What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's a review.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bourbon/comments/8lxi54/elijah_craig_barrel_proof_b518/

Willing to say where you found the B518?  I've seen nothing but C917 in the Bay Area since last fall.

That's my quote, not mickeydk. I found the B518 in the metro Atlanta area. Pretty sure (missed it) the A118 came through a month ago, so it was a bit late to party.

7 hours ago, mikeydk said:

I saw one at BevMo here in Northern California.  Balked at the price.  

IMG_2013.jpg

I would pass at those prices too. It makes me feel like I stole the 2 bottles I purchased yesterday ay $49.99 with that big of a price jump. I keep saying it, there is going to be a point where prices just get to be too high and I just start drinking from the bunker only and get just a special bottle here and there because it isn't worth what we would be paying.

Don't get me wrong, I think ECBP is some of the best juice on the market right now. Just not sure some of the releases are worth upwards of $75 a bottle. I haven't purchased a bottle of FRPS Single Barrel in a while because of price. Well...price, availability and the fact that most barrels being released keep getting younger and younger. Occasionally you will see one that is 9 to 10 years old but they are rare. I know we need to account for some inflation, but this market is beginning to bubble over price wise.

• I like it 1

Bunkered up on HM 10yr BIB. Had an opportunity to buy a case (2X6) for $25 a bottle and thought I might get out in front of a possible price increase? One of the few sub-$30 daily drinkers I never tire of. I would do the same if I could get OGD114 at $25 or better but not in my area. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

Bunkered up on HM 10yr BIB. Had an opportunity to buy a case (2X6) for $25 a bottle and thought I might get out in front of a possible price increase? One of the few sub-$30 daily drinkers I never tire of. I would do the same if I could get OGD114 at $25 or better but not in my area. 

Just saw OGD114 locally for $23 with no case discount. 

• I like it 2

My favorite LS held a bottle for me.  Now to put it into the soon to open line of bottles. 

800B8F73-78E8-40B2-9579-C6B7ED20AA5E.jpeg

• I like it 2

Stagg Jr Batch 10 (126.4 proof) landed in VA ABC this week, so I grabbed a bottle for the bunker. There were some Elmer T Lee that was released too. I wasn't able to find one, which isn't a big loss as I don't really like it much, but I hope those looking for it were able to find some.

• I like it 1

While walking through an LS on the SW side of KC, I found WT101 in 1.75L handles at $29.99 each. I haven't seen it that low in recent memory so I scarfed it up for therapeutic imbibing.

• I like it 1

Binnys got 5 different RR store pic barrels in, picked up one from the B warehouse.

21 hours ago, Radioyada said:

My favorite LS held a bottle for me.  Now to put it into the soon to open line of bottles. 

800B8F73-78E8-40B2-9579-C6B7ED20AA5E.jpeg

THAT^^^ is a great looking (and feeling) bottle, eh?    I will stand up say my experience with this LE was/is very positive.

I'm not sorry I 'overpaid' for it.    I do love that bottle, and the contents are quite nice as well (to my sniffer and taste buddies, at least). 

I find the 11-year Old Fitz BIB to be elegant, and very nicely chosen/mingled by Heaven Hill.   My hat is off to 'em (even if it's a challenge in the summer sun to my mostly hairless pate).

• I like it 2

THAT^^^ is a great looking (and feeling) bottle, eh?    I will stand up say my experience with this LE was/is very positive.
I'm not sorry I 'overpaid' for it.    I do love that bottle, and the contents are quite nice as well (to my sniffer and taste buddies, at least). 
I find the 11-year Old Fitz BIB to be elegant, and very nicely chosen/mingled by Heaven Hill.   My hat is off to 'em (even if it's a challenge in the summer sun to my mostly hairless pate).

I missed out on one of these at one of my favorite liquor stores a few days ago...got there a few minutes too late after the whiskey club email went out.

just another casual day like any other day... (both above msrp but well below secondary!)

DSC03907.JPG

Edited by FriendlyEdgar
  • I like it 5

4 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I missed out on one of these at one of my favorite liquor stores a few days ago...got there a few minutes too late after the whiskey club email went out.

Bummer!     I hate when that happens.

3 hours ago, FriendlyEdgar said:

just another casual day like any other day... (both above msrp but well below secondary!)

DSC03907.JPG

Very nice haul!

10 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Binnys got 5 different RR store pic barrels in, picked up one from the B warehouse.

The Binny’s K barrel is fantastic. Almost through the first bottle. Picked up another and two different Warehouse Liquors picks yesterday. 

Anyone visiting Chicago check them out at 600 S Wabash. A bit pricey, but its downtown and they always have several store picks on the shelf and often some OWA picks in the back that you can snag if you are already buying and play your cards right. 

B47FAF16-D759-4E3A-BFE1-E090098482D5.jpeg

• I like it 2

Pick up a few bottles and was kind of excited about this new barrel pick. It's probably GD mixed with MGP and then barreled? Goes to show how tough it's becoming for non-distillers to find good juice to put their label on.

IMG_1062.thumb.JPG.b0704d71c9225f4a909f3085e46fd6d9.JPG

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

The Binny’s K barrel is fantastic. Almost through the first bottle. Picked up another and two different Warehouse Liquors picks yesterday. 

Anyone visiting Chicago check them out at 600 S Wabash. A bit pricey, but its downtown and they always have several store picks on the shelf and often some OWA picks in the back that you can snag if you are already buying and play your cards right. 

B47FAF16-D759-4E3A-BFE1-E090098482D5.jpeg

That was enough to get me excited - Grabbed a Barrel K also today. I seem to recall reading somewhere some time ago a description of typical/general characteristics imparted by the various WT rickhouses. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Could be my imagination...

Stagg Jr. Batch #9 ($49) and Whistlepig Old World Cask Finish 12 YO ($99) at Costco...

4 bottles of wt 101

Edited by anthony. g.

Here is my 3 day haul from Kentucky last week.  The Elijah Craig, buffalo trace, And knob creek are store picks. The early times bib they said was gonna come to Ohio but i have yet to see it so I picked one up.  I got something special engraved on the one knob creek bottle. I hope i don't have to wait 70 years to open it. 

P.S. the four bottles one the right are gifts to other people. 

IMG_20180602_201658.jpg

KIMG0367.JPG

Edited by Barrel Aged Buckeye
  • I like it 2

20 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Pick up a few bottles and was kind of excited about this new barrel pick. It's probably GD mixed with MGP and then barreled? Goes to show how tough it's becoming for non-distillers to find good juice to put their label on.

IMG_1062.thumb.JPG.b0704d71c9225f4a909f3085e46fd6d9.JPG

This is one bottle I keep buying more of (though a different store pick).  I've actually only seen the 107 as store picks, so maybe that's the only way its sold?

It took a little getting used to for me, but I really crave the flavor in this one.

• I like it 1

I found a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof at a price I liked (after passing on the $73 one at BevMo).  The 1792 is quite enjoyable for me neat.  I look forward to opening Mr. Craig and comparing.  

IMG_2036.jpg

Landed in Orlando today, headed to my work site from airport. I caught an ABC store out of the corner of my eye and said what the hell, I got some extra time. Needless to say I was rewarded (and very lucky) this bottle was being held for over a week for another person. They failed to pick it up. Timing is everything. 

B2B01158-C8F8-4330-9687-DE31578F4208.thumb.jpeg.9c4936ed159294c2feb255782c14df9e.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.