What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

RR10 is $22 here. I have to say I’m on RR train! Would it change your mind at that price? 

I'm with Kepler that I enjoy the WT101 more across the board in most situations so the fact that it is cheaper is just a bonus.  That said, at $22, yes it would absolutely change my mind and I would add it to the daily drinker rotation of WT101, 4RYL, ETBiB, OF Rye, etc . . .  

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Saturday evening on the deck with my lovely wife, while she enjoyed a glass of wine, I had some EW BIB with my favorite side dish, dark chocolate covered cranberries.

EWBIB.jpeg

Sunday night, after a nice grilled steak, asparagus and potatoes my son and I retired to the family room/bar to watch some Star Wars.  I started with a 15 year KC SiB, followed that with some RY 100, which though a little young I'm starting to like a bit more and finished the night with a pour of Blood Oath Pact 4.

Nice!!!   That dish of snax is a very pretty one!   Never had chocolate-covered cranberries; but it sounds tasty!

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Nice!!!   That dish of snax is a very pretty one!   Never had chocolate-covered cranberries; but it sounds tasty!

They are, as the youngsters say, "Da Bomb".  I get them from the bulk section of my local Kroger.  Dark chocolate with bourbon is a match made in heaven.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Dark chocolate with bourbon is a match made in heaven.

This! ^^^^^^^^  (any thing up to 85% cocoa for me)

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

They are, as the youngsters say, "Da Bomb".  I get them from the bulk section of my local Kroger.  Dark chocolate with bourbon is a match made in heaven.

If I recall, you had those on-hand when we visited last September - and I would agree that they are 'da bomb'!  And if not (if it was something else covered in chocolate), then those were the bomb as well ;)  

On topic - enjoying a lovely pour of some 2014 FRSmBLE.  My last FRSmBLE that I've been nursing for 5+ years (and currently targeting bottles that have been open 5+ years).  

• I like it 1

OK you feeble minded retirees...I think “da bomb” came soon after “Neato”, and just before “Far out” in the lexicon of approval of something from youngsters...  ?

You dig, man?!?!  ?

• I like it 2

50 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

OK you feeble minded retirees...I think “da bomb” came soon after “Neato”, and just before “Far out” in the lexicon of approval of something from youngsters...  ?

You dig, man?!?!  ?

Was that before or after 'groovy' & 'ginchy'?   ...Just askin'... It's hard for me to keep track of all these late-breaking new thing-a-ma-bob sayings.

Had a single of WPSR and was surprised by how mellow and smooth it was, very nice.  Followed that up by a double Old Fashioned with FRYL.  Good ending to a weekend that went too quick.

8 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Had a single of WPSR and was surprised by how mellow and smooth it was, very nice.  Followed that up by a double Old Fashioned with FRYL.  Good ending to a weekend that went too quick.

Hmmmm.  What is a "weekend"?

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You dig, man?!?!  ?

For those of us who grew up on the left coast, "bitchin'" (meaning "really, really good!") was the word. Now what were we talkin' about???   ?

Edited by GeeTen

12 hours ago, GaryT said:

If I recall, you had those on-hand when we visited last September - and I would agree that they are 'da bomb'!  And if not (if it was something else covered in chocolate), then those were the bomb as well ;)  

On topic - enjoying a lovely pour of some 2014 FRSmBLE.  My last FRSmBLE that I've been nursing for 5+ years (and currently targeting bottles that have been open 5+ years).  

Yes I was passing those around last year.  Hopefully, by September, we'll be able to gather together and enjoy each others company and some fine bourbon.  I'm ready to host again.

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You dig, man?!?!  ?

I just KNEW somebody was going to get me on the "Da Bomb" thing.  Way to go Joe!

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Yes I was passing those around last year.  Hopefully, by September, we'll be able to gather together and enjoy each others company and some fine bourbon.  I'm ready to host again.

I just KNEW somebody was going to get me on the "Da Bomb" thing.  Way to go Joe!

That’s coo.  Everything’s hunky dory.  ?

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, smokinjoe said:

That’s coo.  Everything’s hunky dory.  ?

Hunky Dory?  Man, you are old(er) than me. :P

I think that Bakers SB is really a sugar bomb,, and  more enjoyable than the traditional Bakers that we all know.

Baker SB.jpg

• I like it 2

51 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Bunker busting again 

32BB6F0D-4B52-452A-9F01-38E31480CEE4.jpeg

Is it as good as “they” say?

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

16 minutes ago, 0895 said:

@0895, I can't speak for @JGriff, but I'm a big fan of the 15 year expression. I'm not usually a wheater fan, but this juice just hits all the right spots. 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

It’s fantastic but man my heart hurts now. John Prine was my number 2 next to Willie. I haven’t cried this much in quite awhile.  Putting a hurt on this old Fitz bottle tonight.  Y’all be safe 

• I like it 7

9 hours ago, JGriff said:

It’s fantastic but man my heart hurts now. John Prine was my number 2 next to Willie. I haven’t cried this much in quite awhile.  Putting a hurt on this old Fitz bottle tonight.  Y’all be safe 

John Prine was my #1.

In 1977 he was at Van Meter Auditorium at Western Kentucky University with the entire band.  That was my first time to see him. In 78 he was at Diddle Arena at WKU.  I went to the concert expecting the entire band again and there was a stage set up with a chair, two microphones and two guitar stands, one empty and one with a six string.  He came out with his 12 string and proceeded to do the entire concert alone.  He was doing "Unplugged" before MTV even came up with the idea.

I saw him twice at the Palace in Louisville, and had tickets to one of his May shows where I was going to introduce my 27 y.o. son to his live music.  However, the highlight was a few years back when my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I wanted to get tickets to John Prine at the Ryman Auditorium.  We went and it was magical.  To sit in those pews and listen to John was and remains the absolute best concert experience I've ever had.

I was introduced to him, like most people, by the song Paradise.  I grew up in Muhlenberg county and have been to every place he sings about in the song.  I quickly learned that he was more than just that one song.  He was a poet, a storyteller, a man who could take what we all felt and translate it into a song that transported us to that sad or happy place.  When John sang a song you could tell that he had lived the life he sang of in each song.

The world has lost a true original. Say a prayer for him and his family. I'm sure his soul has "rolled on up to the Rochester dam".  RIP John Prine.

• I like it 7

Something spicey to start. It finishes sooooo sweet so I figure number 2 or 3 will go great when these poppers are done.

2020-1 Granny’s Batch

4C175BE1-F487-4BE5-9EDD-06EAB0A0268A.jpeg

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

John Prine was my #1.

In 1977 he was at Van Meter Auditorium at Western Kentucky University with the entire band.  That was my first time to see him. In 78 he was at Diddle Arena at WKU.  I went to the concert expecting the entire band again and there was a stage set up with a chair, two microphones and two guitar stands, one empty and one with a six string.  He came out with his 12 string and proceeded to do the entire concert alone.  He was doing "Unplugged" before MTV even came up with the idea.

I saw him twice at the Palace in Louisville, and had tickets to one of his May shows where I was going to introduce my 27 y.o. son to his live music.  However, the highlight was a few years back when my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I wanted to get tickets to John Prine at the Ryman Auditorium.  We went and it was magical.  To sit in those pews and listen to John was and remains the absolute best concert experience I've ever had.

I was introduced to him, like most people, by the song Paradise.  I grew up in Muhlenberg county and have been to every place he sings about in the song.  I quickly learned that he was more than just that one song.  He was a poet, a storyteller, a man who could take what we all felt and translate it into a song that transported us to that sad or happy place.  When John sang a song you could tell that he had lived the life he sang of in each song.

The world has lost a true original. Say a prayer for him and his family. I'm sure his soul has "rolled on up to the Rochester dam".  RIP John Prine.

Kevin, John Prine was #1 for me as well.  Everytime we rolled down the WKP and crossed the Green River I thought of him and "Paradise."  The last verse of "Paradise" is especially meaningful to me, having grown up on the Nolin River, which flows into the Green.  Only difference for me is my ashes are going into the Nolin, and who knows where they will end up.  Hopefully it will be an interesting journey.

• I like it 1

Last night while finishing John Wick 2 and catching up on Better Call Saul. Well deserved after finally getting the damn squirrels out of my attic yesterday as well.

B5C3B60D-8AEC-4790-8A48-C7C1A020C7F1.jpeg

91A30989-1007-40C2-AA9B-21A4E7F0814B.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.