What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Friend with Costco benefits. Couldn't throw this in her cart fast enough last night. 

IMG_7694.jpg

Edited by Tulse
  • I like it 6

On 7/26/2020 at 7:11 AM, fosmith said:

I was nursing this but got an email from Third Base saying it was back intock so I ordered a couple of bottles and one $16 bottle of Larceny to spread out the shipping cost.  For a craft rye, this does not smell or taste "craft".  Just damn good.  Even my wife loves it and she's not a whiskey drinker.  And, at $30, it's priced reasonably, too.

3 hours ago, Tulse said:

Friend with Costco benefits. Couldn't throw this in her cart fast enough last night. 

IMG_7694.jpg

Can we have the price and Costco item number?  Thanks.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, IamMatt said:

Can we have the price and Costco item number?  Thanks.

$69.99 

Skew is:

81128 20244

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Tulse said:

In many states, including Calif., you can buy alcohol at Costco without a membership.  Something in the law about liquor stores not being allowed to have a membership requirement.  Just tell the person checking cards at the door that you're just buying alcohol and head on in... 

edit: Do a Google search first to verify that you can do this in your state...

Edited by fosmith
  • I like it 2

Going on a little socially-distanced vacation and do not want to have to visit any stores when I'm at my destination, so I had to pick up something to bring with me.  Easy decision: 1L WT101 FTW!

• I like it 4

That OF 1920 and 100pf pack was offered by Costco last year around the holiday season IIRC.  They didn’t sell that well, so a $15 discount was subsequently offered for a period of time.  Then they were removed.  I had been hoping they’d go on a final markdown, and wondered if OF took them back instead.  Looks like they may have agreed to store them, and bust them out once again.  

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, fosmith said:

In many states, including Calif., you can buy alcohol at Costco without a membership.  Something in the law about liquor stores not being allowed to have a membership requirement.  Just tell the person checking cards at the door that you're just buying alcohol and head on in... 

This is true in Minnesota as well. Anyone can walk into the liquor store at a Costco or Sam’s Club without being a member 

37 minutes ago, Tulse said:

$69.99 

Skew is:

81128 20244

Thanks.  Looks like Costco only has searching by Item Number, not SKU.  I found some pix online with an item # of 1645570 but no hits when I search.  Looks like I'll have to take a drive today.

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

I did see that. LA isn't on the list or included as far as I know. I get my friend to video the booze (and annoy her incessantly :)) when she goes, which is like every week.  I wish Sam's club was better about bourbon. 

I also picked up the Bulleit Single Barrel Costco pick ($49.99) from her she bought for me a few weeks ago. Plenty of that left. I'm cracking that tonight. An LS has the same but their pick is from New Orleans Bourbon Fest. 

juan Sample II back label III (1 of 1)-6.jpg

Edited by Tulse

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

This is true in Minnesota as well. Anyone can walk into the liquor store at a Costco or Sam’s Club without being a member 

True in Missouri also but we don't have a separate "liquor store" section of Sam's or Costco here.  It's just part of the overall store.  So be prepared for push-back, visit the customer service desk, etc.

27 minutes ago, Clueby said:

True in Missouri also but we don't have a separate "liquor store" section of Sam's or Costco here.  It's just part of the overall store.  So be prepared for push-back, visit the customer service desk, etc.

Pretty much the same story here in Illinois. From past experiences before I was a Costco member, the Costco stores in Wisconsin can be a bit of a pain for non-members.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:43 AM, BoilerinIL said:

Label has a barreled on date of 9/26/14 so that puts it at 5 years. No bottled on date so I don't know how close it got to 6 years.

Thanks for the info 

Going old school today. As mentioned in VBT #734 this is my cherry bomb and I prefer it over the new slick 8.5yr. From my fav retailer. :) 

IMG_1617.thumb.jpg.4821dff1b1a624b872b3fd02e8b9f051.jpg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Going old school today. As mentioned in VBT #734 this is my cherry bomb and I prefer it over the new slick 8.5yr. From my fav retailer. :) 

IMG_1617.thumb.jpg.4821dff1b1a624b872b3fd02e8b9f051.jpg

I still have one myself but I continue to get that peanut profile pretty consistently. It drinks hot for being only 107 but solid and full bodied for sure.

The Book is back… didn't expect to see this release so early in the year.

IMG_4905.thumb.jpg.5cd813be575400550e07b7f504d834c4.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

The Book is back… didn't expect to see this release so early in the year.

IMG_4905.thumb.jpg.5cd813be575400550e07b7f504d834c4.jpg

Let us know your thoughts, brown rice bourbon sounds less than exciting to me but still curious.

Added four new bottles today. Nothing special, but added WTRB, a bottle of KCSB State Pick, and another ECBP B520 because it is still around and still a good price. Last but not least, managed to land my hands on a bottle of Blanton's as well.

Edited by elmossle
  • I like it 1

10 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Let us know your thoughts, brown rice bourbon sounds less than exciting to me but still curious.

Brown rice huh?  They must have some surplus Brown Rice 'Signature Craft' series from several years ago that they want to dump into a new tater release. I think I may have a bottle of the brown rice Signature Craft version somewhere deep in the bunker. I have a handful but I can't remember exactly which mashbills I bought on sale. I'll have to fish it out soon to see if it's any good.

I really liked the 'High Rye' SC version.  11 year age stated, I assume OGD/BH mashbill. 

1 hour ago, elmossle said:

Added four new bottles today. Nothing special, but added WTRB, a bottle of KCSB State Pick, and another ECBP B520 because it is still around and still a good price. Last but not least, managed to land my hands on a bottle of Blanton's as well.

I think the first three are pretty special!

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, Kepler said:

Brown rice huh?  They must have some surplus Brown Rice 'Signature Craft' series from several years ago that they want to dump into a new tater release. I think I may have a bottle of the brown rice Signature Craft version somewhere deep in the bunker. I have a handful but I can't remember exactly which mashbills I bought on sale. I'll have to fish it out soon to see if it's any good.

I really liked the 'High Rye' SC version.  11 year age stated, I assume OGD/BH mashbill. 

The Brown Rice component is only 4 years old so they must be still making it.  Or maybe it's been tanked from the original release! Haha

LB1 did not interest me and was an easy pass.  I bought LB2 and enjoyed it as a unique and very tasty whiskey.  LB3 was one of my top three pours for 2019, I thought it was deep and layered with flavors and a fantastic representation of the Beam SmB collection at increased age and at barrel proof.  

This one is right back to LB1.  Not terribly interested in this blend at this price point.  I will have to try before considering picking this one up.  

At the suggestion of another SB'r, I sent Mrs. Clueby to the store to pick up a SAOS. Told her it had to be a Sarah bottle. :) She apparently got the last Sarah and decided to pick up a James as well.

20200807_191849.jpg

20200807_182944.jpg

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, Clueby said:

At the suggestion of another SB'r, I sent Mrs. Clueby to the store to pick up a SAOS. Told her it had to be a Sarah bottle. :) She apparently got the last Sarah and decided to pick up a James as well.

20200807_191849.jpg

20200807_182944.jpg

She did well as she thought outside the box and gave a James bottle the benefit of the doubt.  Just like they did on Hee Haw, she deserves a "Salute."

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Just like they did on Hee Haw, she deserves a "Salute."

I always tell people that where I come from, Hee Haw is considered a documentary. 

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I always tell people that where I come from, Hee Haw is considered a documentary. 

???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.