What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Is it possible to have OCD and CRS at the same time?  ?

Why yes, I believe it is!   ?

1 minute ago, GeeTen said:

Why yes, I believe it is!   ?

You too? I guess I should have known. 

Biba! Ken

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s only 82 miles from my driveway to the parking lot of the Lincoln Park Binny’s. Even my new(er) SUV knows the way. Oh, and it’s 93 miles to the South Loop Store. Is it possible to have OCD and CRS at the same time?  ?

Biba! Joe

FYI Joe. The Binny's on Algonquin Road is only 45 miles from your house :) 

• I like it 2

Picked up a few Blanton’s to have when friends and family members who have a hard time finding it want a bottle, and a spare bottle of the 2018 KC CS rye. The rye impressed me enough after tasting it last week to get the spare. 

9D496450-1DA4-4B79-8406-D9E6130DD604.jpeg

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up a few Blanton’s to have when friends and family members who have a hard time finding it want a bottle, and a spare bottle of the 2018 KC CS rye. The rye impressed me enough after tasting it last week to get the spare. 

9D496450-1DA4-4B79-8406-D9E6130DD604.jpeg

How is that wp 18? Looks like you made a dent and I've been eyeing one on a shelf near me. That's a lot of Blanton's

Almost walked past this at Costco, and only stopped when I saw the price tag.  Thought Costco had raised their price be $6 to $26.99, then realized it was a 1L bottle rather than 750ml.  Can’t remember when was the last time I saw BT 1L bottles on a Costco shelf (or really, most anywhere here in CA).

RRSiB PS135F1C79-294B-4543-8F9F-07E4E6EB0B2C.thumb.jpeg.0e1ef4bd3dd9110d6083036590cd4438.jpeg alongside to provide perspective on the 1L bottle.

I just missed out on picking up a bottle of Blanton's at Costco earlier in the week. People were running out the store with it.  But, they had Eagle Rare and 1.75L of Buffalo Trace.  My guess is they only put out a case of each. From some of the photos above, it appears there as been a release. I will continue the hunt for a Blanton's since it seems to be out there.  But, my expectations are low.

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I just missed out on picking up a bottle of Blanton's at Costco earlier in the week. People were running out the store with it.  But, they had Eagle Rare and 1.75L of Buffalo Trace.  My guess is they only put out a case of each. From some of the photos above, it appears there as been a release. I will continue the hunt for a Blanton's since it seems to be out there.  But, my expectations are low.

Sorry mbroo. :mellow: I grabbed a ps EC, and a bottle of Blanton’s today. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

grrrr....for me, but slow clap, slow clap for you, my friend!  Well done!  Both would have went home with me as well.  I am always happy to see bourbon go to a good home, even if its not mine.  

3 hours ago, Mattk said:

How is that wp 18? Looks like you made a dent and I've been eyeing one on a shelf near me. That's a lot of Blanton's

The 18 is delicious, and far too easy to drink.  It is not as good as the Boss Hogs, but to me very little are.

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

grrrr....for me, but slow clap, slow clap for you, my friend!  Well done!  Both would have went home with me as well.  I am always happy to see bourbon go to a good home, even if its not mine.  

Thanks brother. As always, I only stopped in to look. I was actually surprised to see both. Since it’s been over two months since I’ve purchased anything, I caved. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

On 4/30/2020 at 9:18 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I've been getting hooked on ps EC lately. No matter where my tastes wonder I will come back and finish the evening with the EC pick. It never fails to hit all the right notes. He offered me a 6pk price @ $27 per and I'm glad I bunkered up. Only a bargain because it's SOOOO good! 

Thread specific I picked up a W12 and an Elk Rye. He's choking on the Elk so I pitched in since I did the pick. The juice is good-the price is absurd.  

On 4/30/2020 at 10:18 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I grabbed a ps EC, and a bottle of Blanton’s today. 

Biba! Joe

Impressive Joe! You do know that there isn't any wheat in them thar whiskies? ?

• I like it 1

My first whiskey purchases since February.  I still remembered how to do it. ?

20200502_184457.jpg

• I like it 10

57 minutes ago, Kepler said:

My first whiskey purchases since February.  I still remembered how to do it. ?

20200502_184457.jpg

On the wilderness trail. Look for the 15D17 it was particularly great. To the lesser extent they have a 15D1720B out right now that is close. I'm sure everything they put out is amazing. How does that bottle taste? I went into some detail on mine in tastings. I'd love to hear about your bottle.

• I like it 1

I’ve been pretty good the last few months about keeping my buying in check, but this week went awry.

The NRSB was actually given to me by a friend for helping him out.  He has an open of the same barrel and we both really like it.

Really excited to get drawn in a local lottery for the Weller pick.

The BT is one of those liter bottles that probably should have been destined for a restaurant.

4C6B2310-8986-4004-B965-E5AEAB2E9716.jpeg

• I like it 2

Just now, Mattk said:

On the wilderness trail. Look for the 15D17 it was particularly great. To the lesser extent they have a 15D1720B out right now that is close. I'm sure everything they put out is amazing. How does that bottle taste? I went into some detail on mine in tastings. I'd love to hear about your bottle.

Thanks for the tip.  I haven't opened it yet but I look forward to taking it for a spin soon. Will let you know.

18 hours ago, Kepler said:

Thanks for the tip.  I haven't opened it yet but I look forward to taking it for a spin soon. Will let you know.

I have a bottle that is about the hottest whiskey I’ve had in some time (15L21). Some nice flavors, but the heat on it is almost unbearable.  Truly fire water.  Surprising to me as it is a pretty low proof BP.  

OK, the Brough Bros. was purchased as a gag gift.  I mean really!  Aged at least 6 months & distilled in Indiana.  Screams "quality" doesn't it?  ?

39 minutes ago, kypix said:

20200505_191611.jpg

Manny, Moe, and Jack???  

4 hours ago, kypix said:

OK, the Brough Bros. was purchased as a gag gift.  I mean really!  Aged at least 6 months & distilled in Indiana.  Screams "quality" doesn't it?  ?

Hrrmmppph...can't speak for the age but some really good whiskey is distilled in Indiana.  ?

6 months?  I have held farts longer than that.  I don't suggest trying that at home.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.