What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, Paddy said:

BH @ $27.99, and EWSB @ $24.99 (each at a great price). 

Zen has been quoted.

2 hours ago, Achair34 said:

Things  are getting out of hand. I just saw Weller special reserve and Weller antique for $200 each!!!!!!

Heck.  I know where you can get one of each for $99 each.  Only one of each per day per customer though.  Sign says so.  They are the new bottles, too, so you know they are FRESH!:rolleyes:

Just keep passing it on overpriced BTAC for the moment, at €350, it's a no brainer. Even if this year Stagg is awesome, i'm not gonna pull the trigger at that price, if it was a pre 2013, it would't be so easy though. 

Will. 

On 5/4/2018 at 5:21 PM, FlounderinDC said:

Saw Blanton's in a store today for $80. No thanks. Said the same to a Bourye for $99.99. 

Love the profile photo

At a store today they had WSR for $29.99 for a 750 and $59.99 for a 1.75. The additional kicker is that you have to spend $100 in additional purchase for the "privelege" of purchasing the WSR. Limit one. This is the same store with W12 1.75 for $300.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

At a store today they had WSR for $29.99 for a 750 and $59.99 for a 1.75. The additional kicker is that you have to spend $100 in additional purchase for the "privelege" of purchasing the WSR. Limit one. This is the same store with W12 1.75 for $300.

I have left intended purchases at the register over mularkey like that. 

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, Clueby said:

They would have to give me 100.00 to even consider excercising the "privilege" of parting with 30 dollars or any dollars purchasing a WSR, not my cup o tea, more for the masses I guess.

Passed on everything today including 3x ECBP B2018 model, not since the first release and maybe one other time have I seem ECBP on a shelf. I was actually looking for WT Decades after seeing posts of pricing coming down, alas they wanted 150.00 and I am not paying that much. Anyone see WTDEC in the greater ATL area for around 100 or you see a good sale somewhere PM me and I'll drive but I am passing all day at 150.00 or more.

7 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Passed on everything today including 3x ECBP B2018 model, not since the first release and maybe one other time have I seem ECBP on a shelf. I was actually looking for WT Decades after seeing posts of pricing coming down, alas they wanted 150.00 and I am not paying that much. Anyone see WTDEC in the greater ATL area for around 100 or you see a good sale somewhere PM me and I'll drive but I am passing all day at 150.00 or more.

Good to hear the ECBP518 is out.  Did you happen to catch the proof on this batch?

11 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Good to hear the ECBP518 is out.  Did you happen to catch the proof on this batch?

Haven't seen it personally but a post on another thread said it's 133.4

14 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Didn't look at that, they had the paper "bourbon of the year" or something like that which made me look a bit closer as I didn't expect to see ECBP on a shelf. I only got curious enough to catch that it was a 2018 vintage.

You can't really see but there are actually two of those back there and one was also behind the register, priced to move at $220.... 

y4mnLmry8HscbfgayUSulmW1PgCZ8GHl5xlfsgUn

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

You can't really see but there are actually two of those back there and one was also behind the register, priced to move at $220.... 

That CEHT Rye is about $30 high as well.

• I like it 1

y4mnLmry8HscbfgayUSulmW1PgCZ8GHl5xlfsgUn4NGXlmWewkbfUMrlzkru1oJgIKx40RArZL9HdcXJeXKvkKqGYac5bwzziph1cL-ksN3g9HvcN7IZNsleOeJk4TU9tbHx1TWoRkBPOkssG-ll3MTDikPINcQD2srTU8gOSQ5rpS6sLZq8w9GiWAawMZBrcrSWIHt1fDsYbQdlSESNANQhQ?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

Might need to be become a Scotch drinker with the pricing there on the OF BB and EHT rye.
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Hey Kev, You shopping in Manhattan again????  J/K.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

That CEHT Rye is about $30 high as well.

It's overpriced at MSRP, IMO...

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

It's overpriced at MSRP, IMO...

I have not actually tried it but some people swear by it.  I agree it seems overpriced.  A BIB rye that might be a tad over 4 years for $70 or more?

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Hey Kev, You shopping in Manhattan again????  J/K.

I do but unfortunately this was one of my regular stores in NJ they have a combination of terrible prices on Bourbon but good prices on World Whiskey and Scotch generally, and they tend to get some stuff other places don't somehow. 

13 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Might need to be become a Scotch drinker with the pricing there on the OF BB and EHT rye.

Unfortunately this is an illness I already suffer from...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

I do but unfortunately this was one of my regular stores in NJ they have a combination of terrible prices on Bourbon but good prices on World Whiskey and Scotch generally, and they tend to get some stuff other places don't somehow. 

Unfortunately this is an illness I already suffer from...

So, how much are they charging for a Dalmore 45 in the Baccarat decanter????

• I like it 1

I passed on FR SiB at $24 along with several other bottles at 30%.  I am heading to eastern KY and WV early next week and wanted to save $$ in case I find something on the road.

20 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I passed on FR SiB at $24 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make exceptions for that kind of pricing. 

6 minutes ago, flahute said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know.  I am having second thoughts.  I can still hit them up tomorrow.  It was at Kroger.  They are really upping their game locally.  I was spoiled by the previous FR SiB I picked up.  It was head and shoulders above recent bottles.

I could have grabbed a WT101 or two for around $17.  The color looked much darker than I recall recent bottles.

Edited by mbroo5880i

39 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I passed on FR SiB at $24 along with several other bottles at 30%.  I am heading to eastern KY and WV early next week and wanted to save $$ in case I find something on the road.

19 minutes ago, flahute said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here I thought only buying one @ $29.99 a few weeks ago was bordering on sacrilege.

Biba! Joe

Just now, fishnbowljoe said:

And here I thought only buying one @ $29.99 a few weeks ago was bordering on sacrilege.

Biba! Joe

I know.  Even $29.99 is a good price!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.