What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I snagged a liter of W12 for $30 at the total wine bourbon lottery today. The guy in line behind me bought a Whistlepig Dark Prince. Hopefully he's had it before and was blown away. Otherwise that's quite a gamble for $450. 

Might have overpaid. $57.88 + tax @ specs. We shall see. I agree, with Weller 12 fairly easy to come by at $24, it's gonna have to be great juice.

I was thinking more WSR as yeah I can find W12 easier than most but still not easy and I don’t think I’ve ever got it for less than $30 for a Fifth. $24 is a great deal.

5 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I snagged a liter of W12 for $30 at the total wine bourbon lottery today. The guy in line behind me bought a Whistlepig Dark Prince. Hopefully he's had it before and was blown away. Otherwise that's quite a gamble for $450. 

Was that in Chesterfield?

I wanted to go but just couldnt make it happen.

18 minutes ago, mrpipster said:

Was that in Chesterfield?

I wanted to go but just couldnt make it happen.

No, I went to Brentwood. They were handing out 300 tickets and 304 people showed up. It was a good time. 

Even if your number wasn't drawn you had a very good chance of scoring an OWA store pick. 

26 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

No, I went to Brentwood. They were handing out 300 tickets and 304 people showed up. It was a good time. 

Even if your number wasn't drawn you had a very good chance of scoring an OWA store pick. 

Cool. Maybe I will make the next one.

Surprised to come across this RR10 today...glad to complete the set.

enhance

enhance

• I like it 5

Bought a bottle of Virgin Bourbon 7yr 101 yesterday for a family event. Ive been digging it lately - dry, woody, tobacco & leather - not a sweet bourbon. None left tho, so it was enjoyed, especially mixed 1:1 with a milk jug's worth of draft root beer from Lou's Drive-In.

Also, Binny's got a bunch of KCSB pics in. Picked up 2 of the 14+ yr bottles.

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Bought a bottle of Virgin Bourbon 7yr 101 yesterday for a family event. Ive been digging it lately - dry, woody, tobacco & leather - not a sweet bourbon. None left tho, so it was enjoyed, especially mixed 1:1 with a milk jug's worth of draft root beer from Lou's Drive-In.

Also, Binny's got a bunch of KCSB pics in. Picked up 2 of the 14+ yr bottles.

I have looked everywhere for Virgin even in Kentucky with no luck. Now Old Ezra 7 has dried up.

On 5/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, graftonbc1 said:

That is a sweet haul.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:40 AM, vismatt said:

Picked up an Elmer T. Lee, Henry McKenna and a liter of Weller 12 for right at $100 after tax.  One of my better bourbon shopping days.  

High west high west son of bourye $38

Well having bought a few craft bottles recently (Big Level, St George Baller) I decided I should stop in at my local craft outfit, I like these guys and they make pretty solid Rums and Gin, but this was new this weekend and I had a great chat with the proprietors so I figured I would support them. 

y4mZM88WL_BPOobhrHaQsvDt0dfnI2JZGEEddJtK

Picked up a SAOS 10 year at 59.7%. May have overpaid by a few dollars but everyone here says they regret not buying more when they used to see it so I figured I didn't want to regret not buying the only one I've seen lately.

Road Trip!!!

Before leaving FL, I call a Harley's in Longview Tx right off of the Interstate & asked for the Weller Brothers. No 12, but I had them hold a pair of Antiques & they did, even though someone before my arrival bought the other 4 bottles & asked for more. I got to spend time with my Grandson, Daughter & Hubby, bought them a Garrison Bro Single Barrel (which I will mini review in specialties) & scored my first Weller Twins.

Good Road Trip...

weller107.thumb.jpg.4f4f3b7d1a854f4951461665c42bf9de.jpg

• I like it 5

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, cdcdguy said:

I have looked everywhere for Virgin even in Kentucky with no luck. Now Old Ezra 7 has dried up.

North Carolina is a good bet on the Virgin. I always get a couple bottles when I am over that way. I see it all over Western NC.

KCSB Binnys private barrel just over 14 years old.  I have really turned into a KCSB fan the last couple years, great value, and such great flavor.

• I like it 1

I am normally not a big fan of Beam products, but Knob Creek has really grown on me in the past 9 months and a bottle that I really enjoy revisiting on a regular basis.

Picked up a few tidbits at retail prices today...not all bourbon, but the most expensive one is. Opened a couple of them in the store and shared a taste with the store manager. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bfd5013f3ef8522d46a93fd8174c10cf.jpeg

• I like it 3

12 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Picked up a few tidbits at retail prices today...not all bourbon, but the most expensive one is. Opened a couple of them in the store and shared a taste with the store manager. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bfd5013f3ef8522d46a93fd8174c10cf.jpeg

I was able to try the KC cask strength rye this past weekend. I thought it was fantastic.

• I like it 1

I got one of the Ezra 12s awhile back, let me know what you think.  Haven't opened mine yet.

• I like it 1

Brand new bottle of Stagg Jr, 126.4 proof and $46, what's not to like?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

D6F200AD-97B2-4D3D-AF29-BD8EA5BF36BE.thumb.jpeg.3568706285912fb8a93359b3db929567.jpeg

Freshly delivered.

Will.

I got to try that this past weekend. It's a great addition to anyone's collection. 

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I got to try that this past weekend. It's a great addition to anyone's collection. 

Good to know, thank you for the heads up, it will be opened tonight, can't wait. Cheers! 

Will.

12 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

I got one of the Ezra 12s awhile back, let me know what you think.  Haven't opened mine yet.

It's been quite a while for me since I had it but my recollection is that it was right at my threshold for oak the last time.  A few years have gone by and my tastes are certainly different and given the nature of single barrels looking forward to seeing how it fares now. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.