What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I thought the burning chair was pretty good.  I would assume that's good as well.

Ford Fusion? 
[emoji6]

Yep. The car of all sales reps! Lol. I put on over 65k miles a year so I get a new one about every 14 months.

This bottle is great. Really great drinker. Also has to be the heaviest bottle of all time lol.
  • I like it 1

Smooth Ambler Big Level. I like wheaters, so hopefully the price of admission is worth it.IMG_20180608_201042.thumb.jpeg.b43b1523e4304b224a2eed2eb2e0e7bd.jpeg

I have a bottle on the way. How was it?

Might have overpaid. $57.88 + tax @ specs. We shall see. I agree, with Weller 12 fairly easy to come by at $24, it's gonna have to be great juice.

WHAT!!?!? Where are you find W12 easily? I haven’t seen one in the wild I’m almost 2 years here in east tn

I have a bottle on the way. How was it?
Saving it for a wheat tasting night with some extended family. Got that, RY10, OWA, W12 and some larceny for it. You'll probably get yours before we get together. Let me know your thoughts.

Saving it for a wheat tasting night with some extended family. Got that, RY10, OWA, W12 and some larceny for it. You'll probably get yours before we get together. Let me know your thoughts.

Will do. Big fan of SA. How they don’t let me down.

Ohio picked 8 barrels of Russell's reserve and my local liquor was able to get one of the barrels.  Glad the wife and I played hookie from work. No way there would have been any left by the time  I got off work. They had a two bottle limit so got one for me and a coworker.IMG_0242.thumb.JPG.9343307506689d6a657eda9587ef9c9f.JPG

Picked up an ETL today for the first time in 3 years.  I knew it had been awhile since I'd seen it in a store but was surprised it had been THAT long (after consulting my trusty spreadsheet, almost three years to the day, 6/19/15).

• I like it 3

Anyone know anything about Bomberger’s 2018 release?

Impulse buy the other day (along with a Weller 12).

Went looking for another KCSB 14+ yr pic. Didnt have the one I was looking for, but did have obe I didnt already have. So I now have 3 of the Binnys 14+ yr barrels. Perhaps I need to look harder for the rest. Also, after talking awhile with the person working the aisle, she brought me out an ETL. Didnt need it, but I have trouble turning down an ETL at a decent price.

Grabbed an ETL today, and found this deal............so a bought 3 ryes too - makes my favorite Manhattan.

IMG_0151.jpg

• I like it 5

Grabbed an ETL today, and found this deal............so a bought 3 ryes too - makes my favorite Manhattan.
IMG_0151.thumb.jpg.9aaeef30ba31b19995ee22caf0007cb2.jpg

Wow! That’s almost 50% off the regular price of Pikesville in my area.
  • I like it 1

18 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah - I couldn't pass that up.

3 hours ago, uncork_it_already said:

Anyone know anything about Bomberger’s 2018 release?

Impulse buy the other day (along with a Weller 12).

That’s from the current Michter’s. So it’s still NDP bottled juice from unknown provenance since Michter’s hasn’t been distilling long enough yet. I haven’t tried it personally so I can’t comment on how it tastes. Let us know what you think when you try it

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Agree, that's a sick price. Well done

I had a couple bottles I’ve been wanting for a while and found a price I felt comfortable with. 

$69.99 - IW 15

$29.99 - Bowman bros SB

$52.99 - WTKS

i thought they would look good in the collection. WTKS has been hard to find in MI and after hearing they are discontinuing the bottle I had to pick one up. BBSB has also been hard to find so thought I would try it again. Extremely smooth and unique. Has one of the best noses.

7EFC0B60-C0D7-49E8-A2FB-E3034FC6FF57.jpeg

IMG_0151.thumb.jpg.9aaeef30ba31b19995ee22caf0007cb2.jpg

I’m usually not a “shelf clearer” but for that I would make an exception.
  • I like it 2

Thanks to kevinbrink for suggesting I stop at Bayway while driving from VA to NY for the US Open. They had a great price on Lagavulin 16, and a bottle of CEHT SmB that I plan to give to a friend. 

CFF59D42-68B5-4459-8F16-3C69E6033539.jpeg

2 hours ago, Skootch77 said:

Thanks to kevinbrink for suggesting I stop at Bayway while driving from VA to NY for the US Open. They had a great price on Lagavulin 16, and a bottle of CEHT SmB that I plan to give to a friend. 

CFF59D42-68B5-4459-8F16-3C69E6033539.jpeg

Is that a Preiss Imports era Springbank 10 in the middle?

Picked up a bottle of Knob Creek Small Batch for my collection.  I tend to prefer wheaters but was introduced to Knob Creek by an old friend and having a “snort” of Knob Creek reminds me of the times we sat and talked around campfires.  

Just ordered a bottle of Willett Pot Still.  

I am back after a 5 day odyssey through KY, IN, and TN. I saw a lot of cool stuff, visited a lot of distilleries, mostly the craft ones this time, and went to a lot of liquor stores. I spent way too much money but also got a lot of good stuff that should last me for a long, long time. Most of these are KCSB store picks and 4R store picks, but there are a few other pickups from distilleries, and a bunch of Armagnac.

There were a lot of different KCSB barrels available, most were around $43-45, but some were cheaper at around $37-40, and some were more expensive at $50-58. Liquor Barn jacked up the price on 4R SB CS bottles to $72, which is the same price as at the distillery, but I was able to get most of them for $55-65. I didn't see any real dusties, but did get an 8yr age stated Beam Black, and the venerable Old Crow Reserve in Indianapolis.

MGP cask strength stuff was few and far between. I found some Boone County 1833 Cask strength bottles at around $80 each, but no luck with OKI. I really like Belle Meade's single barrels, but the only non-finished one I could find was at the distillery. The Belle Meade cask strength Sherry and Madieria finished ones were found in Nashville, but I couldn't find any of the cognac finished. I'm not sure if those were ever done. The best price on anything I got was 50% off on a Copper and Kings single barrel cask strength brandy from Big Red Liquors. Only $30. Not too shabby.

IMG_4133.JPG

• I like it 6

Early Father's Day purchases for myself:

ECBP B518

FRPS OESK 10yr 3mo - this completes all five E recipe yeasts for me

MMCS 375ml - always wanted to try this, finally sprung for it

Really excited for all three of these.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Two different barrels. Both NCF. My first ever 1.75L store pick or otherwise!

FC2F1EFD-1811-4672-8119-B312845AE129.jpeg

Nice! I picked up the 750ml today too. And only after I jumped in the car did I realize I forgot to ask if they knew the barrel age, so thanks for the NCF heads-up. I did get their Eagle Rare 1.75 pick not long ago. I think that is my only 1.75 pick to date.

Edit: And now I see the big NCF on their sticker on my bottle. Must be the heat...

Edited by fanostra

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.