What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, JGriff said:

Little drive thru shopping today. 

87D64427-CE86-4E04-BFE0-80D805501A49.jpeg

And how is Jat doing?  Missed him on my last trip thru Atlanta last February on my way to the SECs at Auburn.  Still left a significant chunk of cash there after a small but sincere Saturday nite GBS meeting, tho'!   ?

On 4/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, Jazzhead said:

I  drove over to Jersey earlier this week to escape Pennsylvania prohibition,  and, duly masked,  found the first bottle I've seen of Four Roses Small Batch Select.   It's probably the best bourbon I've purchased this year,  balanced and simply bursting with flavor.  

I found one here in SW Florida for the first time as well and agree, very tasty. 

• I like it 1

So I didn’t purchase this today but was gifted from a friend for a retirement gift. I can’t say this is the most valuable monetary wise but definitely one of my most valuable in meaning. 

5AD57EA2-E2A9-48AD-ACB2-4B3957D39C81.jpeg

700E1E2E-A1C1-43EC-BE38-CE17C54F6A44.jpeg

• I like it 17

Picked up these. $54.99 and $20.99 respectively. My guy said since they have no active wholesale accounts (restaurants/bars) right now they have more things available.  I haven’t gotten that price on Blanton’s in quite a while.

A74D587F-4E6B-465A-93A0-12F008D6F4EA.jpeg

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

So I didn’t purchase this today but was gifted from a friend for a retirement gift. I can’t say this is the most valuable monetary wise but definitely one of my most valuable in meaning. 

5AD57EA2-E2A9-48AD-ACB2-4B3957D39C81.jpeg

700E1E2E-A1C1-43EC-BE38-CE17C54F6A44.jpeg

I usually don't go for 4R but at 77yrs old I'd probably try some? :) 

1 hour ago, Adam777 said:

Picked up these. $54.99 and $20.99 respectively. My guy said since they have no active wholesale accounts (restaurants/bars) right now they have more things available.  I haven’t gotten that price on Blanton’s in quite a while.

A74D587F-4E6B-465A-93A0-12F008D6F4EA.jpeg

You only paid $20.99 for the Blanton's???  WAAY kewl!   ?

• I like it 2

On 4/19/2020 at 7:05 AM, GeeTen said:

And how is Jat doing?  Missed him on my last trip thru Atlanta last February on my way to the SECs at Auburn.  Still left a significant chunk of cash there after a small but sincere Saturday nite GBS meeting, tho'!   ?

Looks to be doing very well.  I bet he’s glad he’s got the drive thru.  Nice dude.  

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, FacePlant said:

I usually don't go for 4R but at 77yrs old I'd probably try some? :) 

this bottle was from a charity event. The story is this was Al Young’s last barrel pick for the Ambassador program before passed. If someone has info on it I’d appreciate it. I have searched and cannot find anything. 

8 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

this bottle was from a charity event. The story is this was Al Young’s last barrel pick for the Ambassador program before passed. If someone has info on it I’d appreciate it. I have searched and cannot find anything. 

Not more information, but perhaps a bit of clarification. There is no Ambassador program at FR’s. What they do have there is the Mellow Moments Club. Al Young himself was the “Ambassador”. I believe his official title was Senior Brand Ambassador. I’m not sure about who did ps itself.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not more information, but perhaps a bit of clarification. There is no Ambassador program at FR’s. What they do have there is the Mellow Moments Club. Al Young himself was the “Ambassador”. I believe his official title was Senior Brand Ambassador. I’m not sure about who did ps itself.

Biba! Joe

Thanks Joe. I appreciate the info! I figured you folks here would have better info in this than I. 

I picked up a Yellowstone L.E. and another Rebel Yell S.B.    ...Mostly to help my local retailer's cash continue to turn over.

• I like it 3

So I posted last week that the rewards club I belong to at a chain store gave me access via email to select one allocated bottle online and I quickly logged in and was shocked to see William Larue Weller offered at retail in the month of April. This morning I got the email that it was ready for pickup at my local store. I immediately drove to the store and was even more shocked to find the bottle they sent me is the 2018 release, not the expected 2019. I am not complaining, it is after all, WLW at retail. Just surprised. 

20200423_122413.jpg

• I like it 12

15 minutes ago, GTStagg said:

So I posted last week that the rewards club I belong to at a chain store gave me access via email to select one allocated bottle online and I quickly logged in and was shocked to see William Larue Weller offered at retail in the month of April. This morning I got the email that it was ready for pickup at my local store. I immediately drove to the store and was even more shocked to find the bottle they sent me is the 2018 release, not the expected 2019. I am not complaining, it is after all, WLW at retail. Just surprised. 

I'm pretty sure you'll like the 2018.  ;)

Biba! Joe

BF5172F2-C95E-40F3-AAF4-72FA6C7044A8_1_105_c copy.jpg

55 minutes ago, GTStagg said:

20200423_122413.jpg

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.  Glad to hear you got one.

Picked up my KC SiB pick from a local group and then stopped by a great store (Smittys in Grand Rapids) and grabbed my first Blood Oath (Pact 6). A little expensive but never see them and figured I could splurge 

Didn’t purchase today, but went to pick up a couple Weller FP’s picks a local  whiskey restaurant/group did. Very excited to crack one open this weekend while watching somewhat relevant sports in the Draft. 

Can’t wait to see how my Lions screw up the #3 overall pick...

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, GTStagg said:

and was even more shocked to find the bottle they sent me is the 2018 release, not the expected 2019. I am not complaining, it is after all, WLW at retail. Just surprised. 

20200423_122413.jpg

Just my opinion, that you came out slightly ahead.

But I’m splitting hairs.

Picked up some hand sanitizer from my local distiller and a bottle while I was there. Hope they can weather this storm.

6A2A099D-D2C0-42A6-95FB-82511C06F450.jpeg

Haven't purchased anything since becoming my wife's (she's working from the house now) coffee boy and tech support. Coffee I'm good at. Tech support, well . . . she better hope her computer doesn't crash.

So today I finally made a purchase. It's special, but not for the reason you may think. I purchased a bottle of Booker's 2017-01 to give to my first grandson, who was born in 2017. The plan is to open it and drink it with him on his 21st birthday, if, the good Lord willing, I'm still around.

My purchase today . . . Booker's 2020-01. I'll leave it to you to figure the rest of it out.

BOOKERS.jpeg

• I like it 7

Picked up a few bottles after work. Not pictured it a KC CS rye from last year that the store had been given a few cases of recently. 

12CF1385-4764-4B16-88D3-AFDC14FAFB21.jpeg

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up a few bottles after work. Not pictured it a KC CS rye from last year that the store had been given a few cases of recently. 

12CF1385-4764-4B16-88D3-AFDC14FAFB21.jpeg

That's an entire bucket list for a lot of people.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

That's an entire bucket list for a lot of people.

I am gonna have to start me a bourbon/rye bucket list.  It seems very popular to have one these days.  Now to figure out what to put on it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.