What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

You are definitely in BT territory and not far from Woodford and Castle and Key.

Such a pretty drive from Elizabethtown over to here. Going north tomorrow, looking forward to seeing new parts of KY. 

• I like it 1

Enjoying an old bottle of Jim Beam black. I don’t know how old exactly, but it still lists Booker as living in the side of the bottle. Speaking of Booker, that’s the only proper Beam bourbon I usually drink but this bottle is good

Last night my old man and I sat around our makeshift kitchen table after a long (but productive) day of managing a slew of contractors prepping my new house ahead of this weekend's move, and we plowed through way too much Blantons and '98 S-W WSR.  I am usually really good about pacing myself, and I can count on one hand the number of times I actually get drunk in a year, but last night was one of those times.  No bueno today as I remember why I pace myself.  Today cannot end soon enough.

Edited by dcbt

9 hours ago, dcbt said:

Last night my old man and I sat around our makeshift kitchen table after a long (but productive) day of managing a slew of contractors prepping my new house ahead of this weekend's move, and we plowed through way too much Blantons and '98 S-W WSR.  I am usually really good about pacing myself, and I can count on one hand the number of times I actually get drunk in a year, but last night was one of those times.  No bueno today as I remember why I pace myself.  Today cannot end soon enough.

That's great that you got to enjoy a tasty beverage with your dad. Mine is a massive teetotaler and would literally crap his pants if he knew the extent of my stash. I wish I could crack open one of my good bottles and enjoy it with him, but it just isn't going to happen. Hangover or not, good that you can share it. Good luck with the move!

• I like it 1

A fresh bottle of VOB BIB - DSP 12 goodness.  I keep saying to myself, I'll bunker some of these.  Then they end up getting opened.

• I like it 2

The last pour from this bottle, had it a long time. Might buy it again.

ykOAMOr.jpg

• I like it 2

Had the last pour of WTKS store pick from Kentucky. 

Now I poured more of my personal blend of WT Diamond and RB 112. Rare Diamond??  Nah! 

But it does taste great and I'm getting kind of partial to it.

8 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Found deep in my brothers bunker. 

F77963C7-7488-449A-9242-48DCE8C6CD69.jpeg

That's a great batch!  From 2014 and same proof as the 25th.  Think I may have one or two stashed downstairs.  I may search when I finish my open bottle of "Toogies Invitation" - a great batch too...

Every once in awhile, my brain tries to trick me into buying another bottle of Willett pot still.

So, last night at a bar, I had a pour (to remind myself not to buy one) and for whatever the circumstances, it was decently enjoyable.  

Probably more an influence of the company than the whiskey itself.

So anyway, I had another and told my brain to shut up for another year.

35 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Every once in awhile, my brain tries to trick me into buying another bottle of Willett pot still.

So, last night at a bar, I had a pour (to remind myself not to buy one) and for whatever the circumstances, it was decently enjoyable.  

Should I pour you an emergency sample to keep on hand? Open in case of emergency. Just before I finally killed off my 750 bottle my wife got me a 1.75L as a gift. It still takes up half of the top of the bar. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Should I pour you an emergency sample to keep on hand? Open in case of emergency. Just before I finally killed off my 750 bottle my wife got me a 1.75L as a gift. It still takes up half of the top of the bar. 

My wife means well, and I love her dearly, but some of the bottles she’s gotten me....the best one time was a bottle of unaged corn “whiskey” you know in a mason jar but bought from a store. I acted excited, and I drank the whole bottle so she didn’t feel bad.

• I like it 2

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, Statesboro Blues said:

celebrating Mrs. Statesboro Blues accepting a new position tonight. We whipped Monday’s ass this week. 

A0735EED-4962-4596-895E-C3455979F48C.jpeg

That is a sound whippin' there; and congrats to the Missus!!!

Edited by bayouredd

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, NDN98 said:

Enjoying some 2017 Michter’s 10IMG_8788.JPG

I liked my 2017 Mich10; not so much the 2018.

• I like it 1

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, FasterHorses said:

Ahhh.. im in Frankfort on a non bourbon trip. Not enjoying anything bourbon related tonite.

Blasphemy!!!

Edited by bayouredd

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

Not a fantastic pour as is, but added to muddled honey, lemon & bitters, it actually works better than several others I have tried this way...

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

DEF274D8-9697-47FB-A54A-D6001E04E723.thumb.jpeg.ad9a73cfb87db88715752d55dd4f970b.jpeg

Went for the epic stuff tonight. Not disappointed. Cheers! 

Wil.

My favorite Stagg!

enjoy!

• I like it 2

Today the wife and I ran the Spartan Sprint Race at Busch Stadium, which was an absolute butt kicker. I figured I'd have a celebratory pour of something special tonight, but im headed to some friends' for a cookout and decided a nice easy drinker 90 proofed sounded like a better idea. 

20180811_133407.jpg

20180811_180417.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Kozman said:

Blantons tonight, been a while and it’s not disappointing. ??

I'm with ya. Blantons along with some dark chocolate are hitting all the right notes tonight.

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

My favorite Stagg!

enjoy!

Thx man, cheers! it's slowly becoming my favorite too. 

Will. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.