What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 x Basil Hayden @ $25 ea., KC 2001 @ $90 OTD.  I'm so weak . . . . . . .

3 x Basil Hayden @ $25 ea., KC 2001 @ $90 OTD.  I'm so weak . . . . . . .

I’m curious about the wormhole to 2003 pricing that you seem to find. Weird space time continuum up north there Gee

19 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I’m curious about the wormhole to 2003 pricing that you seem to find. Weird space time continuum up north there Gee

Ha ha - right place right time.  The KC 2001 was a buy at $90, not $120, tho'!  Also have access to Loch & K(e)y KC Rye SiB @ $55, too.  No time travel needed for that one (heh, heh).

On 5/17/2018 at 6:14 AM, Mako254 said:

I saw 8 of them in the Asheboro ABC a few weeks back.  Not sure why they are so many up there. 

ECBP seems to sit on the shelf in NC for a while (at least in my area). Not sure why.

5 hours ago, BDanner said:

ECBP seems to sit on the shelf in NC for a while (at least in my area). Not sure why.

It doesn't MAKE it to the shelf here.

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I know...it's weird. It mocks me and calls to me from the shelf every time I go in. "Heeeere I aaaaaammmm. You don't need a bourbon budget. The woman to whom you are related by marriage will never know. Buy Meeeeeeeee".

15 minutes ago, BDanner said:

I know...it's weird. It mocks me and calls to me from the shelf every time I go in. "Heeeere I aaaaaammmm. You don't need a bourbon budget. The woman to whom you are related by marriage will never know. Buy Meeeeeeeee".

So you hear voices from bourbon bottles, yes?  I think I see some men in little white coats coming to take you away, ha, ha!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

So you hear voices from bourbon bottles, yes?  I think I see some men in little white coats coming to take you away, ha, ha!

Perhaps he needn't be too concerned yet, unless he is also imagining bartenders serving him that bourbon...

134320.jpg

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

We'll OWA doesn't make it to the shelf here. On a shipment Thursday yesterday at a Chatham County ABC store there were 15 people lined up to see what came in. A few bottles of OWA were snapped up in a few seconds. If anyone's thinking the bourbon boom is over, well NC is a total nuthouse. I will say multiple bottles of ECBP on the shelf, but hey it's not BT juice so why would anyone want it?

On 5/16/2018 at 9:20 PM, silverc said:

Picked up 3 bottles of ECBP in my travels in NC. One was the A118 batch as a backup, and two were the new batch, which must have been just released, B518. It is 133.4 proof and still listed as 12 year age stated. I was surprised to see these so early in NC of all places. They have it even worse than VA when it comes to selection and timely releases in the state-run ABC stores.

I would actually say we have it pretty good as long as the only BT product you ever care to drink is ER.

So would this be batch 10 (126.4 pf)??  After seeing the third bottle within 20 minutes and three stops, I figured it was karma and really shouldn't pass it up.  

20180514_204733.thumb.jpg.76ca2fdd8f7d5fcf52a006434b14f954.jpg
Let me know how you like it. I'm really enjoying batch 9 at the moment. I enjoyed it so much I decided to buy 2 more today to celebrate the long weekend :)IMG_20180518_171513.jpeg
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, tarheel said:

We'll OWA doesn't make it to the shelf here. On a shipment Thursday yesterday at a Chatham County ABC store there were 15 people lined up to see what came in. A few bottles of OWA were snapped up in a few seconds. If anyone's thinking the bourbon boom is over, well NC is a total nuthouse. I will say multiple bottles of ECBP on the shelf, but hey it's not BT juice so why would anyone want it?

OWA doesn't make it to the shelf here either..unless you want to pay $100. We get tons of regular BT here. Occasional ER10. Very occasional Stagg Jr. and CEHT.  Agree with the other post..the boom ain't over.

Happy hunting today - I found VOB BIB and my first Old Overholt BIB.  The VOB BIB is a favorite, but not always easy to find.  The lower proof versions all over the place.  I'll do a review on the OO BIB in the rye section.

3 hours ago, tarheel said:

You just have to know the right boards and right people tarheel. I have my little honey board that I can get OWA anytime it is delivered. I am very thankful this board takes such good care of me!! I would be lost in my bourbon journeys without them!

Wandered into my local Chicago corner store and sitting on the counter was an EHT 4 grain and Old Fitz BiB...$79 for the EHT and $129 for the Old Fitz. The reviews didn’t wow me but I didn’t feel bad buying both. Opened the 4 grain tonight - it’s a “big” spirit...oily, got a lot going on. I like it but don’t love it. Old Fitz will be opened tomorrow

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, elmossle said:

You just have to know the right boards and right people tarheel. I have my little honey board that I can get OWA anytime it is delivered. I am very thankful this board takes such good care of me!! I would be lost in my bourbon journeys without them!

I don't understand your "nanny  nanny  nah  nah, I got connections and you got squat" attitude when Tarheel (as I do) lives in a control state when you're in freewheeling NH where free enterprise in alcohol sales reigns. Imagine having to buy your booze from the DMV, that's about what it's like at the ABC stores.

I remember with fondness on a drive up to Lake Winnipesaukee, NH about 10 years ago and seeing an exit ramp off of I-95 going right into the parking lot of a liquor store.  And that LS was the only establishment that exit ramp fed into.  Talk about having connections with the highway department. 

7 hours ago, elmossle said:

Nah, I wasn't complaining about the OWA supply in NC as much as using it as an anecdote for how crazy things are down here. I started drinking bourbon back when the shelves were full of OWA out here and I could get the whole BTAC by emailing the Wake County ABC board and asking what they had. Now it's all lottery. There is simply too much good stuff right on the shelf to get involved in the chase. Honestly, I don't have a problem with the people waiting outside the store on a random Thursday because eventually that's going to lead to more bourbon for all of us. Personally, I like a bunch of distillers just as much as BT so I'm plenty happy. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, tarheel said:

There is simply too much good stuff right on the shelf to get involved in the chase. 

Which is where I’m at as well. Dreaming and chasing was fun but I came to this reality and I’m perfectly content with OGD BIB, VOB BIB, ER and Blantons when available.

• I like it 1

Bulleit rye and a shorty of Whistle Pig 10-year rye, to see if it's worthy of the hype.    It's pretty good but, as far as rye's go for the money, I think I'll  stick to Bulleit and Rittenhouse 

18 hours ago, tarheel said:

I would actually say we have it pretty good as long as the only BT product you ever care to drink is ER.

...Don't forget about Benchmark and Ancient Age! (sarcasm intended).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.