What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying a nice pour of DN1843, the discontinued BIB version. I enjoy both the newer 100 proof as well as the older BIB version, but to me they have very noticably different tastes.

7 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Enjoying a nice pour of DN1843, the discontinued BIB version. I enjoy both the newer 100 proof as well as the older BIB version, but to me they have very noticably different tastes.

What notable differences have you become aware of, J?      I've only had the BIB; but bought a newer (non-BIB) and will eventually open it.

12 hours ago, Nomad said:

Game changer for a rum drinker.

0603181727_(1).jpg

I love the 1792 Full Proof, especially when you can get some store barrel selects. Enjoy!

• I like it 1

A crappy Monday has been saved

ORVW.jpg

• I like it 6

Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream with vanilla ice cream and REAL root beer - now THAT'S an ice cream float!!!

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

54 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Ooooooh!  ^_^

Closing out my Monday with a couple of Turkey picks from my favorite whiskey peddler 

y4mCxz9x931PYgZcGZQQlorIFsqK4GwAw9fbAgCN

• I like it 2

Never change MGP 75-21-4 mash bill. Love it. 10 yrs, 117 proof. 

D6A136AC-30E9-441E-8651-E08F1B44B479.jpeg

Some ECBP C917 tonight.  Getting a lot of nuttiness from this one this evening.

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

ORVW.jpg

If that's Monday, then I wanna party with you on Saturday!  :)

5 hours ago, Vosgar said:

ORVW.jpg

Take note: the BOTY is showing us how it's done.

6 hours ago, flahute said:

Take note: the BOTY is showing us how it's done.

YUP!    Hats off to Gary.   I can well imagine a nice pour from that offering would rescue most of us from almost any sort of bummer Monday.    Good on ya' Gary!  :)

15 hours ago, Vosgar said:

ORVW.jpg

Nice!  Drink that, close your eyes for a second, and when you open them again it feels like Friday!  :D

On 6/29/2018 at 10:09 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Are you sure the bottle is totally empty?  The only way to know for sure is to lay on your back, put the bottle to your mouth and tap it several times on the bottom to make sure no drops are left in it.

Indeed, you have to inhale every last molecule of goodness out of that bottle. It's the only way to make sure it is completely dead.

1 hour ago, ondarocks said:

Indeed, you have to inhale every last molecule of goodness out of that bottle. It's the only way to make sure it is completely dead.

My wife's late uncle would not let you throw a bottle of anything until you "let it rest".  Then he would turn it over and get the last couple drops out of it.  You didn't dare touch his beer bottle before it was finished resting.

Taking it slow this week, so I decided to drink this one from Heaven Hill.  

IMG_2429.JPG

Finished off a barrel select Blanton’s tonight. Sad to see it go, but damn was it delicious. 

263171A8-B8AF-4419-AE44-E60617460A50.jpeg

• I like it 1

Trying these sbs for the first time. Since they're so close in proof (52.8% and 50%) the taste difference is really based on the age difference. The 11yr definitely has more complexity. I then poured some OBSQ (56.2%) to sbs with the 11yr. I gotta say I prefer the OBSQ, but they're both (all) very good. I'm headed to KY next month. I'm hoping to get an OBSK or an O yeast from the distillery. 

20180710_180337.jpg

• I like it 1

Had a BIG pour of mine and my local monger's private pick of 1792 FP, which is just a caramel bomb.     Loved the one pour, and that was enough.

Edited by Richnimrod
  • I like it 2

Enjoying some HM 10-year-old while barbecuing some chicken breast sausage and Boudin for the family. 

F33A87DE-6927-4B3A-B82D-0586D09C7514.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 2

Mccanna.  Love it!  

• I like it 1

My girls and I were invited to a neighbor’s house for brats tonight. My neighbor was also generous enough to share a pour of ETL and Blantons. Damn nice guy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.