What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Is that the same bottle in different colors? ?

I guess if you drank enough it could be. ?

15 hours ago, Clueby said:

Drop a small little chip of ice in there. It's one that really opens up with a tiny bit of water or ice.

I tried that. You're absolutely correct. It seems like 85-90 proof is perfect 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Is that the same bottle in different colors? ?

You starting early today FP?  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I'm a little late in posting but last weekend the wife and I stumbled upon a bar with one of the largest whiskey offerings in the world.  Over 3600 bottles according to our waiter.  My wife (she's a keeper) said, "order something you'd like to try for  yourself, and order something else you'd like to try for me." So we did that twice.

image.png.3dc24e1301102e68c6bf7d8cd5c1a6be.png

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Tonight I went with one that I like but most folks don’t seem to agree. 

354C3C30-B5E7-4FD5-B3B9-654B104DE94D.jpeg

Shhhhhh, the Wanna Be Turkey Taters are listening ?  

I like Diamond. It has some serious age. Underrated. 

How I enjoy Diamond the most is to blend it with WTRB 112.8. The sum of the parts far exceeds the individuals. Very tasty. 

Big  shout out to @Kepler for inviting this delicious & creative 

vatting. 

Cheers

On 9/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, Patrick_OKC said:

I am enjoying it. I actually bought it in the great state of OK!

Pat

The Great State of Oklahoma represents. ?  I never saw it in Oklahoma. I picked up mine in Texas. Enjoy. 

Cheers

For once,  the beach is still and the stars are appearing like prodigal diamonds.    John J. Bowman gets the call for sunset duties.   An easy detail,  life is good with this most classic of bourbons.   

• I like it 3

I'm back to the Benchmark Bonded (because it's open).  I call this a quality well bourbon - you can drink without mixing with anything.  It's fine for someone that wants something not too complicated.

My son cooked my birthday dinner tonight.  Before dinner, Little Book, with dinner, Stagg Jr.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

WTKS PS. A recent bottle. Lots of classic WT spice 

Cheers

2nd pour of above.  Fun bottle 

18 hours ago, IamMatt said:

I'm a little late in posting but last weekend the wife and I stumbled upon a bar with one of the largest whiskey offerings in the world.  Over 3600 bottles according to our waiter.  My wife (she's a keeper) said, "order something you'd like to try for  yourself, and order something else you'd like to try for me." So we did that twice.

If this wasn't where you went, Beer Baron in downtown Pleasanton has a great selection of bourbon and the pours are reasonably priced for the most part. 

Wrong direction, this was in San Diego.  I am overdue for trip back to Berkeley, though, and will keep it in mind.

1 minute ago, IamMatt said:

Wrong direction, this was in San Diego.  I am overdue for trip back to Berkeley, though, and will keep it in mind.

Oops!  My bad.  When I saw South Bay, CA in your profile, I thought So. SF bay.  Looking more carefully, I see you're in SoCal.

I am getting old. Many times, my mind is thinking, "I would really enjoy a drink right now,", but my stomach replies, "No."

So, with the cool Fall weather starting, last evening I poured a shot of Four Roses Single-Barrel. It was delicious, maybe one of the best bourbons I have ever tasted, with a thick mouthfeel and a wonderful, sweet flavor.

• I like it 1

Yes, I'm in the "real" South Bay lol.

When I lived in Berkeley in the 1960s-1970s, I don't remember ever hearing about a northern California South Bay.  Not sure when it picked up that appellation. 

46 minutes ago, ratcheer said:

I am getting old. Many times, my mind is thinking, "I would really enjoy a drink right now,", but my stomach replies, "No."

So, with the cool Fall weather starting, last evening I poured a shot of Four Roses Single-Barrel. It was delicious, maybe one of the best bourbons I have ever tasted, with a thick mouthfeel and a wonderful, sweet flavor.

Geez Tim. You’re kinda making me feel a little guilty for passing on a FRSB yesterday. ?  Oh well. We do have to go out later. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

My experience with FRSB is they are always at least good.  Once in a while you get a barrel that stands out.

23 hours ago, IamMatt said:

image.png.3dc24e1301102e68c6bf7d8cd5c1a6be.png

are those prices by the pour? ?

Which Remus did you try?

6 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Yes, I'm in the "real" South Bay lol.

When I lived in Berkeley in the 1960s-1970s, I don't remember ever hearing about a northern California South Bay.  Not sure when it picked up that appellation. 

When NorCal SouthBay became the center of the tech universe....... ?

• I like it 1

On 10/2/2020 at 12:32 AM, Jfletchgu said:

Grabbed this budget BIB on my way through Kentucky. I approve. Solid $25 bottle IMO. I think it may be a KY only release though.

IMG_2656~2.jpg

I've seen it at a couple LS here in the Baltimore metro area. Reasonably priced and a solid, cheap,  pour.

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

are those prices by the pour? ?

Which Remus did you try?

Yes, a little pricey but they were a generous pour and worth it to try before spending on a bottle.  Plus the Ezra was the old bottle (101 proof, IIRC) that is discontinued; Stagg Jr is rare and usually at least $100 near me; Remus is not in stores near me AFAIK (it was Repeal Reserve but I forget which Series); and I wanted to try the Belle Meade to see if it was worth buying a bottle.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.