What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

If I'm reading you correctly, this is the first positive thing I've read on this board about Hudson. Maybe it's that EWSB that's making you run from the herd regarding New York's finest. :D

Lemme get this straight - you think that hudson's probably being an hallucinogenic is a positive?:o

Not a huge BT guy but 9 year old store picks don’t show up every day. Good stuff here. 

69E0E33A-B30E-4A4D-9B92-837197113CDF.jpeg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Was at Down One Bourbon Bar last night after a U of L basketball game.  They have a seriously long and seriously overpriced bourbon list.  $90 for a pour of GTS, $40 for a pour of ETL.  Ended up having a pour of their PS KCSiB.

Yeah the prices there are ridiculous.

Finishing up a long day of cooking and early Thanksgiving dinner for the family.  It was a great day so I thought I would end it with one of the kings of bourbon. GTS

IMG_2290.thumb.JPG.c821864c21dd25bb29300f6e1ef2b2f4.JPG

• I like it 1

I always start paying more attention to the LE's as the holidays approach. I fall into the trap of squirreling them away during the year as I drink the readily available stuff so the holidays always serve as a reminder that this stuff is meant to be drunk.

So in that spirit, tonight I started with '14 OFBB and am now finishing a pour of '16 4RLE SmB. Going to finish the night with this year's Parker's.

4 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Finishing up a long day of cooking and early Thanksgiving dinner for the family.  It was a great day so I thought I would end it with one of the kings of bourbon. GTS

IMG_2290.thumb.JPG.c821864c21dd25bb29300f6e1ef2b2f4.JPG

This '15 Stagg is quite a treat, one of the best releases for sure, i miss this one. 

8 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Lemme get this straight - you think that hudson's probably being an hallucinogenic is a positive?:o

Have you forgotten the 60's? :P

Killing off last pours of JDSB BP and Aberlour Abunadh while cooking. They are both around 60%, but the JD drinks like 90% in comparison. Both amazing whiskies but surprising how different the mouthfeel is.

Tonight I have some Wild Turkey Rare Breed 116.8 Proof.
902dd07e0c006d1f0862d2ea642d4c7f.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Enjoying a couple of AL picks-OF Sig & Virgin Bourbon. Squeezed in 1792 BP between them.

The OF Sig & Virgin are not available in TN ( I think)

14 hours ago, DCFan said:

Have you forgotten the 60's? :P

"If you remember the 60s, you weren't there!"  -  Alice Cooper

• I like it 4

8 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

"If you remember the 60s, you weren't there!"  -  Alice Cooper

So Fuuny. And TRUE. :D

21 hours ago, flahute said:

I always start paying more attention to the LE's as the holidays approach. I fall into the trap of squirreling them away during the year as I drink the readily available stuff so the holidays always serve as a reminder that this stuff is meant to be drunk.

So in that spirit, tonight I started with '14 OFBB and am now finishing a pour of '16 4RLE SmB. Going to finish the night with this year's Parker's.

Isn't this the truth?  I always try to save limited or allocated stuff for special occasions.  But, isn't every day a special occasion?  I often find myself opening special stuff during the holiday season.  

• I like it 2

In New Orleans this weekend, so things are limited.

Started with an old overholt sazerac,

Followed by makers mark &

Turkey 101 neat.

Respect to MM & WT101 for pulling me through as decent neat pours!

:)

IMAG2756.jpg

IMAG2759.jpg

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, 0895 said:

In New Orleans this weekend, so things are limited.

Started with an old overholt sazerac,

Followed by makers mark &

Turkey 101 neat.

Respect to MM & WT101 for pulling me through as decent neat pours!

:)

IMAG2756.jpg

IMAG2759.jpg

The wife and I were in New Orleans this past August. We stayed at the Prince Conti Hotel, where they made a great Sazerac using Old Overholt.  If I only had Makers Mark and WT101 as my only bourbons, I would not consider myself to be living too poorly at all. Enjoy New Orleans.

ended the evening with a book and this 4r. For those of you who like the cigar taste, this one makes me feel like I just finished my yearly cigar around the fire pit on xmas eve. Tons of leather, molasses and tobacco

4r.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.