What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

VERY OLD BARTON BIB!

First bottle. Not quite HHBIB but way smoother than EWBIB

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

7 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

VERY OLD BARTON BIB!

First bottle. Not quite HHBIB but way smoother than EWBIB

That's my favorite budget bottle. 

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

I've been buying those lately too.  

Today was HWDR finished in Barreled Manhattan barrels.  Not usually a finished whiskey guy, but the finished HW is great with a cigar.  The HWDR is half the price of MWND, so it got the nod...

What is HWDR? I can't hover my mouse over it to tell me like I can others.

1 minute ago, foppa78 said:

What is HWDR? I can't hover my mouse over it to tell me like I can others.

I think it's high west double rye.

• I like it 2

Went to Willett To Be Cured event in Louisville to benefit American Cancer Society. 

Got a Willett 15 yo bourbon –just a barrel (group buy). 

Also a bottle of Willett 5 yo Bourbon

And won a bottle of 4R LE Sm B

A few others too earlier 2 4R single barrels at the gift shop. Old Fitzgerald. 

• I like it 1

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, flahute said:

Imma gonna need a report on that one when you get the chance.

Opened my OF 1910 today, with SBS vs WR double oak.  Full report in the 1910 thread....

20181104_000718.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Mako254 said:

Lucky to get one. 

E5C533B5-5F90-4FE6-9AB7-E5E246850D15.jpeg

Saw a few of these posted starting on Thurday, mine didn't ship until Friday and UPS says delivery is this coming Friday, I'm getting itchy over here!

Finally!

They were literally putting this on the shelf while I was there. 

I took it with me later in the evening to a bonfire party and it was perfect in front of the fire on a crisp, cool night.

45881747-8146-4FB4-A309-A59D799521B0.jpeg

• I like it 5

2018 Rare Breed and a Store Pick Russell's Reserve (Exit 9 liquors) - Warehouse B / Floor 6

Edited by Jkersh

22 hours ago, bigtoys said:

Went to Willett To Be Cured event in Louisville to benefit American Cancer Society. 

Got a Willett 15 yo bourbon –just a barrel (group buy). 

Also a bottle of Willett 5 yo Bourbon

And won a bottle of 4R LE Sm B

A few others too earlier 2 4R single barrels at the gift shop. Old Fitzgerald. 

So you’re part of the Chicago group! I’m a Bourbon Crusaders member who was there last night hosting. Hope you had fun. Can you believe what happened last night? 

On 11/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, Mako254 said:

Lucky to get one. 

E5C533B5-5F90-4FE6-9AB7-E5E246850D15.jpeg

Got to try this yesterday and it’s really really good.

I got a 1792FP store pick for $38, which I feel is a good price. I also grabbed my first bottle of BM CS batch 4. I'm a big fan of their 10 yr single barrels. Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint. 

Just brought home the latest Parker's Heritage.   I shared a small pour with my monger (keep him happy, dontcha know?), and I hafta say... It's unique! 

Not sure yet if I'll love this one or not; but, early impressions are it is certainly never gonna be confused with anything else I've tried. 

It isn't a sweet as I was afraid it might be, so that's good.      From just the one try, I'll say it seems like an 'after-dinner' pour, and maybe one that would do well over a cube or even a bit of crushed ice.    Also, it might be fun to try a few different bitters with this one (not all in the same pour... OMG!).

More after I've had a chance to mess around with it over several sittings...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I also grabbed my first bottle of BM CS batch 4. I'm a big fan of their 10 yr single barrels. Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint. 

I hope you'll post your impressions after you've had a chance to try this one.  I also am a big fan of the BM 10 yr. SiB and I have been curious about the new expression.

26 minutes ago, Swamp55 said:

I hope you'll post your impressions after you've had a chance to try this one.  I also am a big fan of the BM 10 yr. SiB and I have been curious about the new expression.

I'll probably open it this weekend. I'll post in the enjoying thread. 

• I like it 1

I was talking with another SBer who had and we both thought it wasn’t MGP and not as good as SAOS SB CS. He thought it was Dickel. My Dickel experience is limited but I didn’t get that vitamin taste. I thought maybe Beam? It was good but not sure if I’ll buy again.
  • I like it 1

14 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I was talking with another SBer who had and we both thought it wasn’t MGP and not as good as SAOS SB CS. He thought it was Dickel. My Dickel experience is limited but I didn’t get that vitamin taste. I thought maybe Beam? It was good but not sure if I’ll buy again.

It's MGP. Hopefully my experience is better than the one you 2 had. Do you know what batch it was? Mine is batch 4. 

20181106_180239.jpg

1 hour ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

$59 otd but only found 1

image.jpg

I found a 1910 on the shelf for the first time today, $54.95.  Also found a 1897 that had been dropped to $39.95.  Grabbed them both...

It's MGP. Hopefully my experience is better than the one you 2 had. Do you know what batch it was? Mine is batch 4. 
20181106_180239.thumb.jpg.8bbb579fbe00d8403812244a8a054b43.jpg

Duh, thanks for the post mine also states distilled in Indiana. It’s batch two. Just had a small pour, really good but it seems a very different profile from the 5-6 barrels of SAOS I’ve had.

IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5563.JPG

Yet another bottle of OWA and what I think is the latest batch of Stagg Jr. I'm sorry, I can't keep up with them anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.