Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Continuing to work the bunker and avoid buying any new stock. Finished a WTKS this evening, bottled in 2012. I bought in 2012 or early 2013 and have one left.

After that, still have over 300 bottles to work down, primarily bourbon.

Pat

WTKS 2.jpg

WTKS 1.jpg

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Continuing to work the bunker and avoid buying any new stock. Finished a WTKS this evening, bottled in 2012. I bought in 2012 or early 2013 and have one left.

After that, still have over 300 bottles to work down, primarily bourbon.

Pat

WTKS 2.jpg

WTKS 1.jpg

How was it? The age of that probably makes it 107 entry prood

4 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

How was it? The age of that probably makes it 107 entry prood

Really an easy drinker. I am almost always pleased with WTKS.

Pat

A pair heading to the bin today. Don't drink a lot of rye, but will probably pick up another Saz, or possibly something else on my next LS trip.

IMG_0745.jpg

• I like it 1

Two more relegated to the basement. A Weller and a BIB. Go figure. ? At the very least, I am semi-predictable.  :lol:

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.b69c7d0d6221657b2a8084826cb118cd.jpeg

• I like it 2

It’s a nice evening on the veranda, with a Fuente Gran Cru in hand.  Nice enough to polish off the last 4 oz or so of this PS that has served me well.  

Glad to have a few more bunkered away.

489E6CA8-2F4A-4C5F-AC29-9C15854D5496.jpeg

CC695A06-C1BF-4BF0-A414-0E4CE5AD0293.jpeg

• I like it 3

Enjoying the last of this tonight but wouldn't buy it again.  The first half of the bottle was not pleasant at all and now, even though it has opened up, it still smells and tastes young.  There's a lot better ryes out there for $45, IMO. 

new riff rye bib.jpg

finally got around to killing off this bottle. Glad I have a few more bunkered at the old pricing. Don't know if I will pay the $40-50 price tag that they seem to go for now.

20201009_134109.jpg

This handle of 4RYL evaporated a lot faster than expected.  With a hot spell forecasted for the next week, the freezer cold bottle is definitely gonna take a further hit!

*** surrounded by some bunker reinforcements I couldn’t resist picking up today.  Did leave a couple bottles on the shelf ***

F6D069AE-2448-4416-AC84-8E3DE10BAB76.jpeg

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, parksmart said:

This handle of 4RYL evaporated a lot faster than expected.  With a hot spell forecasted for the next week, the freezer cold bottle is definitely gonna take a further hit!

*** surrounded by some bunker reinforcements I couldn’t resist picking up today.  Did leave a couple bottles on the shelf ***

F6D069AE-2448-4416-AC84-8E3DE10BAB76.jpeg

Very nice. I still haven’t seen a Distiller’s Cut on the shelf so that makes it rarer than the Pappiez for me. 

Edited by Kane

4 minutes ago, Kane said:

Very nice. I still haven’t seen a Distiller’s Cut on the shelf so that makes it rarer than the Pappiez for me. 

Us CA folk usually are on the wrong end of the stick when it comes to allocations of LE/limited release product, especially at MSRP.  Snagging DC at $16.99 off the shelf is a small victory for us....... ?

Not mine but i had the last pour of a weller 12 at a steak house monday. I had a bookers for a follow up and only got charged for 2 bookers. 

At my American Legion Post, (which I did bartend at many years ago) if you order a drink and it’s the last pour  of the bottle, your drink is free. ?

Biba! Joe

On 10/16/2020 at 2:28 AM, parksmart said:

Went thru this bottle with a few friends in seemingly no time flat........

1CA3CDEB-A644-414B-BD38-3064ABEE55ED.jpeg

A very underrated and under appreciated bottle of whiskey, right there.  

• I like it 2

Down in the south (Tallahassee Fl area) for a family event. My brothers and I knocked over a bottle of WT101 and half a bottle of EC Bib.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

These were both empty by the end of the night. One was mine and one was a friend's. 

Yum, Yum, love me a good Weller pour!

A Binny’s Weller FP was finished yesterday. Sighhhhh. ? 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

This stuff is so dang good, there’s almost no reason to reach for anything else at the LS. 

38B76946-F594-4A93-8272-7609D87EC079.jpeg

• I like it 3

The remains of my last old style (uh, bulbous VOB-style bottle) of OWA (albeit with plastic label) went into a new batch of SB Blend (but see the "Pro Tips" Topic for details of that atrocity). 

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Drained the last drops out of the WT Decades I had open. Very good pour and one I will miss. But there are more bottle that need my attention, and off to work on adding more bottle to this list.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.