What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/4/2018 at 10:18 PM, flahute said:

So you’re part of the Chicago group! I’m a Bourbon Crusaders member who was there last night hosting. Hope you had fun. Can you believe what happened last night? 

I didn’t think to ask RJ if he knew if anyone was an SB member. I’m on my phone but we should get the link to Fred’s Forbes story up here somewhere for all to read.

and yes it was CRAZY!

especially Mike winning and opening all those bottles. 

We had a great time. 

7 hours ago, bigtoys said:

I didn’t think to ask RJ if he knew if anyone was an SB member. I’m on my phone but we should get the link to Fred’s Forbes story up here somewhere for all to read.

and yes it was CRAZY!

especially Mike winning and opening all those bottles. 

We had a great time. 

I’m going to make a post about it with the article link when I get home from visiting my parents (where I’ve been since after the event). I get home this evening. 

1 hour ago, skidfive said:

Not bourbon,  but found a bottle of Crown Royal XR, red, for $150.

What is it, then?

Was visiting my daughter in Chapel Hill, NC and the ABC store was stacked deep with ECBP. Guy said they get about 8 cases of every batch. Including tax, they were $64 a bottle so I grabbed a three bottle case. 

5D117633-46B3-474C-81E8-5577C5CC2286.jpeg

• I like it 3

Picked these up a few days ago. I got to try all of them last week when I happened to be in the store and the BF sales rep showed up with sample bottles. They are all very good in my opinion.
IMG_0027.jpg

I tried this one a few weeks ago. It's better than OE7-101 and tastes older to me but not sure its twice as good.

20181107_205854-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I tried this one a few weeks ago. It's better than OE7-101 and tastes older to me but not sure its twice as good.

20181107_205854-784x1613.jpg

Maybe not but that's more of a statement of how much I enjoy OE7101 than an issue with this one, maybe my new favorite sub $40 bourbon. 

7th anniversary gift from the wife. We do traditional gifts and this year was copper/wool. Not easy and well played by her. It’s a KC Rye store pick in the glass. Very nice. 

B7C49C8A-990A-46DB-BCB3-3D2777173C6D.jpeg

• I like it 1

Finally grabbed  an EW Single Barrel from 2010.  I have every year since 2001.  I waited on the latest one until I could find one that was more than 8 years old.  Geez, I remember when they were all at least 10 years.  Still, super solid buy for only $20 at Costco.

• I like it 2

I just grabbed a 2010 EWSB today at Woodmans...was $22 there. Superb bang for the buck...this was a good snag.

Edited by B3Nut
  • I like it 3

Purchased a BTAC Thomas Handy through the Total Wine allocation/FCFS process - a bit wonky as they bundle PVW and BTAC products together and then it's how fast your computer works when the time comes.  Missed out on any PVW and chose the Handy over the 10 year RVW.

23 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Picked these up a few days ago. I got to try all of them last week when I happened to be in the store and the BF sales rep showed up with sample bottles. They are all very good in my opinion.
IMG_0027.jpg

AND, word has it you got to do a barrel pick too. We would love a report on your JD picks. The proprietor seemed quite excited about these. :)  

12 hours ago, B3Nut said:

I just grabbed a 2010 EWSB today at Woodmans...was $22 there. Superb bang for the buck...this was a good snag.

Snap...

Screenshot_20181108-185513_Photos.jpg

• I like it 3

Stopped at the right store at the right time today. Wasn't expecting this one for a few weeks. 

enhance

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Stopped at the right store at the right time today. Wasn't expecting this one for a few weeks. 

enhance

Just finished a bottle of this, excellent juice!! Recomens to all, I prefer this one with a little ice, it is buttery smooth!

• I like it 1

Maybe not but that's more of a statement of how much I enjoy OE7101 than an issue with this one, maybe my new favorite sub $40 bourbon. 

I still haven’t seen it in Minnesota

1 hour ago, BigPapa said:

I still haven’t seen it in Minnesota

I bought a bottle for the first time today in the southwest part of the TC metro. The best part was it appeared that they didn’t have it in their computer system properly yet, and they rang it up as another Ezra product cheaper than it should’ve been. I didn’t bother to correct them since it was at a store I have no loyalty to

I guess none? Only THH for me this year from the BTAC... said they’re holding back the BTAC for their new store grand opening... yay... now a bunch of people who haven’t spent a nickel with them will have a chance at it... awesome...

On the plus side, I did get some interesting bottles. The WP is a 13yo MGP... 

848F77C8-28C3-48B4-AE38-20D513044DD7.jpeg

• I like it 5

AND, word has it you got to do a barrel pick too. We would love a report on your JD picks. The proprietor seemed quite excited about these. [emoji4]  

Word has it that you really like the OF 1910 too! I got to taste all of them when the BF rep was in the store...they all impressed me. I posted in the OF 1910 thread regarding my further impressions of the 1910 after sitting down with a pour at home. I haven’t had any further pours of the two JD selections yet, but I’ll get to them soon. I was apprehensive about the hickory smoked one, but it reminds me of hickory barbecue sauce on the nose and palate...very nice stuff. I can’t remember any specific notes from the angels share selection, but it’s also very good.
  • I like it 1

DB8D9437-76A3-4655-B9AC-61B48D911AB6.thumb.jpeg.03d2828fda7453688a842fac842ab1d3.jpegwas lucky enough in a raffle tonight that these came home with me.

Wow! Amazing raffle wins!
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.