What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Added these new bottles to the collection thanks to a new bourbon buddy. Had me feeling like a little boy on Christmas morning.

20180613_162551.jpg

• I like it 9

3 minutes ago, Jfletchgu said:

Added these new bottles to the collection thanks to a new bourbon buddy. Had me feeling like a little boy on Christmas morning.

20180613_162551.jpg

That's not from a bourbon buddy, you've been blessed by a Bourbon Angel...

7 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

That's not from a bourbon buddy, you've been blessed by a Bourbon Angel...

I would have to agree..they know who they are...????

Edited by Jfletchgu

I'm thinking I'm one of the few (or 1??) that's been buying 1792HR  from the only shop I've ever seen it at.  Grabbed one, then went back 'cause I felt bad leaving the last one all alone on the shelf...   That's a total of 4 over the past 1.5 months, so methinks I'm set for a little while...

Also grabbed a MM46 for $25 on sale.

20180530_163825.jpg

Swapped a W12 for this with a coworker who  hasn't had any luck finding it. Hoping this is good..

.enhance

• I like it 3

Over the weekend i realized that Binnys got in not 1 but 4 or 5 different KCSB pics over 14 yrs. So picked up a different barrel today. May try to get find yet another barrel by friday. Holy moly, a 14+ yr almost cask strength for 39.99...

Edited by Whiskeythink.com
  • I like it 3

20 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Swapped a W12 for this with a coworker who  hasn't had any luck finding it. Hoping this is good..

.enhance

It was bottled on my Birthday so I'm sure it will be fantastic.

• I like it 2

I bought a bottle of Noah's Mill and ECBP today. Very excited to open at least one of them for Father's Day.

Chased a bum lead on W12 (inventory system showed 5 in stock) at a place that doesn't normally have it. Fortunately the lead generator is my wife's cousin that found me some RY10.

Anyone know which release year this is? IMG_20180613_214633.thumb.jpeg.59554a0a2f9a2253a775b86573e37cbe.jpeg

Nice that the LRP pick has somewhat of an age statement-- although the months aren't specified…

IMG_9592.thumb.JPG.aa9778fcfb720738aa4db455845372b0.JPG

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

I'm thinking I'm one of the few (or 1??) that's been buying 1792HR  from the only shop I've ever seen it at.  Grabbed one, then went back 'cause I felt bad leaving the last one all alone on the shelf...   That's a total of 4 over the past 1.5 months, so methinks I'm set for a little while...

Also grabbed a MM46 for $25 on sale.

20180530_163825.jpg

I see that batch 9 Stagg Jr trying to hide on the shelf above the 1792.  If the price was acceptable that one would be accompanying me out the door.  I have not tried the High Rye 1792 yet.

47 minutes ago, mattbta said:

Chased a bum lead on W12 (inventory system showed 5 in stock) at a place that doesn't normally have it. Fortunately the lead generator is my wife's cousin that found me some RY10.

Anyone know which release year this is? IMG_20180613_214633.thumb.jpeg.59554a0a2f9a2253a775b86573e37cbe.jpeg

That's the 2016 release.

11 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

I see that batch 9 Stagg Jr trying to hide on the shelf above the 1792.  If the price was acceptable that one would be accompanying me out the door.  I have not tried the High Rye 1792 yet.

I'm guessing that's powderkeg's stash since there's a GTS (I'm 92% sure) beside the Jr. 

18 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

D6F200AD-97B2-4D3D-AF29-BD8EA5BF36BE.thumb.jpeg.3568706285912fb8a93359b3db929567.jpeg

Freshly delivered.

Will.

Was it a trade or did you buy it online? If it was a trade, would you mind telling what you traded for it? Thanks

2 hours ago, Surtur said:

Was it a trade or did you buy it online? If it was a trade, would you mind telling what you traded for it? Thanks

I didn't trade for tit, comes from an auction in the UK. 

Will.

12 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm guessing that's powderkeg's stash since there's a GTS (I'm 92% sure) beside the Jr. 

Yup, that's part of the stash - no GTS unfortunately, but a 6 & a 7 to keep the 9 company.  The 10 is off partying in the the bigger cabinet with ETL, RHF, a few Orphans, numerous 1792 cousins, and a whole passel of others...

14 hours ago, mattbta said:

Let us know how it is. Lotsa variation by barrel. I have a 2018, but havent opened it yet.

17 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

It was bottled on my Birthday so I'm sure it will be fantastic.

We have the same birthday.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, mattbta said:

Amending my above comment to reflect that I've heard from a reliable source that there's a 2018 release with that "aged since" date and that the bourbon inside is 11yrs old.

• I like it 1

Amending my above comment to reflect that I've heard from a reliable source that there's a 2018 release with that "aged since" date and that the bourbon inside is 11yrs old.

Interesting that new RYSB is 11yr. This means it’s the same age the new Old Fitz BIB in the fancy decanter bottle but is less than half the price for what’s likely the same thing. Hopefully HH kept the good barrels for there own bottling.

Impulse buy and a little high (plus the shipping) but I haven’t had a bad B yet. 

9 year old Warehouse B, 6th floor. 

7524BC5C-B264-48FB-A97A-D57D612AA1B2.jpeg

Well it actually isn't bourbon but some of you don't make it over to the rye section very often so I thought I would post it here too.  Had a pour of this last night at a restaurant and absolutely loved it.  They had some at the gift shop today so I picked up a few.

Resized_20180614_161706_3676.jpg

It's cask strength KC Rye from Rickhouse A, which is one of the Frankfort warehouses, built in 1914.  Bottled at 119.6 proof.  They said there are a few bottles out in stores but when it's gone, it's gone.

• I like it 2

25 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Well it actually isn't bourbon but some of you don't make it over to the rye section very often so I thought I would post it here too.  Had a pour of this last night at a restaurant and absolutely loved it.  They had some at the gift shop today so I picked up a few.

Resized_20180614_161706_3676.jpg

It's cask strength KC Rye from Rickhouse A, which is one of the Frankfort warehouses, built in 1914.  Bottled at 119.6 proof.  They said there are a few bottles out in stores but when it's gone, it's gone.

There is a whole thread on this at: 

Their comment that there are "a few bottles" out there seems odd.  This is the same as the (mostly?) national release of a new product, correct?  Hadn't heard that this would be a one-off release.  The entire first batch was released at 119.6 proof.  Someone in the linked thread made an assumption that if this batch is roughly the same size as a Booker's batch at 350 barrels then there would be about 65,000 bottles of this floating around.  Hoping there are going to be subsequent batches of this released.  One of our local stores had a ton of it at $59.99.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.