What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Is that an old Laird's bottle or are they finally producing the BIB again?

It is a new BIB, and tastes completely different to the old one. Vastly inferior, this is a different product altogether.

Edit: Ah, missed the other post saying this is the old bottling. Anyways, there has been a new BIB around for a long time, and it is relatively crap. There is a way to tell them apart from the label, but can't remember now, and my Internet is even crappier.

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, Kane said:

It is a new BIB, and tastes completely different to the old one. Vastly inferior, this is a different product altogether.

Edit: Ah, missed the other post saying this is the old bottling. Anyways, there has been a new BIB around for a long time, and it is relatively crap. There is a way to tell them apart from the label, but can't remember now, and my Internet is even crappier.

The new bottles aren't labeled bottled in bond, they have the founded date on the bottom.

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

The new bottles aren't labeled bottled in bond, they have the founded date on the bottom.

That might be it, but it is still 100 proof, right? I recall that it was very easy to confuse the two, but don't remember the details. Sorry, but it sucks to have no decent Internet connection (in the middle of Florida, that is)

Seems to be a lot of negative comments on the Laird's and checking the pricing have you guys considered looking into Calvados? I think you can find some pretty nice stuff in the price range of Laird.

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Seems to be a lot of negative comments on the Laird's and checking the pricing have you guys considered looking into Calvados? I think you can find some pretty nice stuff in the price range of Laird.

Yes I have a couple bottles of Calvados, nothing super fancy though, Lairds BIB is a different product and I enjoy it for what it is it certainly had it's fans when it was still available. 

11 hours ago, Kane said:

That might be it, but it is still 100 proof, right? I recall that it was very easy to confuse the two, but don't remember the details. Sorry, but it sucks to have no decent Internet connection (in the middle of Florida, that is)

Correct still 100 proof.

19 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Well there you go. Chill, shake, and serve!

You talked me into it. :D

2 hours ago, Kane said:

You learn something new everyday.

Yes indeed. This is quite the place for obtaining one's higher degree in bourbon. ;)

• I like it 1

Another bottle of the 4R PS OBSK  11Y6M.  Son visiting from SC over the weekend.  Had a sample and loved it.  Sent him home with a bottle.  Bunker loves these bottles.

Edited by El Vino
  • I like it 1

22 hours ago, GeeTen said:

RY10 ($54.99) & WA107 ($23.99), just because!  :D

GT:  just because the Yankees aren't playing tonight?!?  Wink, wink.

46 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Another bottle of the 4R PS OBSK  11Y6M.  Son visiting from SC over the weekend.  Had a sample and loved it.  Sent him home with a bottle.  Bunker loves these bottles.

That's a good age on that bottle.  Relatively old compared to the ages I've seen on 4R PS lately.  I found a bottle of OBSV last week @ 8Y6M and bought it.

Good on you for giving your son a bottle. 

Anybody have a vatting suggestion to give it a little more kick.

Yeah, add some more EW! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

Anybody have a vatting suggestion to give it a little more kick.

2 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah, add some more EW! emoji6.png

Sassinfrackinfrickinfruckin! You beat me to it Steve. <_<  Sheesh. I guess I'm gettin' slow in my old age.  Although I was gonna say just add more bourbon. 

Cheers! Joe

Sassinfrackinfrickinfruckin! You beat me to it Steve. <_ i guess gettin slow in my old age. was gonna say just add more bourbon.>  
Cheers! Joe

Yeah, Joe gettin' slow AND forgetful...that wasn't Steve. [emoji12]

Cheers! Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah, add some more EW! emoji6.png

Was looking for something a little less obvious., but guess the keep it simple stupid response was well deserved. 

5 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah, Joe gettin' slow AND forgetful...that wasn't Steve. emoji12.png

Cheers! Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMFAO. Touche'! Shhhhh. Don't tell Vosgar.:lol:

Cheers! Joe (I think)

1 hour ago, El Vino said:

GT:  just because the Yankees aren't playing tonight?!?  Wink, wink.

I was going to be braggin' on my new bottle of PVW20 from Total Wine today to drown my sorrows about Alex Cora taking over the Red Sox.  But it seems that I hit into a double play today - no bourbon and Alex is still working.  Bummer - just going to my RY10SiB for comfort and solace.  "Make it two fingers and spread 'em."    :lol:

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

Was looking for something a little less obvious., but guess the keep it simple stupid response was well deserved. 

But seriously..... IIRC, Gary T may actually age some of his own home made egg nogg. Maybe he'll chime in here with a suggestion for ya'.

Cheers! Joe

32 minutes ago, Hop said:

"Make it two fingers and spread 'em."    :lol:

Maybe it's just me and my mood tonight but I got a real chuckle our of this line @GeeTen

We were visiting my wife's 85 year old brother a couple weeks ago in Brevard, NC and they were reminiscing about their dad.  One of the nieces remembered that "Bumpa" always asked her to fill his drink glass with Canadian Club - when she asked "how much" (every time), that's what he told her.   Nice to have great memories from previous generations, yes?   :D

• I like it 2

Ive got a younger cousin who has been coming over and sampling while exploring bourbon so I grabbed him an ER10 and mckenna 10 single since his birthday is coming. Also Im hoping he leaves my stuff alone now!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.