What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well the panel gave me the "probably worth a try" go ahead. Of course, I need very little goading.

I will open tonight as to make sure "a stash is needed before depleted"... Hey that should be a bumper sticker!!!

sabl.thumb.jpg.1fa60401fae6a1804573e10c5b52c911.jpg

• I like it 3

Well the panel gave me the "probably worth a try" go ahead. Of course, I need very little goading.
I will open tonight as to make sure "a stash is needed before depleted"... Hey that should be a bumper sticker!!!
IMG_8392.JPG
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

IMG_8392.JPG

Dude that cracked me up. I had to log back in to give you props... Print Em'!!!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Never seen that one before. Let us know how it is.

My good luck continued today with a Wild Turkey Masters Keep Decades for $75 after taxes.  

• I like it 5

My good luck continued today with a Wild Turkey Masters Keep Decades for $75 after taxes.  

Wow! That's half price! They must have been clearing it out at a loss. I would have bought several at that price if they had more than one.

56 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Wow! That's half price! They must have been clearing it out at a loss. I would have bought several at that price if they had more than one.

Yeah.  They are definitely trying to unload them.  They still had some of the Master Keep 17 around too.  I'm planning on trying it in the next day or two and if I like it I'll go pick some more up.  

Picked up a spare bottle of CEHT Small Batch.  Very glad I can find this nearby at $39.99.

I picked one up today thanks to an SBr for a heads up they were in town. Had to ask for it. They brought it out from in back. $54.99 + tax. Batch 4 and bottled by Sarah.

20180523_165336-1612x1209.jpg

• I like it 1

On 5/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, lcpfratn said:

I think you'll like that one. I've got a bottle open, and liked it enough that I'm looking for a second bottle.

Passed on a bottle of Blood Oath Pact 4 today for $75 I think. I havent liked any of the previous batches enough to take a shot.

25 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Passed on a bottle of Blood Oath Pact 4 today for $75 I think. I havent liked any of the previous batches enough to take a shot.

You mean somebody has actually tried the previous 3 batches ?  :D

Found a Stagg Jr. batch 6 (132.5p) today. I couldn't leave it. $50

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

You mean somebody has actually tried the previous 3 batches ?  :D

Lol..well I've tried 1 and 2. Admit I didn't try 3. I should have qualified it with any of the previous batches I've TRIED.

I would have been all over that for $75. I haven't tried the previous batches due to mediocre reviews on the first batches, although I've actually read some favorable comments about Pact 3. I wouldn't have bought Pact 4 without tasting either, but all of us that went on the Lux Row tour during Sampler 2018 got to taste it. I liked it enough then that I bought a bottle in the gift shop...some others did too. Now that I've come home and spent a bit more time with it, I wish I had bought another bottle. So, it's on my buy list now for at least one more bottle.

Having your daughter in the same daycare class of the son of the state rep for Wild Turkey has its perks. Bottle from a barrel that will not be for sale. 

Aside, any one visiting Columbia, SC   Motor supply is a must. My first meal there was in the fall of ‘99 as a freshman in college. Have yet to have a bad one. 

79F5B128-9C73-41FC-942E-84C3774EF90A.jpeg

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Distributor in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is trying to unload these and selling them to stores at a discount.  I have seen it anywhere between $69-89 lately at most stores.

Edited by NDN98
  • I like it 1

14 hours ago, Clueby said:

I picked one up today thanks to an SBr for a heads up they were in town. Had to ask for it. They brought it out from in back. $54.99 + tax. Batch 4 and bottled by Sarah.

Never seen that one before.

10 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Having your daughter in the same daycare class of the son of the state rep for Wild Turkey has its perks. Bottle from a barrel that will not be for sale. 

Aside, any one visiting Columbia, SC   Motor supply is a must. My first meal there was in the fall of ‘99 as a freshman in college. Have yet to have a bad one. 

79F5B128-9C73-41FC-942E-84C3774EF90A.jpeg

I visit Columbia fairly regularly and have never heard of Motor Supply. Of course, Rush's is more my speed. :lol: Nice bottle!

Over my travel kit quota-- but I should be able to wedge this stubby bottle in somewhere. The Rhetoric series never show up on the local shelves, especially at MSRP-- so I grabbed it.

IMG_9376.thumb.jpg.70364602f0ba5638b868edd47ce16719.jpg

• I like it 2

Over my travel kit quota-- but I should be able to wedge this stubby bottle in somewhere. The Rhetoric series never show up on the local shelves, especially at MSRP-- so I grabbed it.

IMG_9376.thumb.jpg.70364602f0ba5638b868edd47ce16719.jpg

I never see them in my area either.

17 hours ago, Clueby said:

I tried to review it but it was so different than I expected that I think, me and the bourbon were both confused. I'll give it some time before re-entry...

I got to sample the OBSQ before purchasing it. I'm pretty excited to have it on my shelf. The 4RYL got immediately put in the freezer. I can put a dent in a bottle of that really fast when mixing it with Simply Lemonade and a little Cherry Heering. That's a great summertime cocktail. 

20180524_150455.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I got to sample the OBSQ before purchasing it. I'm pretty excited to have it on my shelf. The 4RYL got immediately put in the freezer. I can put a dent in a bottle of that really fast when mixing it with Simply Lemonade and a little Cherry Heering. That's a great summertime cocktail. 

20180524_150455.jpg

Hmmmm.  Sounds like something I probably would like, whammie.  What is your ratio on that lemonade cocktail?  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.