What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm currently enjoining a pour of 13th Colony Rye (I cannot believe how much I like this bottle, and I have various ryes in the bunker).  For $32 it's a good value.  Planning on moving to Willett 3 year rye next.

Edited by Tom G
  • I like it 2

Sat around the campfire and had some I.W. Harper and some Rhetoric. Actually enjoyed both even though I’m usually not a huge fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Tom G said:

I'm currently enjoining a pour of 13th Colony Rye (I cannot believe how much I like this bottle, and I have various ryes in the bunker).  For $32 it's a good value.  Planning on moving to Willett 3 year rye next.

Pleasantly surprised by it as well. A fellow SBer tried some blind and had positive things to say. 

Watching TV last night and enjoyed some Larceny followed by a pour of 1792 SmB PS, from Mammoth Liquors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

These... These are what I'm enjoying. Not all at once, but slowly and surely. These are all of my open bottles and I'm looking to open one more - I just don't know what to open next! :huh:

IMG_1418.thumb.JPG.2c4013afd0c4435787dc87cc3b7c5a80.JPG

Cheers!

• I like it 1

Not a bad day at work, but it was "different". :wacko: HH6 BIB in the glass this evening. 

Joe

OWA, with a side of maybe 0.5oz of Martell Cordon Bleu to finally kill off that bottle. Starting off unimpressed, this OWA has somehow become an everyday thing.

McKenna BiB, going to try to empty 4 bottles by next week (ER10, HMK, Jeffersons VoVs, RRsingle barrel) so I can open some fun stuff (stagg, PH11) wish me luck!

• I like it 1

Best of luck to you!

Last night I wanted a little something to relax after an exhausting day. I really needed to feel like I accomplished something, so I decided to finish off a bottle of plain ol' Buffalo Trace. Sure, it may not have knocked my socks off, but it was a great, solid bourbon to finish out the day. I've heard rumors that recent bottlings of BT have been declining in quality. I really hope that isn't true, because I always considered it a nice staple. I guess now that this bottle's gone, I'll have to get another and find out for myself! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

29 minutes ago, MeAndMyWhiskey said:

Best of luck to you!

Last night I wanted a little something to relax after an exhausting day. I really needed to feel like I accomplished something, so I decided to finish off a bottle of plain ol' Buffalo Trace. Sure, it may not have knocked my socks off, but it was a great, solid bourbon to finish out the day. I've heard rumors that recent bottlings of BT have been declining in quality. I really hope that isn't true, because I always considered it a nice staple. I guess now that this bottle's gone, I'll have to get another and find out for myself! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

If the recent bottles have been declining, I would love to get my hands on an older one! The one I just finished off was fantastic and it was purchased in October.

• I like it 1

The PS BT that I've had (and bunkered) is head and shoulders above the standard bottling; being a single honey barrel and all. 

Keep an eye out for these, they are a great value. 

My mother-in-law grabbed me a bottle of Wathen’s Barrel Proof for our Thanksgiving visit.  I’m not complaining!

7A5E69B3-06EB-40DA-A2E7-B16BC3E8179D.jpeg

Edited by BrianGA
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

If the recent bottles have been declining, I would love to get my hands on an older one! The one I just finished off was fantastic and it was purchased in October.

Same here, I bought mine 5 weeks ago, and I just finished it, I thought it was pretty damn good. It was a store pick.

2 hours ago, BrianGA said:

My mother-in-law grabbed me a bottle of Wathen’s Barrel Proof for our Thanksgiving visit.  I’m not complaining!

7A5E69B3-06EB-40DA-A2E7-B16BC3E8179D.jpeg

What exactly IS the proof of this bottle?     It loox like it may be 117-proof; but I'm not certain I'm reading that small image properly.       I've never seen WBP; where was this bottle sold?

13 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

What exactly IS the proof of this bottle?     It loox like it may be 117-proof; but I'm not certain I'm reading that small image properly.       I've never seen WBP; where was this bottle sold?

We've only got the single barrel version, 94 proof, for $39.99 available to us here.

27 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

http://www.gobourbon.com/medley-brothers-bourbon-releases-wathens-barrel-proof/

A quick google search shows he got a very limited edition. Looks like his mother in law really likes him because I'm betting this was a little pricey.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Mt Pleasant, SC - Bottles LS.

My mother-in-law is awesome, she enjoys the hunt.

Edit: Proof is 117.

Edited by BrianGA

Bushmills 16 before dinner and after will be last year's HWMWND and some Heaven Hill 6 year BiB. Small pours to ease into the holidays... 

I can't have any alcohol for the next 2 weeks due to a new prescription I picked up this afternoon :(. However, I made the executive decision to not start the drug until tomorrow, so........ 2012 GTS in the glass tonight :D. I absolutely love this whiskey, definitely a multiple pour evening!

• I like it 4

ER10 as I get ready to make the pies for tomorrow.

Going with pumpkin (of course)

& rhubarb for the other one.

This isn't really doing it for me tonight, so I'll probably switch to a different distillery in a bit. :)

IMAG2772.jpg

• I like it 1

On 11/20/2017 at 10:37 PM, Tom G said:

I finally tried my bottle of 13th Colony bourbon that I bought 2 years ago. It's really nice for $32. Much better than I expected. It's sourced, but a good value for the price.

Right now I've got a pour of KCSB Bourbon Wars selection from Dekalb Bottle House that I'm nursing while watching the Mrs baking all kinds of stuff for Thanksgiving tomorrow. She never stops! I am going to die from all the food tomorrow.  :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.