What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/23/2021 at 6:05 PM, steven s said:

No stores to speak of near me, so when I get to the "big" city, i stock up.  I wonder if the management even read this particular OF SBBS description before putting the sign up. His "advertisement" is not super-flattering. I had to try one though.

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

Nice haul!

image.thumb.jpeg.43bf3e4f475e4892f1c3ca15fec8df29.jpeg

Found these two guys today for $39. Also lucky enough to get a gift shop only belle meade vanilla cask to be delivered very soon

• I like it 2

Was surprised to score all of these at a TW, especially as I was informed by an employee at a different location the Distiller’s Cut apparently is no longer stocked.

One of the KS bottles is destined for @fosmith....

5F25293D-2C2C-430A-8E74-8A25ABE6DA6C.jpeg

1D745CC2-8581-46BD-8B52-455641BD90F0.jpeg

Edited by parksmart
  • I like it 12

Shopping day today.😁 This time, I had full intentions of stocking up on a few things. Purchased two liters of BT, a MM 46, and a MM 101. Both the MM’s seem to be dipped by “my gal” at MM. The MM 101 was in the box, so I bought it sight unseen. I had to look through a few bottles of the 46. 🙄

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.017d22fb668be3380b2c3a93ae1b9fc3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9c0a9da150efd3cce8fc140961787894.jpeg

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

After a 2+ year drought-- a nice MSRP lottery win. Wonderful color.

IMG_5875.thumb.jpg.b5a6640ae069919f04146486d0b1525c.jpg

Congrats.

Damn beautiful bottle right there.

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

18 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Congrats.

Damn beautiful bottle right there.

It really is gorgeous, isn’t it.  👍🏻

• I like it 1

On 2/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Marekv8 said:

Congrats! 

It’s a fantastic whiskey that easily stood out in a blind. 

6D76F658-3426-481F-9D23-26A66FCDCDB4.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
No picture
  • I like it 5

On 2/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, parksmart said:

Was surprised to score all of these at a TW, especially as I was informed by an employee at a different location the Distiller’s Cut apparently is no longer stocked.

5F25293D-2C2C-430A-8E74-8A25ABE6DA6C.jpeg

1D745CC2-8581-46BD-8B52-455641BD90F0.jpeg

Ooh, ooh, Warehouse A.  I hear those are among the best.  Fantails too!  Nice!

• I like it 1

On 2/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Shopping day today.😁 This time, I had full intentions of stocking up on a few things. Purchased two liters of BT, a MM 46, and a MM 101. Both the MM’s seem to be dipped by “my gal” at MM. The MM 101 was in the box, so I bought it sight unseen. I had to look through a few bottles of the 46. 🙄

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.017d22fb668be3380b2c3a93ae1b9fc3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9c0a9da150efd3cce8fc140961787894.jpeg

Been seeing a lot of BT in Indy.  Maybe BT is getting ahead of the demand curve?  

I don't know what year you graduated but I believe I can guess pretty close.  Did you go to school with Mike Chappell who used to write for the Indy Star?  He was a Beech Grove Hornet?

On 2/27/2021 at 5:16 PM, Marekv8 said:

Awesome!  I have been lucky enough to score only one ER17 in the past.  It was an excellent bottle.   Enjoy!

Not necessarily today, but this week I managed to put a dent in the credit card with 4 bottles of ECBP A121, not all for me. Add in a bottle of OF 100 and WTRB and it was a good week at the state store.

On a side note, I am already half way done with the A121 which is a phenomenal bourbon and could possibly be the bourbon of the year come December. It is well balanced and has an amazing finish. If you find some at a good price, be wise and grab a bottle and deal with the "look" from the wife when you get home. If you pass, just start kicking your own ass as you walk out the store door. It is a awesome bourbon!

• I like it 3

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Been seeing a lot of BT in Indy.  Maybe BT is getting ahead of the demand curve?  

I don't know what year you graduated but I believe I can guess pretty close.  Did you go to school with Mike Chappell who used to write for the Indy Star?  He was a Beech Grove Hornet?

BT hasn’t completely disappeared from the shelves here in quite a while. Maybe a bit hard to find occasionally, but at the very least, a bottle or two could always be found without too much trouble. As with your observation about stores in Indy, the same can be said of stores here. The shelves seem to be pretty well stocked with it at most places I’ve been to lately.

I believe Mike Chappel was about 5 years ahead of me, so I didn’t know him. FWIW, I did go to school with the current mayor of Beech Grove, Dennis Buckley. He was only one year ahead of me.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

BT hasn’t completely disappeared from the shelves here in quite a while. Maybe a bit hard to find occasionally, but at the very least, a bottle or two could always be found without too much trouble. As with your observation about stores in Indy, the same can be said of stores here. The shelves seem to be pretty well stocked with it at most places I’ve been to lately.

I believe Mike Chappel was about 5 years ahead of me, so I didn’t know him. FWIW, I did go to school with the current mayor of Beech Grove, Dennis Buckley. He was only one year ahead of me.

Biba! Joe

Not to digress, but did you know any Vespos?  Three of my cousins graduated from Beech Grove.

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not to digress, but did you know any Vespos?  Three of my cousins graduated from Beech Grove.

In looking back at things, Karen Vespo also graduated a year ahead of me. 

3 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

It’s a fantastic whiskey that easily stood out in a blind. 

6D76F658-3426-481F-9D23-26A66FCDCDB4.jpeg

Haha ya think?  Ordinary ER10 not really a fair fight 😁

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, parksmart said:

Only @parksmart could find "dusties" at Total Wine lol!  You're an amazing hunter and thanks for grabbing one for me.  I've never had a fantail bottle WTKS before.  In fact, I'm halfway through my first ever bottle of WTKS (new style bottle) and, I have to say, it's really really good.  As much as I love WT101, this is an order of magnitude better.  I was skeptical but it's worth the up charge, IMO.  I know.. it's a SiB so YMMV.  

• I like it 3

Sunday shopping...  Will be all new tastes for me.

5CC9E2F0-8190-4AF7-943D-ABB9B3719913.thumb.jpeg.bdabd03d99af46027029b618b4499871.jpeg

Edited by Kjbarth
  • I like it 7

Baker's single barrel, 8.5 years old.  Good, really good.  Not sure why I don't buy this all the time.

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

Baker's single barrel, 8.5 years old.  Good, really good.  Not sure why I don't buy this all the time.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the price for Baker’s in your area? A while back when changes were made to Baker’s, I believe a couple places near me “missed  the boat” so to speak. They were charging the old price of $37.99 for both. Then the price jumped up all the way to $89.99 for regular Baker’s :blink: That was crazy because that was more than Booker’s. Adjustments seem to have been made because at one store in my area, Baker’s is now $61.99 and Booker’s is $75.99.

Biba! Joe

Joe,

Current price here in Elizabethtown is $61.99.  Too expensive, imho, but nonetheless a very good bourbon.  Booker's is $78.99.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

I agree.  The single barrel format has been a very nice change.  (Not that I didn’t like the old batched Baker’s)

Would you believe the new Single barrels are hidden in back and/or lottery bottles at some of our local stores here now.

🤯

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the price for Baker’s in your area? A while back when changes were made to Baker’s, I believe a couple places near me “missed  the boat” so to speak. They were charging the old price of $37.99 for both. Then the price jumped up all the way to $89.99 for regular Baker’s :blink: That was crazy because that was more than Booker’s. Adjustments seem to have been made because at one store in my area, Baker’s is now $61.99 and Booker’s is $75.99.

Biba! Joe

"Regular" Bakers - $49.99 OTD here.  Still very much "worth it" IMHO.   😋

41 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

"Regular" Bakers - $49.99 OTD here.  Still very much "worth it" IMHO.   😋

Its $59.99 + Gov's share in Ohio - that's quite a deal up North.   I think it has been a good change to single barrel, but the price and value intersect for me and I am not buying much due to the higher MSRP.  Also harder to get now too.   One place in Columbus has it this morning according to the website.   UGH

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.