What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, flahute said:

My wife requested a rose whiskey sour since we had a little rose left so I made those with Larceny. Very refreshing. But this is a bourbon thread so I followed with some OWA. Wasn't firing like it was last night but was still satisfying. Finishing with some Booker's Kathleen's Batch. This is the first Booker's I've bought since the price increase. I decided to dive back in since it was pretty highly rated. I've put a hurt on this bottle but honestly I think I like Baker's better. (I've been SBSing then for a while now.)

Baker’s is sneaky good. Going to need another bottle here in a bit. 

• I like it 1

On 7/19/2018 at 11:39 PM, flahute said:

You were celebrating Alpe d'Huez. It's definitely worthy.

Indeed it was though Nibali ( my GC pick this year) was unfortunately lost to a very bad luck encounter with a camera strap. Anyhow, back on topic I toasted that amazing peloton with a freshly opened OGD 114, an epic bourbon for an epic stage.

• I like it 2

Sipping Belle Meade Cask Strength Reserve, batch 1, 118.8 proof. This is my first MGP bourbon, and I am really enjoying it. I passed on a lot of BM and OKI single barrels before I was interested in them, and now they are no where to be found. When I found this one I bought it immediately, and I am glad I did.

• I like it 1

Loving some JB Distiller's Cut with some burgers tonight.  Have never been a huge fan of any label with the name "Jim Beam" on it before, but this label has yet to disappoint.

19 minutes ago, GaryT said:

Loving some JB Distiller's Cut with some burgers tonight.  Have never been a huge fan of any label with the name "Jim Beam" on it before, but this label has yet to disappoint.

Since it was released, Distiller’s Cut has been my budget Beam go-to.  It’s really good.  But I recently had a hankerin’ for my  previous Beam budget go-to...Beam Bonded.  Went and picked one up today and am loving it.  Love it just as much. It’s just so juicy good.  Can’t go wrong with either!

• I like it 1

Enjoying a smoked maple Manhattan made with 9 year age stated Knob Creek right now.

Waiting for the charcoal to be ready for cooking.

:)

Having the last dram out of a 70’s WT8/101. The idea of buying this on any shelf as daily pour back then seems unfair. Rich and spicy, classic Turkey

• I like it 2

Hitting the ET BIB that GaryT was kind enough to share. Firing on all cylinders tonight with a Man o War and some Audioslave as the storm rolls into to North metro.

Had a generous pour from the recently purchased private pick of RRSB.    This one drinx like every bit of the 110-proof it is; but is amazingly sweet along with that burn.   A bit of an odd combination; but, I'm enjoying it nonetheless.    The nose doesn't give away the heat; but it does promise some baking spices which it has on the palate, along with a lot of brown sugar... and that alcohol burn.    The finish is above average, as well.    All in all not a bad pick.

WT101 while sitting outside, eating popcorn, and enjoying The Princess Bride with the in-laws. It's PERFECT out. 

20180721_204118.jpg

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Baker’s is sneaky good. Going to need another bottle here in a bit. 

Booker's, Baker's, KC...I love the profile.  KC is probably the best value, Baker's is the perfect age and proof, and Booker's is top tier.  

• I like it 1

A decent pour of Total Wine KCSB proofed down to around 105.  It was nice on a cool breezy Indiana evening following a rainy day of soccer.  Following up with a smaller pour of WTRB 116.8 proofed down to around 105 which seems to be the sweet spot tonight.  I am really liking this WTRB.  I have been trying to keep this bottle around since I have a few friends coming over soon who are WT101 fans.  I always like to treat them to other WT offerings.  I guess I will just need to buy another bottle.

Finally sitting down to a nice pour after a long day that started at the DMV.

20180721_205547-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 4

Just picked up a Weller OWA and SR and decided to do a SBS with all the Wellers. Can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner. One of the reasons is the SR has been surprisingly hard to find lately. W12 is the hardest but I got lucky a while back.

image.jpg

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Having a pour (1) HM 10y tonight (always good), I have to get up early tomorrow morning. My daughter has a track meet tomorrow. I'm going to brag a little, she is ranked 4th in the nation for 11 year old's in javelin at the Jr. Olympics this year. We just found this info out yesterday. So I'm a proud papa with my chest poking out a little bit....   The Olympics are still a few weeks away, this is her final meet until then.  

She was 1st today, but didn't throw her personal best, she is upset with herself, but...……. there are good days and not so good days.

I'm having a pour of WT American Spirit to end the day. What a bourbon, I'm sure most of you left this on the shelf like I did thinking, Ill go back and get it later, and it was gone. What a great bourbon. 

4341A1ED-D0B9-47D3-BE46-414D93A1F259.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody

Opened a 4RSiB OESK that I recently acquired. First time truing this recipe. I like it, but not as much as OESO and OESF.IMG_8656.JPG

• I like it 2

HHBIB at home while a buddy sends me pics from Indy at a cookout sampling PVW23, PHC 24, Stagg, and Willett 13. I'm pretty content with my HH.

• I like it 1

Moved on to some ECBP.  I think its A118 but don't wanna get back up to find out. The PHC11 was a more "elegant" pour but I'm enjoying this one as well. Way more wood.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Clueby said:

after a long day that started at the DMV.

Gross.

Sorry man.

PHC is a good way to celebrate that being over.

My cousin came up from Kentucky for our family reunion and along with the AAA and SAOS 11yo SiB that he muled up for me he brought his PVW15 that he recently acquired from LB. Along with my son and sil this was our line-up Friday evening. Did all wheaters first then we polished off the rest of my GTS. I was in rough shape Saturday morning!

514DFCF9-2F0A-4486-B531-C22CB2F09AED.png

• I like it 5

12 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Tonight's winner is the bottle on the right. 

y4mFmMgzllS5U4zdTYNDtitypm_Tse7okStc2gw4

Those appear to be pretty healthy pours.  :)

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Short work week coming up with two work days and then a home remodeling project sandwiched around a Foo Fighters concert.  A couple of bar type pours (but at home) of ECBP B517 followed by another small pour and then what the heck another small pour.  I always find myself worrying about Monday on Sunday.  But, a two day at work week followed by a three day of a lot of work week will be a welcome change of pace.

20 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Tonight's winner is the bottle on the right. 

Is the ORVW laser coded from 2017?  If so, I agree with you.

7 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Those appear to be pretty healthy pours.  :)

is the Old Fitz really that dark or is it just the lighting? Looks Great. Very Jealous!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.