Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/20/2020 at 7:09 PM, jvd99 said:

This stuff is so dang good, there’s almost no reason to reach for anything else at the LS. 

38B76946-F594-4A93-8272-7609D87EC079.jpeg

Im glad people like it, but all I get is a mouthful of toothpaste.

So much mint.

I’ll drink it, but Im not buying it anymore.

For a “budget” bottle, this was tasty.  Gonna go grab another from the bunker, and have to pick up an order that includes several bottles of VOB100 for a SBS.

5558045D-8309-492F-8F47-227776AD98EA.jpeg

• I like it 1

Down goes my last bottle of B517. It's a fantastic bourbon, but dare I say I like B520 a little better. The reason I compare those 2 is the closeness in proof. 

20201026_205824.jpg

If these were $55 or less I'd be inclined to occasionally buy one. They just don't tick enough boxes for me to pay the $70+ they now cost. 

20201027_212725.jpg

This KC 9 went waaaay to quickly.  
Sounds like it was good...  ?

Welcome back 9 year!  ?

F83EB93B-746E-42C8-8D42-252999FC4283.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Lost my one and only WTMK Cornerstone this evening.

No regrets on drinking it, but I’m gonna miss it.

?

16846182-9784-4FBC-8D8B-3D29BBB8FA13.jpeg

I totally understand. But then I found and obtained a second bottle. . . 

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
Bourbon
  • I like it 2

Bought this bottle on the day my dad died in Oct. of 2017. My brother was here last night so we drank the last little pour that was left.  A very nice elegant single barrel. Slightly nutty. Was like an older barrel proof Evan Williams.

Dad would have said I spent way too much on a bottle of hooch.

20201031_132659.jpg

• I like it 12

We are moving in a few weeks. Fun task of packing up / cleaning out the house now. I’ve decided to chip away at lowish open bottles. I just killed off a 2017 Four Roses limited small batch, a WFE 11 year, and a SFTB 

• I like it 5

Knocked out this older bottle of KC today.

Mostly out of interest to make shelf space for another KC.  Likely a store pick this time.

FA34A0C2-C526-4A94-9837-312642534EFC.jpeg

Killed a Rutledge era Small Batch, I believe this one was bottled in 2013. Nice bourbon. I think i have 1 or 2 more of these somewhere.

20201101_005907.jpg

• I like it 4

18 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

We are moving in a few weeks. Fun task of packing up / cleaning out the house now. I’ve decided to chip away at lowish open bottles. I just killed off a 2017 Four Roses limited small batch, a WFE 11 year, and a SFTB 

Staying close or moving far away?

Either way, heck of a night with those pours.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:49 PM, parksmart said:

For a “budget” bottle, this was tasty.  Gonna go grab another from the bunker, and have to pick up an order that includes several bottles of VOB100 for a SBS.

5558045D-8309-492F-8F47-227776AD98EA.jpeg

I really like this bourbon in the Fall.  Another really good inexpensive bottle.  

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, flahute said:

Staying close or moving far away?

Either way, heck of a night with those pours.

I’m moving like a mile as the crow flies. But, still have to do all the same packing, unfortunately. Also have no idea where my liquor will go at the new house yet......... First world problems

4 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I’m moving like a mile as the crow flies. But, still have to do all the same packing, unfortunately. Also have no idea where my liquor will go at the new house yet......... First world problems

Follow Harry's lead and place the liquor behind the dining room door.

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, flahute said:

Follow Harry's lead and place the liquor behind the dining room door.

Boxes in the attic marked "Math books from college" work, too.  She was a Russian studies major and never saw college math.:o

• I like it 4

Emptied that KC single barrel store pick that has had my fancy lately. Not once did that bottle not hit the spot no matter how my palate was working. Glad I have more of these from the same barrel.

4 hours ago, Kepler said:

Emptied that KC single barrel store pick that has had my fancy lately. Not once did that bottle not hit the spot no matter how my palate was working. Glad I have more of these from the same barrel.

I have one of those as well. It's the perfect balance if oak and caramel with a toned back Beam peanut. Ive been nursing that bottle for almost 2 years. I have one backup. 

• I like it 1

Here are the 3 I finished this week. The New Riff is tonight's casualty. 

My plan is to not buy anything until the year ends. I went a little wild buying bottles after the initial part of quarantine lifted. 

20201107_211604.jpg

23 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Here are the 3 I finished this week. The New Riff is tonight's casualty. 

My plan is to not buy anything until the year ends. I went a little wild buying bottles after the initial part of quarantine lifted. 

20201107_211604.jpg

I predict your plan will fail, my friend...  ??

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.