What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I thought they had done something like that but could not remember for sure.
Thanks for confirming!

This is what the new Maker's 46 cask strength looks like now that they are providing it as part of their Private Select series. Generally it is still only available at the gift shop, but I think a few liquor stores have been able to choose it as their Private Select option for sale in their stores.
94833e971e42bb0e58e67ef7065e739b.jpg2ff79ae456936d86391b0671212d9f70.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2638919C-538F-4AF1-8AC1-B135363FCD7A.thumb.jpeg.db28b7cbe990b7957c37fc1688fda9e3.jpegReached out for the only 90 proof of my cabinet, i have to be honest, it’s pretty tasty for such a low proof bourbon. Wouldn’t pay secondary prices for it though, but it’s nice to have some. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

Small taste of 4 roses single barrel (picked by Brent Elliott) that I picked up at the 4 roses gift shop.  I forgot how good the regular single barrel is. 

• I like it 1

Joe with a pour everyone wants to wake up to.
@Masset1982 is that a zinc countertop? Like an old fashion Parisian bar, very cool. I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and would go zinc over granite. Issue is we are likely to turn our home into a rental property in the next couple of years and granite is more popular.

29 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Joe with a pour everyone wants to wake up to.
@Masset1982 is that a zinc countertop? Like an old fashion Parisian bar, very cool. I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and would go zinc over granite. Issue is we are likely to turn our home into a rental property in the next couple of years and granite is more popular.

It would pretty cool, but no, it’s form IKEA, it’s made of wood witch is paint, looks pretty good though. 

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

This is what the new Maker's 46 cask strength looks like now that they are providing it as part of their Private Select series. Generally it is still only available at the gift shop, but I think a few liquor stores have been able to choose it as their Private Select option for sale in their stores.
94833e971e42bb0e58e67ef7065e739b.jpg2ff79ae456936d86391b0671212d9f70.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, quite a few have stores have put together their customized barrels over the last couple years. TPS, Gallenstein, Liquor Barn, Liquor City, Liquor Warehouse, Binny's, Big Red, to name a few. And many times, they put together multiple barrels at the same time, with each one offering a different flavor profile. 

• I like it 1

A little pre Tyler Childers show drink while listening to The Steeldrivers. It’s an eastern KY themed night here in STL.  A dang good way to kick off an action packed weekend. Cheers!
1474A936-7F85-4ECE-A7AD-844F1199EDFB.thumb.jpeg.747b6eed74f8170c6fcc4744191b9af3.jpeg
I have had a few hours with Tyler. I hope you enjoyed the show. Right now I have some Jefferson's Reserve and Ale 8 1. For those about to rock, I salute you.
06b7ecf3e3d0494d763a91b1c46f43fd.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

2638919C-538F-4AF1-8AC1-B135363FCD7A.thumb.jpeg.db28b7cbe990b7957c37fc1688fda9e3.jpegReached out for the only 90 proof of my cabinet, i have to be honest, it’s pretty tasty for such a low proof bourbon. Wouldn’t pay secondary prices for it though, but it’s nice to have some. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

One of my all time faves. Cheers!

2 minutes ago, beasled said:

I agree. :)

Cheers! Joe

2 minutes ago, beasled said:

Great stuff! 

Cheers! 

Will.

It would pretty cool, but no, it’s form IKEA, it’s made of wood witch is paint, looks pretty good though. 

Ha ok you did a good job on the paint. I'm not going to knock IKEA as I'm getting there there cabinets which are actually pretty good and if you go with an external design company they can do some nice stuff.
  • I like it 1

Actually, quite a few have stores have put together their customized barrels over the last couple years. TPS, Gallenstein, Liquor Barn, Liquor City, Liquor Warehouse, Binny's, Big Red, to name a few. And many times, they put together multiple barrels at the same time, with each one offering a different flavor profile. 

That's why the Private Select series was created, but I was referring to the selection of all 10 Maker's 46 staves by stores to create what was formerly known as Maker's 46 Cask Strength. I had heard that some stores had gone that route rather than create their own mix of 10 staves amongst the different stave choices. My bottle was purchased at the Maker's gift shop, since there are no stores in my area that have been able to or wanted to get a Private Select barrel from Maker's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I agree. :)

Cheers! Joe

I'm eternally envious of your Birthday ETL Joe... 

Did a SBS with older (2014) and new W12. The older one seemed a little richer on the nose and had a bit more of that "leathery" finish that I equate with older wheaters. Had I not tried these side by side I doubt I'd have noticed a difference. The differences I did pick up could have been just due to the 2014 bottle having only a few inches for a long time. Both of them were good.

20171111_154602-1209x1612.jpg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I have had a few hours with Tyler. I hope you enjoyed the show. Right now I have some Jefferson's Reserve and Ale 8 1. For those about to rock, I salute you.
06b7ecf3e3d0494d763a91b1c46f43fd.jpg

It was an incredible show. I even score some Stag while there. 19C27186-AC5B-4B12-A5D0-E0E38095A65F.thumb.jpeg.a3860d81cb691b5500b768cef326c2e5.jpeg

• I like it 1

Ask not what your bourbon can do for you. Ask what you can do for your bourbon.

Wait, that doesn't make sense....or....uhh.

Huzzah.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.32bc6b79ebe0710c341d936365b5e3bd.jpg

• I like it 1

Opened my first bottle of SAOS 11 tonight. Wasn’t expecting much to be honest, I usually am not a big fan of anything under 100 proof but decided to give this a shot based on friends’ claims that low-proof SAOS is great. This did not disappoint! I can’t believe how much flavor is packed into 46.2 abv...might need to find another bottle or two.

038CF3BB-9F34-4E32-A1AA-17EF436F015A.jpeg

• I like it 1

I might have one of each tonight in Louisville. I start with Blanton's store pick.
9ce341c13e02900a55e9babaa816e951.jpg

• I like it 2

SBS of EHT BP and Stagg Jr. First, they taste different from each other. Not sure which I like better but the EHT is more refined while the Stagg is both spicier and sweeter. I was maybe hoping I couldn’t tell the difference or that I preferred one over the other so that I could stop buying one, but no such luck. I’ll need to keep shelf space and budget to keep buying both. 

26E2F70E-920A-41D8-BB53-14A0FCF9E04E.jpeg

2 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I might have one of each tonight in Louisville. I start with Blanton's store pick.
9ce341c13e02900a55e9babaa816e951.jpg

Love me some GlenDronach, is that a Blantons SP 375 looks small?  How is that Slane?

7 hours ago, DCFan said:

DN1843 while watching The Pacific.

Me as well. Never hear much about DN1843. Thought I was one of the only ones that enjoyed it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.