What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yea, a few of those would have gone home w/ me. Last barrel my local TW got in was $69/btl. 

I think if it was any other recipe I’d consider it.
  • I like it 2

Picked up a couple of these dusties @ $30 per, but passed on buying more.  They have the age statement on the back.  Do I go back for the rest??

image.jpeg

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, Schultz24 said:

Picked up a couple of these dusties @ $30 per, but passed on buying more.  They have the age statement on the back.  Do I go back for the rest??

Do you like the way it tastes?

• I like it 1

Passed on some GTS/WLW/THH at €315/bottle.

Will.

Edited by Masset1982
  • I like it 1

51 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Passed on some GTS/WLW/THH at €315/bottle.

Will.

Yikes!  Even at $315/bottle, those are an easy pass (IMHO, of course)!!!    :blink:

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Yikes!  Even at $315/bottle, those are an easy pass (IMHO, of course)!!!    :blink:

Yikes indeed, they were sold out in less than 5 minutes.

21 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I know the cult will look down on me for this egregious decision, but I passed up a bottle of 9yr OBSF that was on sale for $49.99 at a local grocer. The sale lasts through 2/27, so I have time to dwell on it. I promised myself I wouldn’t buy any bourbon for 3-4 months so I can drink down some of my stash, so I’ll likely stand by my choice. 

3-or 4-months!!!   OMG!!!!    How is that even possible????

• I like it 1

I've passed, for the moment at least, on a local shop's 4Rsib ps 9yr OESV at $60, they have plenty on hand for now.  No experience with 4R beyond the standard sib and smb - how's OESV compare to the standard sib OBSV, is it worth twice the price as a higher proof ps?  Enquiring minds want to know....

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

I've passed, for the moment at least, on a local shop's 4Rsib ps 9yr OESV at $60, they have plenty on hand for now.  No experience with 4R beyond the standard sib and smb - how's OESV compare to the standard sib OBSV, is it worth twice the price as a higher proof ps?  Enquiring minds want to know....

The OESV is typically a lot more nuanced than the OBSV in my opinion. I would drink the OESV over the standard SB (OBSV) any day (I am very much a barrel proof lover though).

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

3 or 4 days, maybe. 

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I know I know. I’m just trying to get my stash (which isn’t a fraction of what some of you guys have) whittled down some.  

Plus I’m getting married in April, so we have some other expenses.  We are able to stock our reception bar, so that’ll likely be my next trip to the store.  

• I like it 1

Had an out-of-town-store-guy recommend a store in my town that I didn't know about. As soon as I walked in, I notice several things I had been looking for. I passed up every variation of CEHT stuff (except 4 grain/none of that) and a Midsummer's Dram. The Col SIB was $55; 2 bucks less than I had previously paid.

Edited by bayouredd

He “promised himself”, you hadn’t said the same?

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

He “promised himself”, you hadn’t said the same?

Hmmm, never thought of doing that.   ^_^     I know for certain that is a promise I just couldn't keep.   :lol:

• I like it 1

Passed on Parker’s heritage for 140 today... it has me thinking tho. Its not on shelf so could be there few more days

Hmmm, never thought of doing that.   [emoji5]     I know for certain that is a promise I just couldn't keep.   :lol:

Like a New Year’s Resolution.
  • I like it 1

44 minutes ago, Cornfed12 said:

Passed on Parker’s heritage for 140 today... it has me thinking tho. Its not on shelf so could be there few more days

Passed it myself a few times this year -- and also a FR 2017 and Al Young. I still can't decide if the tingling sensation that follows is better than the bourbon itself.

At the risk of having my intelligence questioned, I admit to passing on Blanton's at $58 and change. Christmas has gone by and my birthday isn't for six more months so those two facts made it difficult to rationalize adopting a bottle.  I don't dispute the quality of the whiskey but I'm reluctant to pay for rarity.

• I like it 1

I passed on a MWND. It was priced well at $79.99, but I'm trying to keep purchases down to work down the bunker before I move next month.

I pass on a good selection all at or close to retail prices today..WSR ($22.99), Stagg Jr. 129.5 ($49.99 batch 8?), Baby Saz ($29.99), ER10 ($32.99), Blanton's ($58.99), etc.

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I pass on a good selection all at or close to retail prices today..WSR ($22.99), Stagg Jr. 129.5 ($49.99 batch 8?), Baby Saz ($29.99), ER10 ($32.99), Blanton's ($58.99), etc.

That's some impressive self control right there!

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

That's some impressive self control right there!

I've got more than I need of all of those already.

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I've got more than I need of all of those already.

Good man. I applaud your discipline.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.