What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It’s been my sons graduation week, didn’t know if he was going to have a graduation ceremony or not, but they did. So after 4 days of parties, cooking, his friends at the house, I’m sitting down with the King of bourbon. Time to relax a minute.... :D

124BAD6E-BFE9-4637-AA62-CC4D482258E4.thumb.jpeg.99e827add6a789b9013186f3eae25121.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 10

On 5/22/2020 at 8:02 PM, Razer91 said:

Found this open bottle of Booker's while digging through my whiskey closet. Still great after all these years IMG_20200522_205703.thumb.jpg.a608d855c81fbb8e73ce44345e85aaee.jpg

That's a good one.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:46 PM, LCWoody said:

I’m probably going to finish this bottle tonight. I have really enjoyed this bourbon and I will buy another, if I see one. 
Everyone have a great memorial day weekend. 

A3D9B87A-F5CB-4FCD-A48B-5A6934C48F0B.thumb.jpeg.d7d3b76e9601cd97e30dc83616daf00c.jpeg

23 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

very nice mgp

I like it too. 

Wild Turkey 101 to start things up, on deck is WTMK 17.  I am nearing the end of the bottle, and not sure if it was exactly my favorite from the series (Decades probably is, so far), but an interesting take on Wild Turkey.  An added plus, is it being (nearly?) barrel proof, but quite low proof, which is a good change of pace from the 120+ proof bottles out there.

• I like it 4

Finished opening up the RV this week. I built a cabinet and installed an outdoor TV. Watched  the NASCAR race until the rain delay. Had a bit of 1792SB while watching .  The river was very busy today. 

7810A027-B1C7-436E-9D6C-A33910C5E165.jpeg

• I like it 9

8 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Finished opening up the RV this week. I built a cabinet and installed an outdoor TV. Watched  the NASCAR race until the rain delay. Had a bit of 1792SB while watching .  The river was very busy today. 

7810A027-B1C7-436E-9D6C-A33910C5E165.jpeg

That's a heck of a patio for a RV!!

My son and I had a great Saturday evening starting with breaking the seal on the Bowman paired with a Cuban, then ETL, and a night cap of FRSB 2013 ltd

0524201945a.jpg

• I like it 6

A rare early morning pour for me. FRSBS. A reward for myself, as I stayed up all night tending the smoker. Feeling like a zombie. But lunch is going to be amazing 

• I like it 5

Had some home made chocolate bourbon shakes that had BT Bourbon Ceeam in it and after it was set up in the ice cream maker added a shot of HH gold label. Shake was really good. Then I decided to have a small pour of the HH neat. Bad idea! ? This stuff will make you grit your teeth.

20200525_213755.jpg

Last night’s Memorial Day pour. Grateful for those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

CD92A628-AFD4-4C23-926F-1C8C14F5296E.jpeg

• I like it 2

It was the first one within arms’ reach today and the photo was rushed because i was in a hurry to get a drink down my gullet today.  Nothing bad going on, just one of those days.

8A2F62C4-6E16-4A17-8E17-94B5C6D5F9BC.jpeg

• I like it 2

I nice pull from the bunker - I’ll be enjoying this one tonight

6495A86F-B575-424C-8630-7BE3A646FB18.jpeg

• I like it 6

Did steak tip shish-ka-bobs on the barbie tonite and whipped up my first batch of 2020 GW4G for the fridge (hit 91 today!).  At 3xWSR:2xOGD114, proof works out to almost 100 (99.6, ok!). Old Hibiki bottle for good luck as the decanter (23 facets on bottle - did I mention that before???).   Had to do a quality control taste test before letting her meld for a week or two:

2020 GW4G.jpg

Sunny and hot forecast for tomorrow, too.  What to cook up for dinner tomorrow nite???   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

14 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Sunny and hot forecast for tomorrow, too.  What to cook up for dinner tomorrow nite???   ?

Ice Cream ?!

4 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

It was the first one within arms’ reach today and the photo was rushed because i was in a hurry to get a drink down my gullet today.  Nothing bad going on, just one of those days.

8A2F62C4-6E16-4A17-8E17-94B5C6D5F9BC.jpeg

I hear you...

Nice work, Dont forget the chips.

19 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Did steak tip shish-ka-bobs on the barbie tonite and whipped up my first batch of 2020 GW4G for the fridge (hit 91 today!).  At 3xWSR:2xOGD114, proof works out to almost 100 (99.6, ok!). Old Hibiki bottle for good luck as the decanter (23 facets on bottle - did I mention that before???).   Had to do a quality control taste test before letting her meld for a week or two:

2020 GW4G.jpg

I've wondered about blending up a batch.  Only problem - we don't get Weller anymore.  Maybe I could substitute MM.  Then we'd have to come up with a new name.

33 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I've wondered about blending up a batch.  Only problem - we don't get Weller anymore.  Maybe I could substitute MM.  Then we'd have to come up with a new name.

Old Maker's Mark's Grand Dad?

23 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Oh boy, it's really, really good.  But I was thinking before tasting the latest batch about substituting Wyoming Whisky L&K Pick "Rooster" for the WSR.  It's a wheater @ 112.2pf that drinks really nice on its own.  But nah - the 2020 GW4G stands for the summer.  As some US Marshall once said, " Smooth as a summer breeze."   Maybe I'll just have another - for medicinal purposes, of course.   ?

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.