What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a bit of Calumet Farms tonight. It is not my favorite pour but it was a Christmas gift from my sister. 

908CDC72-234E-4876-8D4F-55166C3ABCAA.jpeg

On 4/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, fosmith said:

Very Old Barton 100proof.  Have never seen VOB here in CA but it popped up on K&L's web site so I ordered a bottle.  Seems to be a crowd favorite here so I'm looking forward to trying it.  It was only $14.99 so not a big risk... 

Zero risk, all reward. VOB 100,  a well established bourbon of verifiable provenance for well under 20 bucks with  a really great flavor profile. With shelves bursting from the overload of “ craft” that is too often everything VOB 100 isn’t , I’ll wager you will be very pleased. I am still unhappy with Saz. for dropping the BIB designation but I cant deny its quality and value, forget value, its just damn good. Looking forward to your impressions, cheers!!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, beasled said:

A couple for the freezer as the weather has been heating up!

20200412_135857.jpg

lucky.

you still get the screw caps for safe horizontal storage.

39 minutes ago, 0895 said:

lucky.

you still get the screw caps for safe horizontal storage.

Oh dear have they gone cork over there?

I snagged a HMK 10 and a Weller 12 yesterday.  The W12 was a liter @ $55/bottle.  That's getting a bit steep for W12 for me.  But I need it to mix up some Poor Man's Pappy.

• I like it 2

Four Roses Small Batch Select. Went into Costco for some groceries (alas, no TP), and they had it priced low enough ($42.99) I couldn't say no to my curiosity. I am getting a ton of sweet cinnamon from the small glass I poured, and quite like it.

• I like it 4

On 4/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Soberiquet said:

Four Roses Small Batch Select. Went into Costco for some groceries (alas, no TP), and they had it priced low enough ($42.99) I couldn't say no to my curiosity. I am getting a ton of sweet cinnamon from the small glass I poured, and quite like it.

For $42, that's a good deal.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

For $42, that's a good deal.

Who are you kidding???  It's a GREAT deal!   ?

• I like it 5

That 4RSmBS is $48.99 when it pops up at Costcos in the SF Bay Area.........

• I like it 1

The lady at the local grocery liquor store held the Blanton's for me at local MSRP($59). I refuse to pay the $80-100 most stores price it at around here. I like it enough, but mostly keep a bottle around to pour for friends. The SFTB or Gold is another story.

20200413_183256.jpg

On 4/12/2020 at 5:00 PM, 0895 said:

Yeah, on the 750mls at least 

I had to check the freezer.  Screw top on the 1.75s.  Yes, I took a little nip.  Delish

• I like it 2

Florida ABC(a privately owned chain store, not to be confused with state run ABCs from other states) rewards program paid off for me this morning. I received an email invitation to access the virtual "vault" and purchase one item. I scored a William Larue Weller for $119! Happy day, now I have to wait for it to ship to my local store, which will be an even happier day. I have never tried WLW, let alone had the opportunity to purchase one at MSRP. I also found a 4RSB select on a shelf yesterday, first time it has showed up in FL, so I couldn't pass. Looking forward to cracking it tonight.

• I like it 2

In MI the state minimum price for FRSmBS is $59.99.  If I ever see one in the wild at that price, I think I'll give it a go.  At $42.99 it's an absolute go.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, GTStagg said:

Florida ABC(a privately owned chain store, not to be confused with state run ABCs from other states) rewards program paid off for me this morning. I received an email invitation to access the virtual "vault" and purchase one item. I scored a William Larue Weller for $119! Happy day, now I have to wait for it to ship to my local store, which will be an even happier day. I have never tried WLW, let alone had the opportunity to purchase one at MSRP. I also found a 4RSB select on a shelf yesterday, first time it has showed up in FL, so I couldn't pass. Looking forward to cracking it tonight.

I now hate you. :D  WLW is the one bottle of the BTAC collection I would really like to get my hands on.

E0068346-8128-48CC-BB84-B868B6CCB731.thumb.jpeg.90efb4cd49354dd4f1b1316d032ea1ab.jpeg

While out picking up some coffee creamer I stumbled on two bottles of Hancocks. I am super excited about my first Magnus which was gifted to me by one of my buddies. 

WT101 hit a new low on base. 21.80 that includes tax. 

had to buy 2. 

0EEF89CE-D252-444E-987A-992762D0D399.jpeg

• I like it 9

20 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

had to buy 2. 

$21.80 including tax? That is crazy talk. Buy everyone they have.

• I like it 2

57 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

had to buy 2. 

I thought the couple cases of 1L bottles of OGD BIB I got for slightly less than $15/bottle OTD was a heckuva deal.  WT101 handles for less than $22 all-in are an even better deal!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Picked this up today. My first time with both.

jUalgoc.jpg

A couple months ago I polished off a 10.5 year OESF that was all pecan pie filling on the palate. It was best about a week or two after the initial pour. I recall being underwhelmed by that first pour, but blown away when I revisited it a week later.

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, GTStagg said:

A couple months ago I polished off a 10.5 year OESF that was all pecan pie filling on the palate. It was best about a week or two after the initial pour. I recall being underwhelmed by that first pour, but blown away when I revisited it a week later.

I've had this recipe before from a sample, at least 2 years ago, really enjoyed it, that was my first time dealing with recipe's. Four Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition 2014 (11 Yr. Old) OESF (108.4 Proof). Hoping this will be pretty similar.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.