What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Straight to the freezer.... Thanks to all you guys.

Now I wait.

IMAG3390.jpg

IMAG3391.jpg

I am new to drinking bourbon. Why do you freeze this?

^ I put BIB bourbon in the fridge OGD, EW, HH, etc.

I do this because it’s hot and I don’t like ice in my bourbon.

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, Paddy said:

It's from the 4th floor of warehouse K.  Eddie let them sample all they wanted, which ended up being 13 barrels before they settled on this one. 

He also let them sample a 'dead' barrel of rye that seems to be a family fav ('dead', meaning it'll never be bottled).  He made them swear not to tell (Jimmy) on him!  This barrel will likely last a few years, but only going out only by the flask full.:D   

I'm sure sorry I wasn't there, because both guys doing the pick told me it's the best rye they've ever tasted.   

Wow! Great story and I have NO doubts that it was 'that good.' Haven't came across any K's in my travels yet. I will be on the lookout.

4 hours ago, mrpipster said:

I've heard on numerous occasions that it is a summertime delicacy.

5 hours ago, 0895 said:

Straight to the freezer.... Thanks to all you guys.

Now I wait.

IMAG3390.jpg

$12.99 for 4RYL?  Geeze that's cheap.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:03 PM, Paddy said:

It's from the 4th floor of warehouse K.  Eddie let them sample all they wanted, which ended up being 13 barrels before they settled on this one. 

He also let them sample a 'dead' barrel of rye that seems to be a family fav ('dead', meaning it'll never be bottled).  He made them swear not to tell (Jimmy) on him!  This barrel will likely last a few years, but only going out only by the flask full.:D   

I'm sure sorry I wasn't there, because both guys doing the pick told me it's the best rye they've ever tasted.   

I’ve tasted out of that barrel. I can confirm hoe good it is. 

We also snagged a RR Rye pick and its great. I make sure to go slow with those bottles. 

12 hours ago, mrpipster said:

Ice cold bourbon on a hot day without it getting watered down. 

New member of the family. OESV. 106.6 pf, ten years plus, Al Young and Brent Elliott helped select the barrel. Can I get a hallelujah from the cult?

B5A64318-79CE-4453-A9ED-72FEAD14A190.jpeg

• I like it 6

3 hours ago, Charlutz said:

New member of the family. OESV. 106.6 pf, ten years plus, Al Young and Brent Elliott helped select the barrel. Can I get a hallelujah from the cult?

Yes you can.  Nice pickup.

13 hours ago, Charlutz said:

You certainly can. I love the roses in the background. I was a huge fan of that Pearsons 10 year OBSK too. 

On 5/25/2018 at 5:52 AM, dcbt said:

One of the signed Bruce Russell ones?  I grabbed one of those as well a few weeks ago  Apparently the distributor made the owner raise his prices on them since then, though.

Yep.  Got one of the signed bottles.  Didn't realize it until I got home.  

ECBP B518 has landed. I missed A118, so hopefully it's as good as those reviews. Has anyone tried B518 yet?IMG_20180529_160040329_HDR.jpeg

• I like it 1

Just did a SBS of B518 and a C917 thats been open since October. C917 is miles ahead in every category, especially the finish. I get a nuttiness on the C917 that's reminiscent of a great Henry McKenna at barrel proof. The B518 is just a straight vanilla, red hots and caramel with a slightly bitter/funky aftertaste. I'll revisit in a few weeks after its had more time in the bottle.

Today was a very good day on the bourbon hunt. I managed to get the following: 1 Old Fitz 11yrBIB, 1 Stagg Jr, 1 Weller 12 and 2 bottles of ECBP A118. Only bad thing is it took 3 different stores in 3 different states to accomplish this. I guess there are worse things that could happen while you are at work!

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, elmossle said:

Today was a very good day on the bourbon hunt. I managed to get the following: 1 Old Fitz 11yrBIB, 1 Stagg Jr, 1 Weller 12 and 2 bottles of ECBP A118. Only bad thing is it took 3 different stores in 3 different states to accomplish this. I guess there are worse things that could happen while you are at work!

3 different stores in 3 different states may sound like a lot of driving to all y'all out west, but it's really not that bad.  If the USA was settled from west to east (instead of vice versa), New England would have been one (1) state instead of six (6) (heh, heh).

23 hours ago, newmennium said:

ECBP B518 has landed. I missed A118, so hopefully it's as good as those reviews. Has anyone tried B518 yet?IMG_20180529_160040329_HDR.jpeg

I saw one at BevMo here in Northern California.  Balked at the price.  

IMG_2013.jpg

• I like it 1

I did however, pick up this 1792 Full Strength.  Best price I've seen in my neck of the woods.  Ledger's Liquor in Berkeley.  

IMG_2017.jpg

Its at bit high, but that's the one to overpay for. And around here those never make it to the shelf. You have to ask for it, or it's locked up in a glass case.

I saw one at BevMo here in Northern California.  Balked at the price.  

IMG_2013.thumb.jpg.04188e8c69fe81621ba37b49d308ca2f.jpg

40 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

ECBP B518 has landed. I missed A118, so hopefully it's as good as those reviews. Has anyone tried B518 yet?

Here's a review.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bourbon/comments/8lxi54/elijah_craig_barrel_proof_b518/

Willing to say where you found the B518?  I've seen nothing but C917 in the Bay Area since last fall.

Excited to try the Big Level. Added another OWA to the bunker. 

image.jpg

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Excited to try the Big Level. Added another OWA to the bunker. 

image.jpg

Anxious to hear you thoughts on the Smooth Ambler.

• I like it 1

Added a backup 1792 High Rye to the mini bunker, to keep good company with some other backed-up 1792's.

20180530_163825.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.