What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was talking to the lady there, who was very nice, but I don't recall her name. She actually called her son and he brought some of them over from their house. I got an OBSV and OESV. Didn't expect that, but it was a very nice gesture. I wish I lived closer, as the store had a lot of nice stuff.

She’s great and that’s some customer service. Not sure if they still had it but they got in L’Encantada Armagnac bottle that looked really nice and up your alley.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:03 PM, El Vino said:

Four Roses PS 10Y 6M OESF.  $60.  Old neck tag.  A little leery of an older bottle still available at retail.  But, I like my 4R with some age so took a chance.  Need the gods of the cult to smile on this...

3657E136-0197-4B6E-AE39-69A94BC53784.jpeg

C0A1B347-EABF-4789-81A7-A401FE11A372.jpeg

I have that JR Buy Rite pick, it is quite nice, wish I had more in the bunker.

• I like it 1

Friday, I thought I'd give Woodford another shot. See if a little more bourbon experience would change my opinion of it. Nope...Just not a fan of Brown-Foreman bourbons. There is just a flavor there that I don't care for no how "sophisticated" I think my palate has become.

Picked up a Weller CYPB from a NCABC store today for $39.95 + tx.  Plan to open it this weekend with some friends and compare it to  W90,W107 and W12 in a blind tasting.   

image.jpg

• I like it 6

On 8/5/2018 at 3:13 PM, silverc said:

Back from traveling the last two weeks in TX and MI. Went to NASA Liquor and Spec's in Houston, and all over MI, and found a bunch of bourbon, armagnac, some C&K Brandy store picks, and a Foursquare 2005 Rum for a buddy at work.

162221172_IMG_5763crop.thumb.jpg.8a0f29b83525129b341619b8b8abe5e7.jpg664469822_IMG_5752crop.thumb.jpg.b06c058e7a992c4d61c38fc2419e5785.jpg

On the brandy front, fantastic picks with the Domaine de Esperance and Delord Armagnacs! If you can find Dan Farber's Osocalis XO, that is an exceptional alambic brandy. 

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

She’s great and that’s some customer service. Not sure if they still had it but they got in L’Encantada Armagnac bottle that looked really nice and up your alley. 

I missed the L'Encantada Armagnac by 3 days.  I was there on a Monday and they had it in later that week. I've heard that is good stuff, so I will be on the lookout for it. Too bad they have limits on the amount (and weight) for airline travel bags, as I could have brought back a few more bottles from the Houston area than I already did. The Specs downtown was amazing in terms of selection and scale. They have nothing like that in VA/NC/SC.

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Good stuff. 

Tastes like old forester (that’s a compliment). 

Happy w/ my purchase. 

:)

2ECA65F0-569C-48BE-8527-77E10EABCBD2.jpeg

6400BE36-01F8-41AB-A4F7-56115D8323CF.jpeg

Great price. TN has it for $29.99 and KY has it for $23.99. 

10 hours ago, BDanner said:

Friday, I thought I'd give Woodford another shot. See if a little more bourbon experience would change my opinion of it. Nope...Just not a fan of Brown-Foreman bourbons. There is just a flavor there that I don't care for no how "sophisticated" I think my palate has become.

BF whiskey is unique. More so than any other distillery to my palate. You either like it or you don't.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, $helby said:

Picked up a Weller CYPB from a NCABC store today for $39.95 + tx.  Plan to open it this weekend with some friends and compare it to  W90,W107 and W12 in a blind tasting.   

image.jpg

Anxious to hear your opinion on it. I've opened my bottle and tried it, but haven't been able to SBS with my OWA or W12.  

9 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Great price. TN has it for $29.99 and KY has it for $23.99. 

I bought it @ liquor barn in Louisville. 

:)

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, $helby said:

image.jpg

Let us know how you liked it. Did you show up on shipment day or have a LS connection? Do you know how many bottles came in? I was just curious what “very limited release” meant when I was reading up on it. . I’m hoping to post a pic on this thread if I get lucky. Knowing Michigan it might be a while or never.

On 8/6/2018 at 5:23 PM, $helby said:

image.jpg

Got my bottle today as well. It will be October before I get to taste it, but looking forward to doing just that!

5 hours ago, elmossle said:

Got my bottle today as well. It will be October before I get to taste it, but looking forward to doing just that!

12 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Let us know how you liked it. Did you show up on shipment day or have a LS connection? Do you know how many bottles came in? I was just curious what “very limited release” meant when I was reading up on it. . I’m hoping to post a pic on this thread if I get lucky. Knowing Michigan it might be a while or never.

I’ve been told that each local ABC Board received one case of six bottles. I missed out in the county I live in but luckily picked one up from a nearby one.   They also only got one case.  Oddly no one else had inquired but shortly after I purchased a bottle the remaining ones were sold.   

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Surtur said:

It seems so far that Weller CYPB has only been seen in the east coast? Am I wrong?

Some Oregon liquor stores show it in stock on the State website, so it's definitely made it over this way, as well.

Not a bourbon but an accessory. 

A fellow on Instagram makes these. A sample case. Fits 10 2 oz samples (or 9 bottles and a spey dram glass). 10 elastic loops, with padded sides and middle devider. Perfect for a long weekend when you can’t pack a mini bunker. 

43CE56C5-F1DA-4AEC-A398-6C206F2BC1E3.jpeg

• I like it 2

I've got one of those as well, works GREAT!

Now if I could just remember where I bought it (wasn't tied in with Instagram)

Broke down and bought a WTMK Decades, I tried it and liked the bourbon, LOVE the bottle, not thrilled that its 100+$ but I am not exactly buying much these days, a few select purchases here and there and thats it.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Broke down and bought a WTMK Decades, I tried it and liked the bourbon, LOVE the bottle, not thrilled that its 100+$ but I am not exactly buying much these days, a few select purchases here and there and thats it.

Good for you...enjoy it

Edited by JvW
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.