What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, geclbxf said:

It is really good - there is still plenty at the distillery for those close enough.

Do you need a reservation to go to the distillery or can you just show up?

31 minutes ago, LvR Mike said:

What is JAM MHC?

20210310_142642(0).jpg

Joseph A. Magnus Murray Hill Club (Batch 10) next to a JAM Cigar Blend (Batch No. 31).  Couldn't find my bottle of "regular" Magnus - probably drank it already!   😋

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 8

1 hour ago, LvR Mike said:

Do you need a reservation to go to the distillery or can you just show up?

You can just show up if you just want to hit the gift shop and/or restaurant and bar.  Tours I would book ahead, normally not busy but you never know.  
If your state is progressive, they can ship to you.  Check the website. 

21 minutes ago, markandrex said:

You can just show up if you just want to hit the gift shop and/or restaurant and bar.  Tours I would book ahead, normally not busy but you never know.  
If your state is progressive, they can ship to you.  Check the website. 

May I add, beautiful new building and definitely worth the visit even without a tour.  Depending on the timing of other releases, I’ll be up there within the next few weeks and will swing by to pick up the Discovery Series 4 and maybe Phifer Pavitt finish if they still have it.

Bardstown Bourbon Company is definitely worth a visit.  It's an amazing place.  Great restaurant, gift shop and lots of friendly and helpful people.  One of my favorite places (along with the Bar at Willett).

• I like it 1

BBC has the best restaurant in Bardstown, IMO.  👍🏻

• I like it 2

I’ve passed it a few times but never stopped in, will keep it in mind for next trip to motherland.

Edited by PhantomLamb

3 hours ago, AlfaLarreo said:

May I add, beautiful new building and definitely worth the visit even without a tour.  Depending on the timing of other releases, I’ll be up there within the next few weeks and will swing by to pick up the Discovery Series 4 and maybe Phifer Pavitt finish if they still have it.

just had Discovery 4 and Fusion 4 recently.   Also agree with the group about the restaurant, just awesome.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:44 PM, lemonman said:

I found 3 MM101s and several BT on the shelf. Grabbed one of each, loaded the trunk, then walked back in and grabbed another MM101. I knew I'd drive away and regret not grabbing that 2nd bottle; I was nice enough to leave one for the next guy.

Me too.  I came across 3 on the shelf for a good price so I grabbed 2 of them for myself!

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

What is JAM MHC?

Joseph A Magnus Murray Hill Club. 

• I like it 1

Grabbed an ECBP A121... Michigan didnt get any of the C920 so I was glad to see my LS pull one out for me today

23 hours ago, GeeTen said:

20210310_142642(0).jpg

Joseph A. Magnus Murray Hill Club (Batch 10) next to a JAM Cigar Blend (Batch No. 31).  Couldn't find my bottle of "regular" Magnus - probably drank it already!   😋

Ever since you posted this pic I've been thinking about stopping by Julios for a new bottle of MHC. @ $100 though I wish my bottle would have lasted longer than a week. 😋

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 3

Henry McKenna 10yr BiB and Monkey Shoulder blended scotch for a newbie Zoom tasting tonite!  Easy drinkin' intro hooch.   😊

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

25 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Ever since you posted this pic I've been thinking about stopping by Julios for a new bottle of MHC. @ $100 though I wish my bottle would have lasted longer than a week. 😋

Wish they would get more Cigar Blend . . . . just sayin'.  🥰

• I like it 6

bought 2 bottles of ER 10yr at a LS that is a regular stop for me. Had 6 on the shelf no restrictions, I could have bought them all $44/btl. Bought 2 for a friend in Florida, he paid $80 for his last bottle. 

• I like it 2

bought 2 bottles of ER 10yr at a LS that is a regular stop for me. Had 6 on the shelf no restrictions, I could have bought them all $44/btl. Bought 2 for a friend in Florida, he paid $80 for his last bottle. 

1 hour ago, yobber76 said:

Things ain’t much better here In northern Illinois yobber. I passed on ER  @ $79.99 at a store this past Sunday. 🤔

Anyway, I had a little time after work for a change, so I stopped in at a store I hadn’t been to in a while. The manager seemed glad to see me and wondered where I’d been lately. (Cough, cough 🐂💩) To make a potentially very, very long story short, as a matter of good faith, I purchased a 750 of JTS Brown BIB, and a liter of JW Dant BIB at fairly reasonable prices as backups for my HH BIB Blend. 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.8c333f20d2f67c964c29990ecd5b41fe.jpeg

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Things ain’t much better here In northern Illinois yobber. I passed on ER  @ $79.99 at a store this past Sunday. 🤔

Anyway, I had a little time after work for a change, so I stopped in at a store I hadn’t been to in a while. The manager seemed glad to see me and wondered where I’d been lately. (Cough, cough 🐂💩) To make a potentially very, very long story short, as a matter of good faith, I purchased a 750 of JTS Brown BIB, and a liter of JW Dant BIB at fairly reasonable prices as backups for my HH BIB Blend. 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.8c333f20d2f67c964c29990ecd5b41fe.jpeg

yeah, bourbon whatever....

where did that giant peep come from?

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Microwave?

• I like it 3

On 3/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, smokinjoe said:

BBC has the best restaurant in Bardstown, IMO.  👍🏻

The fried chicken is a religious experience....

30 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Check out the paraphernalia thread, more stuff....😉

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Wish they would get more Cigar Blend . . . . just sayin'.  🥰

Hey @GeeTen, sorry I've been absent for so long. I'm finally on the mend, although not 100% yet, so I'll slowly be making more of an appearance on the forum again. Thanks for coming to the rescue and explaining what "JAM MHC" means! 😂

And here's a nice drop 'o insider info: in mid-April, there will be 13 Batches of Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon that will be released all at once. 6 of them were originally intended to be released in January (long story), but have been held off a while before release. The 13th batch is a special "Michigan state only" release that I created for the state of Michigan, since they aren't legally allowed to have spirits as high proof as the most recent batches of CB. 

Errrr.....you didn't hear ANY of this from me. A little nome came and dropped this info! I don't know if it's technically public info until April. 😜🥃

Cheers!

Nancy

• I like it 8

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The fried chicken is a religious experience....

Agreed - paired with a barrel aged old fashioned - which they actually re-barrel in the rickhouse 

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Errrr.....you didn't hear ANY of this from me. 

Hear what? 🙄 Proper response: Xactly! 😉

I’m glad you’re doing better Nancy. It’s good to see you posting again. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, mal00768 said:

I've never heard of the MHC, nor seen one, but now I'm curious to know what I'm missing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.