What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 5/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, VAGentleman said:

In Virginia you can go into an ABC store and special order pretty much anything.  Thats not to say they can always get it but they will try.  Sometimes you have to order a case.  I've done this with Old Ezra 107 before

Each store has a special order book with the items that are available for order. They don't special order commonly available whiskeys like JB and conversely you can't go in and special order things like PVW or Wellers. There was a poster (Jazz_June, apologies for getting that wrong) who told me he special ordered VOB BIB from the store in Vienna and they had some extras for sale.  I mad a beeline there and got a bottle and asked about the special order process. The manager gave me the book and when leafing thru it I couldn't find VOB BIB listed. ????

Wasn’t looking to pick up a bottle since I have one bunkered, but in AZ this is a better than avg price and decided pick it up
IMG_8342.JPG

4 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Wasn’t looking to pick up a bottle since I have one bunkered, but in AZ this is a better than avg price and decided pick it up
IMG_8342.JPG

Wow..Ritt is over $30?? Its low $20s here. On sale it usually hits $19.99.  I think $45-$55 is about where Pikesville usually lives.

Wow..Ritt is over $30?? Its low $20s here. On sale it usually hits $19.99.  I think $45-$55 is about where Pikesville usually lives.

Yup, Pikesville is $60+ in the Phx area

2 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Pikesville is $60/$65 (depending on store) and Ritt is $32 everywhere here...

13 hours ago, PaulO said:

I can't quite read the top labels.  Are those WFEs the newer ones distilled by Willett?

These are 6yr rye single barrels, 5yr bourbons (both of those are their distillate) and two different 14yrs which are obviously sourced whiskey.

11 hours ago, DCFan said:

Each store has a special order book with the items that are available for order. They don't special order commonly available whiskeys like JB and conversely you can't go in and special order things like PVW or Wellers. There was a poster (Jazz_June, apologies for getting that wrong) who told me he special ordered VOB BIB from the store in Vienna and they had some extras for sale.  I mad a beeline there and got a bottle and asked about the special order process. The manager gave me the book and when leafing thru it I couldn't find VOB BIB listed. ????

From the ABC website

If I don’t see a specific product, can I still order the product?

If a product is not listed in our product catalog, not available for ordering online or is not stocked in stores, please see your local store about placing a special order. Virginia ABC can usually obtain a product as long as it is carried by a U.S. distributor. For some products, you may be required to purchase a full case.

They can order anything even if not in the special order book.  You just have to find an ABC manager that will do the work.  I've done it for OE 7/101, VOB BIB, HH 6year BIB and Wild Turkey Rye 101

Edited by VAGentleman
update
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, Cigars&Bourbon said:

Got these today... $45 (total)

mg5vvsV.jpg

Are the C101 bottles glass or plastic? 

Intended on picking up the KC CS Rye's when I saw them in stock at one of my favorite stores, $58.99 to boot, $39 for 7ish year barrel proof MGP is something I am all over all day long and the Paul John was on clearance as well for $38, I'm a sucker for a good deal.

y4mtX7gJiAYeTYaAhZeSdHg8Nmgc2si15hFRmw1I

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Are the C101 bottles glass or plastic? 

Glass. OC8 is Louisville, so should be pre '2000 per my knowledge. They're not much but I'm happy to have them... Would love an OC10 at some point.

I have only had the Weller. Any opinions on the others? The Jeferesons is a wheater.

image.jpg

Edited by cdcdguy
  • I like it 1

17 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Intended on picking up the KC CS Rye's when I saw them in stock at one of my favorite stores, $58.99 to boot, $39 for 7ish year barrel proof MGP is something I am all over all day long and the Paul John was on clearance as well for $38, I'm a sucker for a good deal.

y4mtX7gJiAYeTYaAhZeSdHg8Nmgc2si15hFRmw1I

Nice haul, the KC rye CS seems like a winner, lots high praise about it. Enjoy! 

Will.

• I like it 1

Picked up a couple more John J Bowman Single Barrels, since I seem to run through it quickly and it was priced right. Also picked up a Blade and Bow to take yo the cabin this weekend because it is one of my brother-in-law’s favorites. Also picked up a Romberger’s, because I have heard good things about it. Never had it before, so it very well might be a shelf tu**.IMG_8120.JPG

Edited by NDN98
  • I like it 1

Stopped by my favorite LS tonight for the first time in three weeks, and they had been holding this for me. I had no idea they had gotten any in. 

A36E57A2-D94E-465A-A548-D1E995F8B37F.jpeg

• I like it 5

Same here. Pikesville is $90 here. Blah. I haven't tried it yet. I wonder if it's worth the pickup, I do like ryes

2 hours ago, reeko said:
On 5/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, Curtis Reed said:

Same here. Pikesville is $90 here. Blah. I haven't tried it yet. I wonder if it's worth the pickup, I do like ryes

Pikesville is one my favorite readily available ryes.  I might be a little spoiled since I can normally find it in the low $40s.  Availability might affect someone's price point but I don't believe I would pay more than $50.  Of course, if I have never seen it before and would like to try it, I would maybe go a little higher.

Picked up an EHT 4G, RY10, and a KCSB store pic 12 year this week.

• I like it 1

Pikesville is one my favorite readily available ryes.  I might be a little spoiled since I can normally find it in the low $40s.  Availability might affect someone's price point but I don't believe I would pay more than $50.  Of course, if I have never seen it before and would like to try it, I would maybe go a little higher.
Ya I agree. I would probably try it at least once to say that I tried it. I just hope that I hate it so I don't need to get more lol

14 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

1792 FP store pickIMG_8352.JPG

Very cool.  I've never seen a store pick Full Proof.  We see the store pick Single Barrels around here.  That are quite good in my experience.  Hope that one is too. 

• I like it 1

Very cool.  I've never seen a store pick Full Proof.  We see the store pick Single Barrels around here.  That are quite good in my experience.  Hope that one is too. 

I see more store pick Full Proof choices than any other 1792 variants in my area, and they are all usually very good...some are even fantastic.
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.