What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

So would this be batch 10 (126.4 pf)??  After seeing the third bottle within 20 minutes and three stops, I figured it was karma and really shouldn't pass it up.  

20180514_204733.jpg

yup, looks like that is #10. Let us know how it is. I still have to open my #8 and #9. 

8 hours ago, Achair34 said:

I’m looking forward to giving it a try. This bottle was $55

Forget what i said, great price, you'll enjoy it for sure. 

Will. 

2 bottles of Wild Turkey 8yo for the bunker. 35 bucks a bottle. 

Will. 

• I like it 1

Mail call!

Traded a RRsib and some samples for ‘Noe Hard Times’ and some samples. 

58D372F8-B37D-4AFC-BCD2-B86EF57C8D96.jpeg

• I like it 1

Picked up 3 bottles of ECBP in my travels in NC. One was the A118 batch as a backup, and two were the new batch, which must have been just released, B518. It is 133.4 proof and still listed as 12 year age stated. I was surprised to see these so early in NC of all places. They have it even worse than VA when it comes to selection and timely releases in the state-run ABC stores.

I talked myself (and my poor wallet... barely...) into a bottle (lovely decanter!) of the Old Fitz 11-year BIB.     ...And saw the recent ECBP (A-118) as well, so grabbed that, too.

• I like it 3

33 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Another pick from my fav LS GCM LiquorsIMG_8365.JPG

I'm flying to Phoenix tomorrow and a coincidence that I called that store on Monday to see if they have any Single Barrel Selects and they told me that they expected this later in the week and have a 1792. Looks like it came in. What was the cost?

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, Cigars&Bourbon said:

I'm flying to Phoenix tomorrow and a coincidence that I called that store on Monday to see if they have any Single Barrel Selects and they told me that they expected this later in the week and have a 1792. Looks like it came in. What was the cost?

$69.99. limit of two

• I like it 1

These are the store picks i’ve picked up there recentlyIMG_8367.JPG

12 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Damn - that's the most private picks I've ever seen from one place at one time.  I wish I had a store like that near me.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I talked myself (and my poor wallet... barely...) into a bottle (lovely decanter!) of the Old Fitz 11-year BIB.     ...And saw the recent ECBP (A-118) as well, so grabbed that, too.

What’s MSRP?

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Got the call earlier today that my bottle was ready for pickup. Will see if my Dad can grab it in the morning and will let you know what I paid.

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I talked myself (and my poor wallet... barely...) into a bottle (lovely decanter!) of the Old Fitz 11-year BIB.   

Not getting the best reviews. But that decanter is awesome though!

6 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

What’s MSRP?

MSRP = manufacturers suggested retail price.

8 hours ago, silverc said:

Picked up 3 bottles of ECBP in my travels in NC. One was the A118 batch as a backup, and two were the new batch, which must have been just released, B518. It is 133.4 proof and still listed as 12 year age stated. I was surprised to see these so early in NC of all places. They have it even worse than VA when it comes to selection and timely releases in the state-run ABC stores.

I saw 8 of them in the Asheboro ABC a few weeks back.  Not sure why they are so many up there. 

9 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

What’s MSRP?

I don't know.    I couldn't look!    If I had, I'd have likely quaked, cratered and walked out.  HA!    I paid $180 with tax for both.

11 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Nice! Do you know of any local places that may have RR selections? 

Nice! Do you know of any local places that may have RR selections? 

The TW in Queen Creek had them last weekend when I was there.

Either Sazerac or RNDC (their distributor here in Ohio) screwed up my clubs barrel pick and sent us 192 standard Weller Antiques, so while they work on tracking down where our barrel went, I consoled myself with a bottle of ETL.  I haven't seen ETL in Ohio for almost 2 years so I was happy to pick it up, even thought I'm not a fan of it personally, I have friends who are so they'll be happy to see it back on my shelf when they visit.

I picked up a bottle of Bowman Bros. Small Batch yesterday. It has become scarce in NC. I had it early in my bourbon journey and didn't care for it. Thought I'd see if with a more developed palate, I might've been wrong. On second try, still not impressed...

9 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I saw 8 of them in the Asheboro ABC a few weeks back.  Not sure why they are so many up there. 

I think there is more of this stuff in NC that many ABC boards let on.  They all have a different way of distribution.  Some put it on the shelf and first come first served.  Some hide it behind the counter and you have to ask.  Some just sell it to their buddies.  It's like putting together a puzzle to find stuff in NC, but it's out there.

• I like it 1

Got some twins in the mail today. Oak on oak on oak on oak. Is this overoaked? Probably. I love oak though so it's rather nice. I need to do a SBSBS with Barterhouse and the 23 I have open.

image_(1).png

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.