What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, Mako254 said:

Decades for $89?? That is a take. 

31C50F6D-237E-40D8-AC4B-849728DAFE99.jpeg

Alas, I have only one thumbs up to give. Was that the last one? Columbia is only a couple of hours away from me.

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I didn’t even know such a thing existed...Blanton’s store pick. $66 after tax. 

D49F71B3-EE43-4672-93D6-42AE62B64628.jpeg

There is another local chain in Fort Wayne that is supposed to be getting these.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Alas, I have only one thumbs up to give. Was that the last one? Columbia is only a couple of hours away from me.

Snagged this one in Florida visiting my folks. 

Look forward to cracking it. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

31C50F6D-237E-40D8-AC4B-849728DAFE99.jpeg

Great catch, can’t beat that price, a clear buy. Enjoy! 

Will. 

• I like it 3

31C50F6D-237E-40D8-AC4B-849728DAFE99.thumb.jpeg.0ebb4b47b9a0f2af045914e70579df43.jpeg

That's a hell of a deal! If they had more than one of those, I would have been stocking up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 2

Couple pick ups on a recent trip. Haven’t tried either, but looking forward to trying both. I know this isn’t the forum, but can’t believe how Costco can sell an 18 yo so cheap (at 92 proof, too). 

0E992F87-8FD9-48A9-B500-E4E027006A95.jpeg

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Snagged this one in Florida visiting my folks. 

Look forward to cracking it. 

Great find! Decades is by far the best pour I’ve had this year. 

• I like it 1

Less than a week after saying I'm done buying, I bought... Guess the key is to stay out of stores, but was hard today as I had a rare day off to myself. Looking forward to both of these.

VnVUqsw.jpg

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, raymoall said:

Couple pick ups on a recent trip. Haven’t tried either, but looking forward to trying both. I know this isn’t the forum, but can’t believe how Costco can sell an 18 yo so cheap (at 92 proof, too). 

0E992F87-8FD9-48A9-B500-E4E027006A95.jpeg

Kirklands bourbon selection, the bottle I got about two years ago, for me was surprisingly amazing. Kirkland/Costco are killing it on these whiskey selections.

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, Cigars&Bourbon said:

Less than a week after saying I'm done buying, I bought... Guess the key is to stay out of stores, but was hard today as I had a rare day off to myself. Looking forward to both of these.

VnVUqsw.jpg

MMMMM Those are some sweet store picks. I want to try the Bowman. 

• I like it 2

Today I gave in to Whiskey Nervosa again and purchased 

Jack Daniels Barrel Proof

Bulleit Barrel Strength batch 2

and a triticale straight whiskey 4 year old at barrel proof called Dry Fly with a port barrel finish

3whiskeys041318.jpg

• I like it 2

33 minutes ago, Dannabis said:

Bulleit Barrel Strength batch 2

I liked that one a lot.  Especially as K&L had it on sale for $30! 

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

There is another local chain in Fort Wayne that is supposed to be getting these.

I got this in South Bend, IN at Belmont Beverage and they are also in Ft Wayne. You might want to call to see if they got it in. These weren’t on the shelf. I got the tip off from a friend and called and asked them to set one aside for me. 

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I got this in South Bend, IN at Belmont Beverage and they are also in Ft Wayne. You might want to call to see if they got it in. These weren’t on the shelf. I got the tip off from a friend and called and asked them to set one aside for me. 

Yeah, Belmont does a great job with private selections.  The other chain in Fort Wayne Cap 'n Cork does a great job as well.  

I'm so weak - picked another ECBP C917 yesterday but paid more here than in Texas  ($62.99 vs $43.99).  But I didn't have to ship it home, now did I?  Shut up and quit complain', Frank.     :lol:

Picked up a ECBP C917 and an EWSB 2010.

I've always enjoyed the Evan Williams single barrels for their price point. Until this one. This barrel was trash.

Took a drive to my favorite store as they just received two 4R private selects, And a JD SiB BP store pick that was allegedly fantastic. Unfortunately neither 4R was one of the recipes I am missing, but that didn’t store me from grabbing  a bottle of each.

Started chatting with the manager about BP whiskeys and how one of my favorites is ECBP which I get from them occasionally. He says “oh we have some of the C batch in if you want one” I immediately agreed and he then looked thoughtful for a second and said “actually if you  want a case (3 bottles)  I can do that.”   

$125 plus tax for a sealed case of ECBP

Be still my heart. 

Expensive trip, but I wasn’t walking away from any of those bottles!  Back to buying freeze. 

80B3B9CD-549D-4175-B8AF-9B2EF847C5A9.jpeg

• I like it 10

Took a drive to my favorite store as they just received two 4R private selects, And a JD SiB BP store pick that was allegedly fantastic. Unfortunately neither 4R was one of the recipes I am missing, but that didn’t store me from grabbing  a bottle of each.

Started chatting with the manager about BP whiskeys and how one of my favorites is ECBP which I get from them occasionally. He says “oh we have some of the C batch in if you want one” I immediately agreed and he then looked thoughtful for a second and said “actually if you  want a case (3 bottles)  I can do that.”   

Be still my heart. 

Expensive trip, but I wasn’t walking away from any of those bottles!  Back to buying freeze. 

80B3B9CD-549D-4175-B8AF-9B2EF847C5A9.thumb.jpeg.31810fed005c8218afe5684212499636.jpeg

Wow, that’ll only buy about 2 bottles of ECBP in my area, and that’s only at a few stores that don’t premium price it by at least 10-20%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

The Cap N Cork in Fort Wayne are supposed to get these. Have you tried it yet? Please review when you do 

Wasn't looking to buy anything but WTH, it is one of my favorite midprice pours and it was too good a deal to pass up, so I grabbed it.

20180413_235909.jpg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

The Cap N Cork in Fort Wayne are supposed to get these. Have you tried it yet? Please review when you do 

Just had a pour. It was fantastic. Grab one if you can.  

2 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

Just had a pour. It was fantastic. Grab one if you can.  

How would you compare to regular? What is different ? Store barrel picks have usually, but not always impressed me. 

8 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Be still my heart. 

80B3B9CD-549D-4175-B8AF-9B2EF847C5A9.jpeg

Magnificent!!! Bravissimo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.