What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Double Delta Sky Club Baker's in a paper cup at LAX on my way to LAS. Ran out of my own supplies on the first leg. 

Listening to the Braves radio post game waiting for the next thunderstorm to roll through with a GBS ECBP 15 yr.  

1641E2FE-D214-4EC8-AEEB-33113C3E322D.jpeg

• I like it 3

Made myself a BT bourbon cream root beer.   Didn't have any ice cream in the freezer so i couldn't make a float, but it's still refreshing with just an ice cold A&W rootbeer.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Listening to the Braves radio post game waiting for the next thunderstorm to roll through with a GBS ECBP 15 yr.  

1641E2FE-D214-4EC8-AEEB-33113C3E322D.jpeg

One of these days, I will join you on the patio to enjoy this rare beast of a bourbon while listening to your Braves and observing the passing of a thunderstorm (a tradition I greatly miss since I moved out of the Midwest.) Brothers do need to hang out every so often.

When to a friend's house for a cookout last night. They asked me to make boulevardiers for the guests and provided ECBP as the bourbon. !!!!!!!!! I'd never do this at home, but in what should come as no surprise to anyone on this board, ECBP makes a ridiculously insane cocktail. I substituted Gran Classico for the Campari (thanks Bruce!) which resulted in a singularly unique cocktail (that was very good).

Switched to KC boulevardiers after that. After dinner, I provided a WFE 14yr and a WFE 23yr. Everyone was pleased.

• I like it 1

Tried a pour of these today, as I’m a big fan of Old Forester. 

I was not expecting the King of KY to be so darn delicious. 

I’m really impressed. 

Think of it as Old Forester’s answer to GTS

It’s an intense experience, that delights the palate. 

The Presidents Choice is much more mellow, but is still quite tasty. Definitely a step up from normal OF

Unfortunately, I’ve not found either bottle for sale. 

:(

07B5F200-B795-49AC-B424-C93FCB85F290.jpeg

0194B0DF-E36D-4E0E-A6E9-E3AC66477C8B.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Warming up with a small pour of belle meade. 

Cask strength?

11 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Cask strength?

Nope just the 90 proof. Tasty but needs more age.

celebrating Mrs. Statesboro Blues accepting a new position tonight. We whipped Monday’s ass this week. 

A0735EED-4962-4596-895E-C3455979F48C.jpeg

22 hours ago, flahute said:

When to a friend's house for a cookout last night. They asked me to make boulevardiers for the guests and provided ECBP as the bourbon. !!!!!!!!! I'd never do this at home, but in what should come as no surprise to anyone on this board, ECBP makes a ridiculously insane cocktail. I substituted Gran Classico for the Campari (thanks Bruce!) which resulted in a singularly unique cocktail (that was very good).

Switched to KC boulevardiers after that. After dinner, I provided a WFE 14yr and a WFE 23yr. Everyone was pleased.

That actually sounds quite amazing, especially with ECBP. I got sold on substituting Campari with Gran Classico some year ago, and it really kicks the cocktail up a notch or two. Sounds like it was a tasty evening! 

On 8/6/2018 at 2:34 AM, flahute said:

After dinner, I provided a WFE 14yr and a WFE 23yr. Everyone was pleased.

Dinner here is at 20:00-21:00 every night. There is premium cutlery, decent china, and a comfortable room included. Breakfast, too.

• I like it 3

On 8/5/2018 at 10:55 PM, 0895 said:

Tried a pour of these today, as I’m a big fan of Old Forester. 

I was not expecting the King of KY to be so darn delicious. 

I’m really impressed. 

Think of it as Old Forester’s answer to GTS

It’s an intense experience, that delights the palate. 

The Presidents Choice is much more mellow, but is still quite tasty. Definitely a step up from normal OF

Unfortunately, I’ve not found either bottle for sale. 

:(

07B5F200-B795-49AC-B424-C93FCB85F290.jpeg

0194B0DF-E36D-4E0E-A6E9-E3AC66477C8B.jpeg

The bigger questions is, how did you like Westport Wine & Whiskey in Louisville? The tasting area is really nice.

6 minutes ago, elmossle said:

The bigger questions is, how did you like Westport Wine & Whiskey in Louisville? The tasting area is really nice.

Oh, it’s becoming a regular stop for me. 

If I lived in Louisville, my entire paychecks would just direct deposit here. 

:)

I commend them for keeping things reasonable.  They are truly doing a service by allowing people to taste this stuff. 

My mouth is still watering over the king... 

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

18 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Oh, it’s becoming a regular stop for me. 

If I lived in Louisville, my entire paychecks would just direct deposit here. 

:)

I commend them for keeping things reasonable.  They are truly doing a service by allowing people to taste this stuff. 

My mouth is still watering over the king... 

Even though we no longer live there, I try to get the MIL to stop by and get some stores picks when available. They have picked some true classics over the years. I am hoping to do some sampling the next time we are in town.

33 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Dinner here is at 20:00-21:00 every night. There is premium cutlery, decent china, and a comfortable room included. Breakfast, too.

Dinner in London sounds nice.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, flahute said:

Dinner in London sounds nice.

I've been mastering my roasts this summer. I think I've gained 10 pounds since I got off my most recent boat...

...of pure bourbon appreciation muscle, you understand.

Edited by The Black Tot
  • I like it 2

59 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I've been mastering my roasts this summer. I think I've gained 10 pounds since I got off my most recent boat...

...of pure bourbon appreciation muscle, you understand.

I do.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.