What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Sometimes you're good and sometimes you're lucky.  It's better to be lucky.

Funny because I just left a Total Wine & Spirits empty-handed. Then on drive home my gf decides last minute she wanted to go to Stew Leonard’s so I make the first available turn. I passed about 4 liquor stores that I didn’t want to waste time in, would’ve never stopped in that one either.

Definitely lucky yesterday. I left the other RHF there even though I love it and never see it for within $50 of that price, hope someone else finds it who’s been hunting.

• I like it 1

Typically not a fan of the Ocean Series, but took a chance on a store select while out of town for work. Got to the car and realized that I picked up bottle number 111 from batch number 111. Tried it as soon as I got back to where I’m staying and was very pleasantly surprised. It had strong hints of butterscotch and caramel and had a decently long finish.  

61155A72-1866-4C40-82B7-180386E9D0AC.jpeg

47D6B6A9-9333-42CC-B89C-73CF6472FFB5.jpeg

• I like it 1

Well, since I have absolutely no bourbon money left for awhile, I had to seriously weigh my options, yesterday...

F&%$ cable tv!!!

x2.thumb.jpg.81007098d5fa94dbd8a05efb6327b0e0.jpg

• I like it 1

Setting up a labor day tasting for some cousins at Crescent Beach this weekend. 

0942E8E3-0C49-410F-8E3F-1745D374F186.jpeg

• I like it 1

48 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

0942E8E3-0C49-410F-8E3F-1745D374F186.jpeg

That device just to the right of your 101 bottle might be rarer than Pappy...

That device just to the right of your 101 bottle might be rarer than Pappy...

0942E8E3-0C49-410F-8E3F-1745D374F186.thumb.jpeg.71c8df9a5d9080c178f71908111677ec.jpeg

Only way to drive. I mean with a bottle of WT and a manual.

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Only way to drive. I mean with a bottle of WT and a manual.

I have this whole working theory regarding how Wild Turkey is kind of like driving stick. Not necessarily for everyone but if it is, it’s all you want. 

4 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I have this whole working theory regarding how Wild Turkey is kind of like driving stick. Not necessarily for everyone but if it is, it’s all you want. 

Some days I really miss my manual car.

On the other days, I’m stuck in traffic.

:)

• I like it 1

IMG_2283.JPG
Local store had a dollar sale where they sell everything for a dollar above cost. Walked away with these three for under $100. Selection was pretty picked over.

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

IMG_2283.JPG
Local store had a dollar sale where they sell everything for a dollar above cost. Walked away with these three for under $100. Selection was pretty picked over.

I grabbed a Party Center Private Select Old Scout a few months back for 39$.  Enjoyedit so much went back grabbed 4 more for bunker.  Mine taste like penut butter and a great weekly pour!  Let me know how that one turns out.

6 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Did it taste anything like the SAOS 7 yr or single barrels?

Just for reference, the 107 is a blend of Dickel & MGP.

So in short, the answer to your question is basically no, though in some picks I’ve tried, the mgp shines through slightly stronger than the Dickel. 

4 hours ago, schwoo said:

Only $35? I finally found a bottle,,, it was $70 and was thrilled emoji16.png.

Sorry. 

Hope you enjoy it anyway. 

Barton makes good whiskey. 

Just for reference, the 107 is a blend of Dickel & MGP.
So in short, the answer to your question is basically no, though in some picks I’ve tried, the mgp shines through slightly stronger than the Dickel. 

Great. My most favorite (mgp ) and least favorite (dickel ) in one blend. The mgp shines through but still can tell there is dickel. I won’t buy another bottle. This one is ok but not great.

6 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

This one is ok but not great.

Kinda how I've felt about all the ones I've tried.

You know Belle Meade is MGP right?

Might find something to your liking under that label... ;)

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

You know Belle Meade is MGP right?

Yup, sure do!

20180622_104727.jpg

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Yup, sure do!

20180622_104727.jpg

:( I’m glad you can still find these Gee. Really, I’m happy for you! :(

KC store select 120 proof.  This and store select barrel proof bottles of 4R and RR make up 90% of my purchases over the past year.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.