this thing a little bit better in detail about the EXACT bottle listed on my list.

Many thanks to my buddy /coworker for even giving it a shot.  I am just glad it was not some $100 bottle of some nasty craft label.

• I like it 1

I picked up a EC NAS and two store pick KCSB's (one from each of two different barrels).  It's been close to a year since I tried the NAS EC, so I figured it's time to see how the profile is holding up.  The KCSB's were going for $36.99 (cheapest price I've seen around here is a while), so now I'll get to compare them to the other 5 PS bottles I've been working on...:D

Spoiler

Made out good today in Austin, met a LS manager (owner) who had some Weller 12 out back for her frequent/preferred customers, she very nicely managed to find an extra for a out of townee visitor. I picked up some other stuff too due to her generosity. Very different experience from yesterday. 

Austin.jpg.0891212abf95dcf800f78865dccd7976.jpg

• I like it 1

Picked up a couple ER SPs and OGD114. Did get excited about the LS allocated deliveries showing up. Looks like the next few weeks special holiday bottles will be offered out. BOUT TIME!

From the NC ABC?

Yes. It does come to the state but it’s not widely distributed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Hop said:

Yes. It does come to the state but it’s not widely distributed.

Connections, that's what I'm talking about. ;)

A new ABC store opened just down the road and had some hard to find stuff available when the store opened. I was happy to get a CEHT SmB. They had about half a dozen OFBB but they went quick. 

October has been a productive (yet expensive) month. I also got some Old Fitz BIB that didn't make the photo. I was lucky enough to purchase everything at retail price. Might have to store these away and slowly bring them out so the wife doesn't start asking to many questions.

1508472012264855130121.jpg

• I like it 1

I was going to wait, but I couldn't resist grabbing the Midwinter Nights Dram. Picked up the Hancock to try as well.

I was going to spend a bunch earlier in the week to hit grand reserve at total wine to try to make their 'list', but was told on Tuesday that their reservations were already sent out for BTAC and Pappy so it wouldn't matter for this year. Then today I was told they actually only sent the reservations out this morning, so I could have made the list if I went through with it as originally planned (I was $200 away from the cuttoff, so now I'm kicking myself :angry:).

20171019_221702.jpg

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

I was going to wait, but I couldn't resist grabbing the Midwinter Nights Dram. Picked up the Hancock to try as well.

I was going to spend a bunch earlier in the week to hit grand reserve at total wine to try to make their 'list', but was told on Tuesday that their reservations were already sent out for BTAC and Pappy so it wouldn't matter for this year. Then today I was told they actually only sent the reservations out this morning, so I could have made the list if I went through with it as originally planned (I was $200 away from the cuttoff, so now I'm kicking myself :angry:).

20171019_221702.jpg

Take a shot of that 99 in the corner and forget about what could have been.

Edited by Golzee

11 minutes ago, Golzee said:

Take a shot of that 99 in the corner and forget about what could have been.

That has traveled with me since my gf in college got it and couldn't stand it. I still havent tasted it, but I guess now is a good a time as any lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.