What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/3/2020 at 2:10 PM, IamMatt said:

I'm a little late in posting but last weekend the wife and I stumbled upon a bar with one of the largest whiskey offerings in the world.  Over 3600 bottles according to our waiter.  My wife (she's a keeper) said, "order something you'd like to try for  yourself, and order something else you'd like to try for me." So we did that twice.

image.png.3dc24e1301102e68c6bf7d8cd5c1a6be.png

In Vegas a couple years ago we were at a fairly nice place for dinner with a vendor and they had Stagg Jr. for $9 a (generous) pour. Kept going till the bottle ran out. What happens in Vegas...apparently ends up on SB!

• I like it 1

I like these bars.  few years ago I got many arcane small distillery samples for $9 or less.  It was great.  but friend was at bourbon bar last year that offered iron fist for $1k/1oz, I have to concur, it is that good.  

The Bourbon ? doesn’t matter tonight, but it’s an appropriate good bye drink...RIP Eddie Van Halen, thanks for all the GREAT tunes I grew up with. ? 

• I like it 4

Having some woodford double oaked tonight. I get a starbucks vanilla flavored drink note on taste in the glencairn that turns into plain coffee in a shot glass. I have been passing on this bottle since i didnt care for woodford and picked up a 375ml and love it.

• I like it 3

It's BIBs tonight. Old Forester, Old Tub, and EW. All good, and not a stinker the bunch. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

On a beautiful afternoon, finished the last bottle of Baker's on the swing. Fortunately, on Monday we will be in Lexington to restock the bourbon supply depleted during Covid. The cabinet has not been this empty looking in well over 10 years. Hope it never gets this pathetic ever again. Neighbor Craig stopped by and I am really proud of the Christian charity it took to pour him a couple ECs. (The Baker's was gone by the time he showed up.)

• I like it 1

Getting ready for another hurricane, having some WJ 12y Store Pick tonight. Really like this bottle. Very good. 

Lil B Ch. 3 - I'm happy I picked this one up. I like Beams profile and after a yr or so air time it's still wonderful.

Edited by ABVT
  • I like it 1

I realized this evening that my son's Fall Break starts tomorrow.  That means my Fall Break starts tonight.  I went to the bunker for something good - came out with KCSB.  With just a little dilution this turns into cinnamon roll with creamy butter and brown sugar.  This was from a barrel with no info, other than (at least) 9 years.  I've never had from a barrel of KCSB I didn't like, some variety, but all good.

• I like it 1

On 10/7/2020 at 11:17 PM, LCWoody said:

Getting ready for another hurricane, having some WJ 12y Store Pick tonight. Really like this bottle. Very good. 

LC,  

hope you and the family are safe. Louisiana is really getting pounded this year. 

• I like it 1

On 10/7/2020 at 10:17 PM, LCWoody said:

Good luck & prayers for you all, that the storm weakens and goes elsewhere. 

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

LC,  

hope you and the family are safe. Louisiana is really getting pounded this year. 

6 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Good luck & prayers for you all, that the storm weakens and goes elsewhere. 

My thoughts will be with you and yours also. Take care, stay safe.

Joe

• I like it 1

Two days ago I was lamenting the state of my Covid Cabinet but consoling myself with the knowledge that we would be passing through Lexington on Monday. This afternoon I found that last bottle of Stagg Jr. at the very back of the cabinet on the bottom shelf. I think this is the last of the five bottles we got in Houston in '17. Overlooked this long because my knees and back don't like to go down to the bottom shelf on a regular basis. Still, at 65% ABV, with judicious sipping, it might well last until Monday. (Theoretically, I have no objection to "bottom shelf" bourbon as long as it does not require bending over.)

• I like it 1

52 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

Two days ago I was lamenting the state of my Covid Cabinet but consoling myself with the knowledge that we would be passing through Lexington on Monday. This afternoon I found that last bottle of Stagg Jr. at the very back of the cabinet on the bottom shelf. I think this is the last of the five bottles we got in Houston in '17. Overlooked this long because my knees and back don't like to go down to the bottom shelf on a regular basis. Still, at 65% ABV, with judicious sipping, it might well last until Monday. (Theoretically, I have no objection to "bottom shelf" bourbon as long as it does not require bending over.)

I’m right there with you FF. I’ve moved a few things around a little in my cabinet so I don’t have to bend over as much. FWIW, my shoulder is better/fixed. However, there might be  (as my work conditioning therapist put it) a “knee in a bag” in my future. Possibly two. It sucks getting old. <_<

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It sucks getting old. <_<

Biba! Joe

Still, it beats the alternative. Stay vertical, my friend. And say another prayer for Woodie. Things are looking ominous in his neighborhood. Again.

7 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

Still, it beats the alternative. Stay vertical, my friend. And say another prayer for Woodie. Things are looking ominous in his neighborhood. Again.

I’m hangin’ FF, I’m hangin’. ?

Mother Nature is a fickle mistress. She, and this year has been a bitch for a lotta people. We made it through the derecho here none the worse for wear, but my thoughts are sincerely with those that haven’t been as lucky. 

Biba! Joe

Poured myself some JM Cigar Blend to celebrate a very unexpected ALDS win for the Astros.  I realize not a popular outcome for many across the country, but sticking with my team; tomorrow is another day. ?

Go Stros ⚾ ☄️⭐

• I like it 2

W12 and WT101 for me tonight. I could probably live with that combo exclusively if I had to.  Yay for the weekend!

• I like it 2

30 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

W12 and WT101 for me tonight. I could probably live with that combo exclusively if I had to.  Yay for the weekend!

Agree, those two cover a lot of ground for sure. Good combination. 

• I like it 1

Looks like there are 750,000 people without power in SWLouisiana.   Many will likely be out for weeks. Hope LC is doing okay. 

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

Agree, those two cover a lot of ground for sure. Good combination. 

Now if only I could stock up on Weller 12 as easily as I can the Turkey! Alas, this W12 is getting pretty low, but I thankfully have a backup.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.