What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/13/2021 at 4:15 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

.....and managed to mule a bottle of Mellow Corn! Well done!

On 3/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, parksmart said:

Nice haul, and hope your friends appreciate you muling their bottles back!  How much are the EW 12 year going for nowadays at the gift shop?

On 3/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, PaulO said:

What are the EWSB with pink tops.

Haha, yes the MC was for one of the guys who says he can't get it in their store!  Told him that was my favorite summer "boat bourbon"  Toss in the bottom of the cooler and you will be a happy man when you find it all chilled at the bottom!

The EC12 were indeed $129 as @FasterHorses indicated.  They did not have any 23 year and did pour us a sample of the Master Blend and the 12 yr 101 in the shop.  The MB was just ok to my palate felt like the older juice is from very oaky barrels.  The 12 year was absolute fire and everyone jumped on a bottle after trying.  Lots of that on shelf.

The Pink EW is indeed this years Pegasus Derby Bottle and was released the day we were in there.  Pretty cool looking distillery only bottle and at 115pf made the $70 tag ok for a vacation splurge.  Despite the younger ages and low proof  I am a fan of the EW SiB and will like to see what a higher proof bottling will be like.  

Also, lots of ECBP A212 at the EW Distillery think $70ish.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Haha, yes the MC was for one of the guys who says he can't get it in their store!  Told him that was my favorite summer "boat bourbon"  Toss in the bottom of the cooler and you will be a happy man when you find it all chilled at the bottom!

The EC12 were indeed $129 as @FasterHorses indicated.  They did not have any 23 year and did pour us a sample of the Master Blend and the 12 yr 101 in the shop.  The MB was just ok to my palate felt like the older juice is from very oaky barrels.  The 12 year was absolute fire and everyone jumped on a bottle after trying.  Lots of that on shelf.

The Pink EW is indeed this years Pegasus Derby Bottle and was released the day we were in there.  Pretty cool looking distillery only bottle and at 115pf made the $70 tag ok for a vacation splurge.  Despite the younger ages and low proof  I am a fan of the EW SiB and will like to see what a higher proof bottling will be like.  

Also, lots of ECBP A212 at the EW Distillery think $70ish.

LOL!   I'm a Mellow Corn whore, and all of my bourbon friends mock me for it.  Fuck 'em!  I love the stuff.  That oily corn-forward goodness hits a spot, that more refined, and expensive, whiskey's can't seem to touch.

I would've snagged a few of those Pegasus bottles too.   The 12 year is really good and I regret not picking up a few bottles on our last trip.  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I would've snagged a few of those Pegasus bottles too.   The 12 year is really good and I regret not picking up a few bottles on our last trip.  

Pegasus was 1x per person.  EC 12 was 2x limit.  Three of us bought one each and then I had our 4th guy buy the pair for my cousin in VA.  @parksmart style.  My cousin is going to have to drive out sometime this year to take his 20 or so bottles that I am holding.  We joke that even at MSRP my reimbursement costs is going to feel like a big payday!

• I like it 2

On 3/10/2021 at 3:33 PM, Kyjd75 said:

Bardstown Bourbon Company is definitely worth a visit.  It's an amazing place.  Great restaurant, gift shop and lots of friendly and helpful people.  One of my favorite places (along with the Bar at Willett).

On 3/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, smokinjoe said:

BBC has the best restaurant in Bardstown, IMO.  👍🏻

On 3/11/2021 at 6:25 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

The fried chicken is a religious experience....

We visited BBC last Wednesday and I can confirm all of the above are accurate.  We got the Waygu burger, Fried Chicken Sandwich, Club Sandwich and Fried Chicken Dinner. Pork Skins, Poutine, Brussel Sprouts and a salad as apps.  Sandwiches quartered so we could all get a piece.  So good across the board, but the FC Sandwich was my winner.  

Drink wise we were lucky to try some of the Discovery Series #5 batch.  Really good with 17 year Dickel as the oldest component.  No minerality or vitamin-ness.  Impressed.  Did not to the BA cocktail as we were headed to BT next for barrel picks and tried to be responsible.  No worries though as the BBC group sent us home with some nice SWAG including small 2 cocktail bottles of BA Old Fashioned.  Will give those a go with the wife sometime this week and post up a picture.    

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

LOL!   I'm a Mellow Corn whore, and all of my bourbon friends mock me for it.  Fuck 'em!  I love the stuff.  That oily corn-forward goodness hits a spot, that more refined, and expensive, whiskey's can't seem to touch.

I am not an MC Whore, but I do like a little on the side!!! 😁 It's kinda a kool change of pacer...

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

That’s what she said. 🤪

Nope, not goin' there. Not touchin' that. Nope, nope, nope.  I want to live to get back to The Gazebo someday!   😖

• I like it 2

48 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Nope, not goin' there. Not touchin' that. Nope, nope, nope.  I want to live to get back to The Gazebo someday!   😖

Aw c’mon man. 😉

• I like it 3

Picked up these two, and a bottle of Maker's Mark FAE-01 2021 Ltd Edition at VA ABC in the last week. The 1792 Sweet Wheat was a lottery win.

The Barrell Armida is some really interesting stuff. It doesn't even really taste like a bourbon, but is quite tasty. A nice change of pace to reset the tastebuds.

IMG_2980.JPG

• I like it 5

I picked up an odd one today - The Mallet.  It's a wheat mash bill Bourbon made somewhere in Indiana.  I assume MGP, but can neither affirm or deny.  The label is vague.  One thing I wasn't too happy about, when I got home and used a magnifying glass - aged 2 years. 😬 That was in some tiny cursive script meant to look like a handwritten label.  Oh, at least it's single barrel. 😆  The whole presentation looks like they were trying to be similar to the older OWA package, but not so similar to involve copyright problems.  How does it taste.  There's not much nose to it.  On the palate, it's like a more bland and sweeter version of MM.  At least I don't detect white dog notes.  We'll see if this wheater opens up after the neck pour. 🤞

Picked up some more WTKS , RR, Michter's, and in the Spirit of St. Patty's....... Although I already opened the Teeling 

20210316_162315.jpg

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, silverc said:

Picked up these two, and a bottle of Maker's Mark FAE-01 2021 Ltd Edition at VA ABC in the last week. The 1792 Sweet Wheat was a lottery win.

The Barrell Armida is some really interesting stuff. It doesn't even really taste like a bourbon, but is quite tasty. A nice change of pace to reset the tastebuds.

IMG_2980.JPG

You mean someone actually does win when entering the VA ABC Lottery??!! Congrats.

23 hours ago, bayouredd said:

I am not an MC Whore, but I do like a little on the side!!! 😁 It's kinda a kool change of pacer...

Make a Bloody Mary with it instead of vodka. 

• I like it 1

Just picked up another couple of bottles of ECBP A121 from my buddy up in the "Live Free or Die" state.  👆

This is some great stuff!  🥰

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

1 minute ago, GeeTen said:

Just picked up another couple of bottles of ECBP A121 from my buddy up in the "Live Free or Die" state.  👆

I also managed to get two L&K Four Roses picks as well which I can't wait to try this weekend!! Working overnights is cutting down my consumption during the week!

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, elmossle said:

Working overnights is cutting down my consumption during the week!

Ohhhh nooooooo - the horror!   🤪

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

AH, POOP!!  Wandered into a store today to pick up an EWB 86 for cocktails for some newbies and saw three A121s on the shelf for $70.  Hadn't tasted it or thought about it so only bought one.

• I like it 3

Next time, buy one for me too Harry?  

I'm good for it, I swear!  

• I like it 1

Nothing special - prep for Summer.  WT ksbw 81, JB rye 90.  Lower proofs for  those hot, non beer days.  Now, I just have to make fridge space for them.

• I like it 1

picked up a handle of EW BIB since I was almost out, and in the spirit of St. Patty's day I picked up a Redbreast 12yr.

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Couldn’t resist. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9d014e0d855ba462cd07df9ead26266e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.44c89df8ecaaa5d6b40891473dd40d01.jpeg

You're easy aren't you???  And I have a box for it if you need one . . . . .   🤪

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.