What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Did you look at the back of that EC? For a short bit they had the 12 year age statement on that label. 

No mention of 12 year.  I initially passed on this b/c of that, as well as the fact it was priced at $65.99.  @fosmith said I should still get it, based on the likelihood it’s got older aged juice than the current EC SmB iteration.  Went back, and they’d marked it down to same $59.99 price as the current EC SmB they had on the shelf.  

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Nice price on that Baker's. Is that the SmB or a SiB? 

Is tge Wilderness Trail the wheater or the rye bourbon? I've boon looking forward to trying the rye bourbon. 

Basic SmB for the Baker’s.  Wild T mash bill on the bottle is 64% corn, 24 rye, and 12 malted barley barreled @ 110 proof.  Batch 15A01.

7 minutes ago, afmadd said:

0.thumb.jpg.a3b8bd08a99d8631f5f35f872f537d9e.jpg

First Four Roses barrel strength.  Pretty excited.

A popular choice around here. What is the recipe and age?

2 hours ago, SteveoT said:

Picked up another bottle that’s new for me today.  I haven’t seen the B520 in my area yet, although they had a few in stock (maybe 5-6 bottles) I had to jump on it before they were gone.  Retail today at $49.99.

3CE06209-A8F2-4AD2-902E-478D874F2E43.jpeg

That's a great price!

1 hour ago, parksmart said:

No mention of 12 year.  I initially passed on this b/c of that, as well as the fact it was priced at $65.99.  @fosmith said I should still get it, based on the likelihood it’s got older aged juice than the current EC SmB iteration.  Went back, and they’d marked it down to same $59.99 price as the current EC SmB they had on the shelf.  

I actually liked the initial NAS versions for the first few years.  The last few have been average.  $59.99 for a 1.75L NAS in the old style bottle is a great price!

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

24 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

A popular choice around here. What is the recipe and age?

OESV.  10 years, 6 months.  Blackwell's Wines & Spirits pick.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, afmadd said:

0.thumb.jpg.a3b8bd08a99d8631f5f35f872f537d9e.jpg

First Four Roses barrel strength.  Pretty excited.

32 minutes ago, afmadd said:

OESV.  10 years, 6 months.  Blackwell's Wines & Spirits pick.

Some folks love the higher proofed barrels from the 6th tier. I personally prefer the lower proofed barrels from the bottom 2 tiers. Plus I love OESV, which you found one from the 1st tier. I bet that'll be a fantastic bourbon you have there. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Bret Bret said:

Been a while, but snagged the ETL in the wild, msrp $37.99.

Lovin it...

1008201352.jpg

Please describe where this “wild” is??  What state!

1 hour ago, SteveoT said:

Wouldn't happen to be near Cleveland, would it?

yes - do tell - LOL

I believe I have found my new favorite in the Double Oaked. Fantastic pour and the nose is drenched in vanilla

spacer.png

Stopped at The Party Source on the way from Cincy, picked up handle of Fighting Cock and RY100.  

• I like it 2

OF100 was already on the short list for my weekly pickup, but when I saw these two on sale for $55 it was a no brainer!

9437807D-9D3B-438D-8D47-763787C38F31.jpeg

• I like it 9

27 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

OF100 was already on the short list for my weekly pickup, but when I saw these two on sale for $55 it was a no brainer!

Costco?

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Costco?

Binnys.  I almost bought a couple as they would make perfect gifts, but I am in penny pinching mode at the moment. 

• I like it 1

Those OF two packs were at Costcos last year, and definitely didn’t sell through.  Looks like they took them back, and redistributed them.  

Good price for the pair @ $55!  

• I like it 1

I know times are tough, but I can hardly wait for the new  Binny’s to open here in Rockford. Not sure what the delay was/is, but they originally were scheduled to open at the end of last month. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I know times are tough, but I can hardly wait for the new  Binny’s to open here in Rockford. Not sure what the delay was/is, but they originally were scheduled to open at the end of last month. 

Biba! Joe

Where in Rockford?

8 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Wow great deal

Bought this online yesterday and it arrived this morning.  1792 BiB is pretty scarce here much less a store pick.  Probably overpaid at $45+tax and $10 shipping (half the cost for two bottles) but hey, it's not something I see on the shelf every day.  :)

1792BiB.jpg

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

Bought this online yesterday and it arrived this morning.  1792 BiB is pretty scarce here much less a store pick.  Probably overpaid at $45+tax and $10 shipping (half the cost for two bottles) but hey, it's not something I see on the shelf every day.  :)

1792BiB.jpg

Nice purchase,  even at that price.   I had a Canal's store pick early this summer,  and it didn't last long.     Wish I could find another.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.