Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Never fear Kevin. There will be nary a drop left in them before they finally hit the recycle bin. Even the empty ETL, which I shall keep for decanting/vatting/Weller blending purposes, will be void of any and all contents before all is said and done. :P

Boba! Joe

Whew, you had us worried there for a minute.  Was thinking I might have to make a run to Illinois for an intervention.

20 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Whew, you had us worried there for a minute.  Was thinking I might have to make a run to Illinois for an intervention.

LMFAO Kevin. :lol: Rest assured sir.......  

Buba! Joe

Tonight I sent a bottle of OWA to the big Green Bin at the curb. I look forward to seeing it again soon as a different recycled product.

16 minutes ago, elmossle said:

Tonight I sent a bottle of OWA to the big Green Bin at the curb. I look forward to seeing it again soon as a different recycled product.

Like on the secondary, full of Rebel Yell and resealed?

Sorry.  :)

Every once in awhile, a human will experience a Change that affects how that human regards Life.  These two pictures document one such experience in my Life.  My regret?  I only bought one.  But then, because I only bought one, others - up to three more IIRC  - had a chance to taste this.  It convinced me that spending on a temporal pleasure is not necessarily a "waste".

Thank you, SB.678463025_hhssa.thumb.jpg.d519597c7a0b0c0177e530adcf5a22b7.jpg

hhss b.jpg

• I like it 7

Uh, I just realized that that NOT ONE DROP of that bottle was consumed with added water, ice, or other additive.

• I like it 3

On 5/21/2018 at 11:39 PM, 0895 said:

Like on the secondary, full of Rebel Yell and resealed?

Sorry.  :)

Since I do not buy on the secondary market, it really isn't my problem. However, you do make a valid point and I'm sure it happens a lot these days. 

I’m a fan of the new EC store picks. Still undecided on the regular bottling.

E2F043D2-91EF-4965-B0AF-2725A1695B42.jpeg

• I like it 2

I tidied up three bottles over the past couple of days before oxidation ruined the last pours. RRSiB, CEHT SmB, and a Stagg Jr. It appears that some bottle buying therapy is in order.

• I like it 1

The last pour of a WT101 Rye broken cork bottle. I wonder if the coffee filter will add some wood or paper to the palate?

CD6AD407-AE72-4889-B37A-2889C7175DF0.jpeg

Finished off one KCSB PS and just opened another.  The new one has a subtle maple flavor; very nice.  Still one of the best bourbon bargains around.

KCSB.jpg

This lasted a couple hours of a Sunday BBQ it was a crowd favorite. 

y4mBBFGHi5ocCHhFzEHwIY2zmF3Dd8SpyXtkHdVN

Closed out a bottle of Stagg Jr. batch 9. Really going to miss that one. 

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

This lasted a couple hours of a Sunday BBQ it was a crowd favorite. 

y4mBBFGHi5ocCHhFzEHwIY2zmF3Dd8SpyXtkHdVN

Just curious Kevin, what were your thoughts on it?  I haven't seen it in Indy but I know Binny's has it.  I will probably be hitting Chi Town sometime this summer.

On 5/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

LMFAO Kevin. :lol: Rest assured sir.......  

Buba! Joe

I can only imagine a straw went into each just to make sure nothing was left but air.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:09 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Every once in awhile, a human will experience a Change that affects how that human regards Life.  These two pictures document one such experience in my Life.  My regret?  I only bought one.  But then, because I only bought one, others - up to three more IIRC  - had a chance to taste this.  It convinced me that spending on a temporal pleasure is not necessarily a "waste".

Thank you, SB.678463025_hhssa.thumb.jpg.d519597c7a0b0c0177e530adcf5a22b7.jpg

hhss b.jpg

I have one remaining bottle which will be opened soon as a send off to a friend who is moving.

17 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Just curious Kevin, what were your thoughts on it?  I haven't seen it in Indy but I know Binny's has it.  I will probably be hitting Chi Town sometime this summer.

I liked it, maybe my favorite port finished bourbon actually, I think it is more balanced than Angel's Envy and more enjoyable than the 1792 port, the finish shows up but doesn't smack you in the face. I haven't had the Bowman port finish yet, I will probably buy another bottle since I only had a few pours from the 375. I think it's well priced for an age stated decent proof finished bourbon, for anyone who that would typically check a box for it's an easy recommendation. 

• I like it 1

Finished this one off over the long weekend as well. Luckily I have a backup to this one.

78464F33-55FD-420D-AFD2-D5B32AB3D041.jpeg

Finished off a bottle of one of my favorites tonight. Fortunately, there's a replacement waiting in the wings! 

20180601_182851.jpg

• I like it 1

8 years 9 months in the rick house, but not long open in my cabinet. Adios 58.6% OESK. We had a good run. 

629843CB-B1F3-436D-9CFF-80467EE3B0EB.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.