What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

So, I did the best thing...I bought a bottle on Thursday!  ?.  

Pro tip of the day right here. Good move Joe

Went in to pick up the 3 new arrivals on the right. They had the Weller 12 for me in the special room "if I wanted it". Opened the Rebel Distiller's Collection tonight. I like it after the first pour. Only $35 for this and I will need to pick up some more. Recommend this if you like wheaters.

IMG_0518.jpg

1 hour ago, BoilerinIL said:

Went in to pick up the 3 new arrivals on the right. They had the Weller 12 for me in the special room "if I wanted it". Opened the Rebel Distiller's Collection tonight. I like it after the first pour. Only $35 for this and I will need to pick up some more. Recommend this if you like wheaters.

What's the age statement of the Rebel Distiller's Collection?

Recently pick up a Rebel Distillers Collection, have yet to open it. How or what would you compare it to. 

On 7/31/2020 at 11:49 PM, Kepler said:

I'd be interested to hear your impressions on those picks from those warehouses whenever you get around to opening them. I dunno, maybe I'm starting to get a little bored with rarebird as the the one and only voice for RRSiB opinions...

Two very different profiles, both good pours. The S is smooth, vanilla/Carmel. The G has a lot more WT spice 

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Two very different profiles, both good pours. The S is smooth, vanilla/Carmel. The G has a lot more WT spice 

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm not sure if I've ever had any from either of these rickhouses before or not.  Although my non-store picks didn't mention the rickhouse the barrel was from. I will keep a lookout.

10 hours ago, BoilerinIL said:

IMG_0518.jpg

Let us know how the Yellowstone its too - that looks like it has some extra proof on it compared to the usual?

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

What's the age statement of the Rebel Distiller's Collection?

Label has a barreled on date of 9/26/14 so that puts it at 5 years. No bottled on date so I don't know how close it got to 6 years.

9 hours ago, BourbonHog said:

Recently pick up a Rebel Distillers Collection, have yet to open it. How or what would you compare it to. 

I was just enjoying it for what it is on the first pour. Really liked it but it didn't immediately remind me of anything else. Maybe once I have it a few more times I could answer that. But I wouldn't count on it as I typically just focus on what I am drinking, liking or disliking it for what it is, and don't try to think of comps.

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Let us know how the Yellowstone its too - that looks like it has some extra proof on it compared to the usual?

The Yellowstone will probably be opened today. I'll let you know how it is. You are right about the extra proof. Bought a store pick last year, it was 93 proof (had to check my spreadsheet for that, wasn't sure if 93 or 94), and it was good. They did 6 picks this year and they are proofed from 109-115. This is at 115.

5 hours ago, BoilerinIL said:

The Yellowstone will probably be opened today. I'll let you know how it is. You are right about the extra proof. Bought a store pick last year, it was 93 proof (had to check my spreadsheet for that, wasn't sure if 93 or 94), and it was good. They did 6 picks this year and they are proofed from 109-115. This is at 115.

I just bought one on my last visit to the distillery - recognized the label.   It was fantastic!   Flavor bomb.

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

I just bought one on my last visit to the distillery - recognized the label.   It was fantastic!   Flavor bomb.

I like the 115 proof 5 year better than the 93 proof 4 year. The 4 year old still tasted somewhat young. I liked it but the flavor was lighter. It was almost scotch-like in that the barrel didn't seem to have much influence. This has all of the typical bourbon scents and flavors. It is very vanilla heavy on the nose. I still taste something that is the younger bourbon, or maybe it is their yeast, initially but it fades to cinnamon. My wife called it a grassyness in the first few sips. Overall, an improvement from my prior bottle.

2 bottles of Beam distillers cut. what a great bargain at $18. to bad they dont come in handles.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, john E said:

2 bottles of Beam distillers cut. what a great bargain at $18. to bad they dont come in handles.

That is incredible.  To me it reminds of a fuller JBBiB.

8 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

That is incredible.  To me it reminds of a fuller JBBiB.

Agreed!  Distiller's Cut is way better than the JB BiB.  

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, kypix said:

Stopped by my neighborhood Kroger today.  Glad I did.  Picked up these three.

kroger.jpg

What did they charge, if I might ask for the ER, and for the H. McK 10?

2 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

Picked up a EHT bonded and a makers private select for 75 each. 

Col. E H Taylor Small Batch BIB for $75?? Wow. Should be around $40. The Single Barrel hits around $70.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

What did they charge, if I might ask for the ER, and for the H. McK 10?

ER was $29.99, McK $36.99 and Taylor $39.99.  Prices seemed fair to me.

I was pleasantly surprised to see all three at Kroger of all places.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Col. E H Taylor Small Batch BIB for $75?? Wow. Should be around $40. The Single Barrel hits around $70.

For some reason 70-80 is normal in this part of ky. WSR is 40-50 and blantons i have seen is all 130-150 up. I obviously pass on the blantons.

8 hours ago, kypix said:

ER was $29.99, McK $36.99 and Taylor $39.99.  Prices seemed fair to me.

I was pleasantly surprised to see all three at Kroger of all places.

Given today's Bourbon market nationwide, I'd absolutely agree.   Those would be great prices in most areas.

Bought the first ECBP B520 I’ve seen in my area along with a CEHT small batch. 

The neck pour on the B520 was nice with ice on a hot afternoon. I’ll let it sit for a while before I try a side by side with A120.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.