What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, El Vino said:

Another bottle of the 4R PS OBSK  11Y6M.  Son visiting from SC over the weekend.  Had a sample and loved it.  Sent him home with a bottle.  Bunker loves these bottles.

OBSK is fantastic. 

Scored a bottle of ECBP batch #10 (138.8 proof). First bourbon that I may have slightly over paid for but all things point to it being worth it. Same store has a bottle batch #12 (136.0 proof), may have to grab that one too.

• I like it 2

9 minutes ago, Fishin49er said:

Scored a bottle of ECBP batch #10 (138.8 proof). First bourbon that I may have slightly over paid for but all things point to it being worth it. Same store has a bottle batch #12 (136.0 proof), may have to grab that one too.

Nice finds. Were these just on the shelf?

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

We were visiting my wife's 85 year old brother a couple weeks ago in Brevard, NC and they were reminiscing about their dad.  One of the nieces remembered that "Bumpa" always asked her to fill his drink glass with Canadian Club - when she asked "how much" (every time), that's what he told her.   Nice to have great memories from previous generations, yes?   :D

Love this!

3 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Nice finds. Were these just on the shelf?

Yeah, I was surprised to see 1 batch #10, 1 batch #12 and 3 batch B517 on the shelf. I got the feeling that the normal clientele aren't looking to pay $80 for a bottle of bourbon. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, kemosabe said:

That's a good age on that bottle.  Relatively old compared to the ages I've seen on 4R PS lately.  I found a bottle of OBSV last week @ 8Y6M and bought it.

Good on you for giving your son a bottle. 

Love sharing with my father and my son!  Older bottle, have not seen any 4R PS anywhere close to that age since they changed the neck tag.

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

We were visiting my wife's 85 year old brother a couple weeks ago in Brevard, NC and they were reminiscing about their dad.  One of the nieces remembered that "Bumpa" always asked her to fill his drink glass with Canadian Club - when she asked "how much" (every time), that's what he told her.   Nice to have great memories from previous generations, yes?   :D

Great story, and a great quote Gee. And yes, it's nice to have memories from previous generations. 

Cheers! Joe

3 hours ago, Gorzo said:

Was looking for something a little less obvious., but guess the keep it simple stupid response was well deserved. 

When I was experimenting with eggnog a few years ago WT101 was my favorite between BT, EC12 and Maker's.

20 minutes ago, Kane said:

When I was experimenting with eggnog a few years ago WT101 was my favorite between BT, EC12 and Maker's.

Thanks Kane

FO is alright, but certainly not my favorite.

I wouldn't normally shell out the cash for this one, but, this caught me off guard.

I've seen bottle #'s from recent releases as high as 43276 and priced @ $99.99.

This "dusty" bottle was still sitting on the shelf @ a hole in the wall from the first run back in 2014? Or 15?  ( I can't remember when FO came out).

Anyway, I checked the bottle #, had a good chuckle, and brought it home.

:)

IMAG2482_1.jpg

IMAG2483_1.jpg

• I like it 3

Everyone has said great things about this store pick BT. I’m looking forward to a blind sbsbs with this, standard BT, and ER10.

I’ve yet to try the WT Rye 101. It has been on my whiskeys to buy list for a while. 

883D982E-9A71-420C-B50F-F282E79589B4.jpeg

3 hours ago, vlado_mato said:

Cowboy times! Greetings from Vienna!

WP_20171023_16_42_05_Pro.jpg

The shape of that Booker's bottle looks... wrong.

1 minute ago, Kane said:

I was thinking the same thing! 

13 minutes ago, Kane said:

Is that an export only bottle?

Cowboy times! Greetings from Vienna!
WP_20171023_16_42_05_Pro.thumb.jpg.1023ba725728f7acfc3979660a4a6826.jpg

Two very good "bourbons" there! The Dickel has a very unique taste, but lots of caramel and corn sweetness...when I'm in the mood for its unique flavor, it's hard to beat.

grabbed a latest batch stagg jr, 2 store pick OWA and a private cask compass box selection because I got impulsive.

3 hours ago, Kane said:

I looked it up apparently they changed the Bookers Basil Hayden and Bakers bottles in the EU at some point to the same bottle shape (the one pictured) to be more in line with typical "Whisky" bottle shapes.

Latest and greatest. From today's hunt. Big game. Anymore cliches I will in post edit.

Huzzah

59f14dc4e9061_unnamed2.thumb.jpg.c4fd208549aa19bfabc6c28b13a9b228.jpg

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 1

11 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

Latest and greatest. From today's hunt. Big game. Anymore cliches I will in post edit.

Huzzah

Dang, that's a nice haul there fellow!!

• I like it 1

Huzzah

Lol nice job. Even when I was a kid in Southern Cali I hated the Dodgers. Well not as much as late 80s A's man I hated there bandwagon fans.

First time finding a store pic of Russell’s Reserve SB.  Can’t wait to try it since so many on here love this one.

024FCF66-9431-4169-93B9-2E4161810F38.jpeg

Edited by NDN98

12 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Lol nice job. Even when I was a kid in Southern Cali I hated the Dodgers. Well not as much as late 80s A's man I hated there bandwagon fans.

:D

Thanks. Dodgers are the worst. They come to San Diego and take over the Padres stadium (Petco Park).

Funny about the A's. Actually have a soft spot for the A's due what their fans have to live with (Terrible stadium. Terrible owner. Having to put up with Giants fans)

Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.