What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Wheater night a bottle kill of a much maligned bottle that I like fine and a couple of Weller's one thanks to @KyleCBreese 

y4m-99IKp-mbxHocG6M1nz8XMu51cOYOgGeb-guYy4moEAxCQqZO8TS2_uQMDGXD8_tVHHRossQIcfAi

One of the spicier OWA picks I have had, but it was enjoyable.

34 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Wheater night a bottle kill of a much maligned bottle that I like fine and a couple of Weller's one thanks to @KyleCBreese 

y4m-99IKp-mbxHocG6M1nz8XMu51cOYOgGeb-guYy4moEAxCQqZO8TS2_uQMDGXD8_tVHHRossQIcfAi

Wish I lived closer to you, cuz I’m always down for good whiskey and good vinyl. 

;)

• I like it 1

Some 2015 AECS tonight. 

On the nose, fruit. 

On the tongue, a kiss of sulfur and a fire that can’t be put out. 

Its not my favorite bottle, but it’s always interesting. 

:)

CC718C51-6CFB-4C6E-99D3-09DCD4A69C7D.jpeg

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Wish I lived closer to you, cuz I’m always down for good whiskey and good vinyl. 

;)

Well I will say that NJ is a fine state with a bad reputation. Good bourbon goes quite well with good wax if you ever find yourself near the garden state company is always welcome. 

• I like it 1

Having so much fun with a pour of SAOS 10y Single Barrel around 120 proof, already had some yesterday, was impressed, still very impressed, way to go Smooth Ambler, cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 3

16 hours ago, 0895 said:

Some 2015 AECS tonight. 

On the nose, fruit. 

On the tongue, a kiss of sulfur and a fire that can’t be put out. 

Its not my favorite bottle, but it’s always interesting. 

:)

CC718C51-6CFB-4C6E-99D3-09DCD4A69C7D.jpeg

I’ve almost pulled the trigger once for it, but the price was just insane. Great looking bottle though. Need to try a sample in the future, I’m just to curious. Cheers!

Will

I dunno. :unsure: Three weeks ago, I filled a 200 ml bottle to take to our local Wednesday night bourbon/cigar get together. We didn't drink it all, so I brought what was left over home. Darned if I can remember what it was. (IIRC, EW BIB?) Anyway, that's what I'm having this evening. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

Biba! Joe

Small pours from 3 of my pillars of bourbon, tonight.  WT 101, Larceny, and BT.  

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Small pours from 3 of my pillars of bourbon, tonight.  WT 101, Larceny, and BT.  

Tain't nuthin' wrong with any of 'em at all. ;)

Biba! joe

• I like it 1

This is my first dance with HH6BIB. I fall in line with everyone else in that this is a really really good $15 bottle.  The bc wife and I are in Bardstown for a few nights. I picked up 3 bottles of this and 2 of the VOBBIB. I may have to grab another bottle of this before we head home. 

20180816_191849.jpg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I dunno. :unsure: Three weeks ago, I filled a 200 ml bottle to take to our local Wednesday night bourbon/cigar get together. We didn't drink it all, so I brought what was left over home. Darned if I can remember what it was. (IIRC, EW BIB?) Anyway, that's what I'm having this evening. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

Biba! Joe

Just tell yourself its WLW. The power of suggestion. 

• I like it 1

WT101

My lifesaver in a sea of bad pours @ the local Greek restaurant’s bar. 

Damn this stuff is good!

BEA2E340-F794-4555-8BCE-763B9E66C12F.jpeg

• I like it 2

Wild Turkey. Decades. Seemed fitting on my 38th trip around the sun. 

• I like it 6

14 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Wild Turkey. Decades. Seemed fitting on my 38th trip around the sun. 

Did the same for mine back in March, Happy Birthday! 

deck.thumb.jpg.fb1ce3a298eb60ea2f7e4099ba45105c.jpg

The tools are put away and time for some CEHT .  The wife tapped out and made an appointment with the Chiropractor, (wonder how that happened ):(   Solo project now, but half done. 

23 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

This is my first dance with HH6BIB. I fall in line with everyone else in that this is a really really good $15 bottle.  The bc wife and I are in Bardstown for a few nights. I picked up 3 bottles of this and 2 of the VOBBIB. I may have to grab another bottle of this before we head home. 

20180816_191849.jpg

Never had it until an SB brother sent me a sample...thanks Mako...and wow that is good juice! I’ve heard how good it is for so long I thought I would have it built up too much in my mind and get disappointed. Nope. If I could get this anytime for $15 I would stop the hunting! Probably not but I’d think about it hard. 

4 hours ago, Cranecreek said:

deck.thumb.jpg.fb1ce3a298eb60ea2f7e4099ba45105c.jpg

The tools are put away and time for some CEHT .  The wife tapped out and made an appointment with the Chiropractor, (wonder how that happened ):(   Solo project now, but half done. 

Looking good. I mean the deck but the bourbon doesn’t look to shabby.

• I like it 1

Scratching checks to every dentist & doctor in the state it seems. MMCS is helping me through it. 111 proof is a little weak for the job though. Actually this is a really enjoyable bourbon. Very drinkable for the proof with a lot of the classic vanilla and caramel flavors. 

311395AC-1599-4645-8593-D010F9EAA069.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Never had it until an SB brother sent me a sample...thanks Mako...and wow that is good juice! I’ve heard how good it is for so long I thought I would have it built up too much in my mind and get disappointed. Nope. If I could get this anytime for $15 I would stop the hunting! Probably not but I’d think about it hard. 

I 100% agree. The people of Kentucky are lucky to have this little gem. 

having  a 10 year OESV, my second is going to be daddy Stagg, then passing out on the couch to a movie hopefully.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.