What Bottle Did You Open Today? 2020

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 minutes ago, Kepler said:

What the hell, I'm celebrating my anniversary.  

20200328_214941.jpg

This man really gets it. Enjoy that beauty.  Happy Anniversary!

Cheers Kepler!  

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Spelling
  • I like it 1

6 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

This man really gets it. Enjoy that beauty.  Happy Anniversary!

Cheers Kepler!  

Ditto. Cheers and a Happy Anniversary!

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

20200328_214941.jpg

Congrats!!!  Hope you didn’t tell the wifey that it feels like you’ve been married 125 years......?

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, parksmart said:

Congrats!!!  Hope you didn’t tell the wifey that it feels like you’ve been married 125 years......?

No chance! Haha ?

• I like it 1

On 3/28/2020 at 10:57 PM, Kepler said:

20200328_214941.jpg

Happy Anniversary!!! That is most certainly a great way to celebrate. One of the best bourbons I have ever tasted! Cheers!

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, elmossle said:

Happy Anniversary!!! That is most certainly a great way to celebrate. One of the best bourbons I have ever tasted! Cheers!

Thanks. I only had the one bottle and saved it for this occasion. It's certainly an amazing tasting bourbon!

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jefferson's Presidential 18.  If I died of corona virus, I would hate to think Ieft this behind.

• I like it 2

I enjoy this whiskey at a higher level than my purchased would indicate.  So picked one up today, and promptly cracked it open!  Still, of all of the different stave combinations available for private selection, I’ve yet to have one of those that I like as much as the standard 46 bottling.  I would like a try, though, at seeing what I could come up with on a pick.  ?

488D1813-CB2E-4250-80F5-27E34B91D85D.jpeg

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I enjoy this whiskey at a higher level than my purchased would indicate.  So picked one up today, and promptly cracked it open!  Still, of all of the different stave combinations available for private selection, I’ve yet to have one of those that I like as much as the standard 46 bottling.  I would like a try, though, at seeing what I could come up with on a pick.  ?

(picturing how the GBS settles on stave selections, without any staves winding up piercing certain members :lol:)

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, GaryT said:

(picturing how the GBS settles on stave selections, without any staves winding up piercing certain members :lol:)

Usually, we end up like this...  ?

77FDC75E-6A56-4AE0-BBD6-17275CB93119.jpeg

• I like it 4

27 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I'm guessing that's Troyce on the wrong end of everything?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

It's this sort of behavior that gave "The Goat" that evil temperament.   ...Just sayin'.....

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

My favorite Makers 46 private selection was the standard staves at barrel proof.  

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I assumed it was @callmeox getting the pointy ends (I mean, we all know the guy would pick the WRONG staves, right??)  ;) 

• I like it 2

ER down. Cracked a ECBP B518 batch. After all the lower proof pours lately this was big, bold, chewy and,as I found out this morning, quite dangerous.

FE7C4229-CE3F-46E7-9112-978ED3232275.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

.......... and,as I found out this morning, quite dangerous.

LOL! Yep. I sometimes end up doing most or all barrel proofers some nights and forget that I shouldn't pour my usual size pour (habits you know) and also find myself the next morning questioning my decisions.

On 4/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, smokinjoe said:

My last bottle of 46 had a bizarre finish. I don’t know how to describe it. A sharp strange aftertaste that came and went quickly. Not a bitter astringent or over-oaked taste. However, I drank it down about half way because it was so good on the palate and it was not present at all in the 2nd half of the bottle. I need to get another. 

7 hours ago, flahute said:

LOL! Yep. I sometimes end up doing most or all barrel proofers some nights and forget that I shouldn't pour my usual size pour (habits you know) and also find myself the next morning questioning my decisions.

Don't you just hate being OVER-SERVED ...by . . . Your own dopey self?   I know I hate it when that happens.   Whom do I complain to about it, though? 

I'm waiting..........

• I like it 2

22 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Don't you just hate being OVER-SERVED ...by . . . Your own dopey self?   I know I hate it when that happens.   Whom do I complain to about it, though? 

I'm waiting..........

UGH.  No kidding.  I had a really rotten day yesterday and went straight to it after work.

I woke up in a bad way today and found two empty bottles on the coffee table.  (They were each probably 1/4 full yesterday), both 110 ish proofers.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I'm waiting..........

I'll make a deal with you. Let's complain about it to Vosgar.

• I like it 6

22 minutes ago, flahute said:

I'll make a deal with you. Let's complain about it to Vosgar.

Not sure how I got dragged into your self control problems, but bring it on boys! I had to deal with customers in the metal working industry for 42yrs so I'm pretty sure I can handle you bitches :D

**Warning** - Don't make me go full tilt Phil T on you ? ?

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.