What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Ha..

baby saz for $79.99

stagg jr for 69.99

CEHT RYE 99.99

CEHT BP 99.99

good grief that was ridiculous

The CEHT BP is easily the least offensive of that lot, I'm not sure I've seen it for lower than $85 in NY or NJ.

2 minutes ago, jshleffar said:

I was just going to say, I mightve grabbed that EH BP. That stuff is fantastic

Well its just 20 minutes up the road and im here til sunday.. may grab 2 of those BPs if not such a bad deal..one to drink and one to bunker.

18 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Well its just 20 minutes up the road and im here til sunday.. may grab 2 of those BPs if not such a bad deal..one to drink and one to bunker.

Just make sure it was the BP and not the SB, the SB is often around the same price as the Rye here ($70ish)

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Just make sure it was the BP and not the SB, the SB is often around the same price as the Rye here ($70ish)

Definitely was the BP. It was great to see all these bottles that i only see online but the prices were a little silly. It was the first place I stopped on my mini vacation, so good to know this place is just up the road from my parents if i ever get in a bind

9 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Passed; for now at least... This year's Old Forester Birthday Bourbon.     See my new thread in the premiums area.

Get it. If you decide you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands. No cost to you if so!

20 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Ha..

baby saz for $79.99

stagg jr for 69.99

CEHT RYE 99.99

CEHT BP 99.99

good grief that was ridiculous

Ridiculous for you maybe, but I just paid $70 for stag jr and $95 for rye, and would jump at the BP for $99.  Never even seen them on the shelf in over 2yr of looking in KY since they just go down the call lists at all the stores before they hit the shelves.  So for a normal guy like me, if you want them you have to buy them at over MSRP or on secondary.  And Stagg Jr and the CEHT BP are easily worth those prices and way better than a lot of more expensive bourbons.

Passed on a couple of Weller SR's but notified our resident "Weller Whore" moderator where they're at :P

• I like it 2

44 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

ECBP $59.99

RHF $85

There would have been some more ECBP in my house at that price. I normally have to pay $65-$70.

38 minutes ago, Clueby said:

There would have been some more ECBP in my house at that price. I normally have to pay $65-$70.

Gosh dang it! I have so much to choose from down here. Blowing up the budget already.. may go back and get  2-3 of those ECBP tomorrow. Just passed some

IW HARPER 15 at $79

michters toasted $79

orphan barrell barterhouse $99

more CEHT SmB at $39

not sure what to do.. this is like one of those dreams where you keep finding money

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Gosh dang it! I have so much to choose from down here. Blowing up the budget already.. may go back and get  2-3 of those ECBP tomorrow. Just passed some

IW HARPER 15 at $79

michters toasted $79

more CEHT SmB at $39

not sure what to do.. this is like one of those dreams where you keep finding money

More like a dream where you are spending all your money..... on bourbon.... Same boat

5 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

More like a dream where you are spending all your money..... on bourbon.... Same boat

Exactly! You should hear all the ways im justifying this to myself in my head.

On 10/1/2017 at 8:40 AM, kevinbrink said:

This year's Birthday Bourbon for $200, easy pass.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO. Insanity. 

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Passed on a couple of Weller SR's but notified our resident "Weller Whore" moderator where they're at :P

It probably wouldn't upset my wife (too much) if I spent even more money on bourbon than I already have the past couple of weeks or so. I just don't want to push it. :mellow:  Like I said before, thanks pal. <_<

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Exactly! You should hear all the ways im justifying this to myself in my head.

Self justification is easy.... "I want it". Wife justification.... "they don't make it any more"  "it's super allocated"  "I can only get it here"  "sb.com said it's delicous"

On 10/1/2017 at 10:58 AM, DCFan said:

Me too. Yeah it's a LE but that still isn't enough to excite me enough to even enter.

Not when the 1920 is in abundance at $59

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Not when the 1920 is in abundance at $59

And I enjoy the heck out of the 1920.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Proud to say i just passed on Lusty Claw. Didnt even ask the price.

I dunno.

Just having that bottle might be worth it...

1 minute ago, 0895 said:

I dunno.

Just having that bottle might be worth it...

So unbelievably I saw a second bottle at a different store this afternoon. It was priced in the $70"s!!!

IW HARPER 15 at $79
michters toasted $79
more CEHT SmB at $39

The obvious accidental pass here is the ECBP at $59.99. I'm all over it at this price.

I was excited to see two of his year's OFBB tucked behind the shelf of a new store that has been good to me. I was picking up a BP rum they special ordered for me. They've always sold at retail price. I asked the counter girl if I could have one. She said sure and handed one to me but added that they had just gotten them and they weren't in the computer yet. She checked the wholesale book and thought the price would be $86. She signaled to the owner, who called his partner and after a 5+ minute discussion said the price was $150. When I said never mind the owner got a bit defensive. Said it was internet market price and that other stores were charging more. I agreed but said it wasn't worth it to me. I was prepared to walk away but he kept trying to explain how it was a good price and got a bit animated about it.

The most interesting thing he said was that they got in trouble from their wholesaler the last time they sold a LE at a too low price and that if they wanted to continue to get more LEs they had to charge a premium. That stunned me. I still passed. 

IMG_3238.JPG

On 10/1/2017 at 9:40 AM, kevinbrink said:

This year's Birthday Bourbon for $200, easy pass.

Huh, just picked up my 2017 OFBB lottery win yesterday for exactly half that price OTD!  Going to gift it to a good friend whose wife had a baby girl earlier this year.  Hope he can share it with her in 21 years.   :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.